customer npc text docs

Join Discord

mirrealms

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2006
hi all may seem like a stupid question but when i make an npc and i want it to check a specific textfile in which folder do i place this would it be MapQuest_Def or is it Quest diary this is the 1st npc im using checking the textfile. :dunce:

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
If you want it to read a script from another txt doc then i suggest using this
[@main]
#CALL [\\Market\Book.txt] @main

this would look for the txt doc book in the folder 'market' under the quest diary folder. hope this helps

Upvote 0

mirrealms

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2006
ah sorry its not to read another part of script sorry if i wrote this wrong just got in from a 12hour shift.

say fro example if i do a qeust it will put my name in the text doc but i need to know where to place this text doc or would it be easier to set up flags as i want to say for example Pick 1st 10th 50th 100th person who has completed the quest so i can give a prize to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
ah sorry its not to read another part of script sorry if i wrote this wrong just got in from a 12hour shift.

say fro example if i do a qeust it will put my name in the text doc or would it be easier to set up flags as i want to say for example Pick 100th person who has completed the quest so i can give a prize to them.

ah in that case try using these commands

#IF
checknamelist NameList/namelist.txt (checks character name in txt doc)

#act
addnamelist NameList/namelist.txt (adds the name)
delnamelist NameList/namelist.txt (deletes)

you should create the folder 'NameList' under market_def for this.

Upvote 0

mirrealms

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2006
absaloutly sweet mate thank you very much this has been pondering on my mind all day.

Upvote 0

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
No problem, also if you want to do that check for 100th person then try using this #IF command.
CHECKNAMELISTPOSITION Namelist.txt 100 (this will check if there on 100th line).
not sure if it works as ive never tried but its in the command list so give it a try.

Upvote 0