Request Crystal Files Server Error on drop edit.

Join Discord

Zeinzu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hi guys, I'm playing with the crystal 2.8 files at the moment and it's all going good just i don't want to include the archer or assassin, so i'm trying to take out all the items in the drop files and i keep getting this error on my server start whenever i alter the drops.

Server.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Zeinzu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2012
I've tried both, i've changed the items name in the item database so that it would no longer correspond with the drop file and the error i get wont allow me to start the server.

so i tried going through each individual drop file for each mob and taking out the individual archer and assassin items, only to be met with this error.

Upvote 0

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
By sure you ****ed some off them and leave some letters should remove some lines missed as it was happened with me also

Upvote 0

Zeinzu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2012
i haven't left any remaining letters in the lines on the drop files i have removed them from.

Upvote 0

Zeinzu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2012
But the server was running just fine before i removed the assassin and archer item lines from their drop files. soon as i did the server spazzed out.

---------- Post Merged at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:14 PM ----------

i deleted those files but still got the same error, so put them back. thanks tho

Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
sunpot_2 is the problem. dont think _ is readable?

its support_2 which is his pcs username, nothing to do with the error?

---------- Post Merged at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:16 PM ----------

after deleting the items have you deleted the characters that may have had those items aswell? i always start with a new ADB (account database) after editing the items DB

Upvote 0

Zeinzu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2012
It was a brand new fresh set of files and was running perfectly. only thing i have changed is the drop file lines containing assassin and archer items, if i put copies of the drop files that still contain the item lines into the drop folder, the error goes away.

just annoying how no matter what i do i cant seem to remove the archer and assassin items from the game without an error occurring

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I had issues with this when leaving spaces and such behind within the drop files; I found it easier to initially use Notepad++ to find and change on all drop files.

So for instance find AssassinArmour1 ; replace with HPDrug(XL) and do this for all the items in question.
and when I have manually gone through the drops afterwards I removed these where applicable, you can find and replace with a space but thats how i started getting issues ; that or you have an invalid error on the quantity / incorrect line in one of your drops such as 1/1x0 or 1/100armour (no space) can cause issues.

Just things I have tested to break things haha

Upvote 0

Zeinzu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2012
interesting Lightbringer, ill try replacing them with other item names at first see how it handles it, thanks

Upvote 0

Zeinzu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 10, 2012
i have sorted it, i deleted ALL the drop files and the server was designed to replace all files for any monsters in the DB, so it gave me all the files back with blank item lists. thus removing the archer and assassin items :).

it means i have to build the drops up from scratch but hey at least the items i wanted gone are gone, thanks all for your help.

i do believe tho that the problem was that the server was detecting i had changed the .txt's and wanted to replace them as its designed to but couldn't as it still existed.

Upvote 0