Crystal Test Server - Now Live!

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Glad it worked for you. Have fun

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

---------- Post Merged on 13-09-2015 at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-09-2015 at 08:56 PM ----------

Server has been updated with all bugs reported so far fixed, and DB has been updated with new Monsters, Items, NPCs found bugged so far.

New players now get a "TestServerScroll" to help you teleport places (among other things). So if you've already got a character just make yourself one.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
thanks for showing. i'll fix that now. try not to do it again for a while :P

manbearpig95

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 10, 2013
think its just when i do that on the bridge lol

---------- Post Merged at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:08 PM ----------

ahh it crashes any time i kill any pets mate

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004
Can I just create any account for this or do we need one setup?

Also, I assume this matches the LIVE server and everything is up to date?

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
I know this isn't meant to be a proper server for playing etc but it could end up being the most popular one to play. Therefore some further information would be a great idea. Obviously removing the game master powers would be needed aswell.

What's the experience rate.
What's the drops rate.
Etc etc.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I know this isn't meant to be a proper server for playing etc but it could end up being the most popular one to play. Therefore some further information would be a great idea. Obviously removing the game master powers would be needed aswell.

What's the experience rate.
What's the drops rate.
Etc etc.

I don't work as part of the team, but as far as I can tell (inferring from Far and the others) there is no intention of removing the GM powers as the sole focus of this server is for testing the file themselves.

Along those lines I doubt anyone is going to be doing balancing either.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
gm powers are enabled because the server is running with the pure intention of getting people to find bugs.

all rates are default x1. Balancing is something we want to look at and fix any issues as its part of the database.

The current advert is only temporary and will be replaced with a prettier one soon.

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
Will the refine npc be added? I tested it on a server locally and it crashes the server but not all the time. the server/client doesnt validate refining

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
didnt realise it wasn't in game. yes it'll be added.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
That was kind of the point though. Set it up as a normal server that only gets bug fixes.

Could find more bugs that way imo. Bugs from proper game play are worth more. Best way to test is to play as normal.

Notice - wipe is possible if severe bugs are found etc etc.

But I understand you just want to get the files correct and working proper. I do think you could have a winner though if made into a proper server.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Just crashed the server after I and another player spawned some mobs such as ZT, Bonelord etc and they spawned their own mob.
Then I spawned 3 DD pets and an MTK pet and other player spawned Yimoogi.
Was mayhem but nothing excessive then I got Server Crashed : disconnected from server.
I got back in shortly after, all mobs gone and everything back to normal.

Did the server drop and restart on its own ?

Briefly got in again and it crashed again whilst typing this.
Now I cant get in.

Is there a better place to type this ?

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
if you find bugs ideally they need to be put in the crystal bugs section.

It's the Yimoogi that errors - please dont spawn until i fix :)

---------- Post Merged at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:02 PM ----------

yimoogi bug fixed i think - not sure why it was doing it, but shouldn't do it again!

Roborius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2012
This is not a "bug", but I can't see any mob in white dragon passage (I miss some .lib maybe, but I have nothing more to download)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
thanks for spot. this will be fixed today