Dat Phone Camera

smoochy boys on tour

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Seriously, the camera on the Nokia Lumia 920 is the tits. This photo was taken in the black of night;

WP_20130121_0142.jpg

And here's the same photo taken with an iPhone 4 for comparison;

IMG_01552.jpg

I love it.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
That is some seriously great illumination on the first picture, it's good when a camera phone can take the same guilty picture as a camera. But you should never expect too much from Apple though, they are crap and always have been.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
That is some seriously great illumination on the first picture, it's good when a camera phone can take the same guilty picture as a camera. But you should never expect too much from Apple though, they are crap and always have been.

Your brave.

the fans boys are going to attack now.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Your brave.

the fans boys are going to attack now.
I'm not an Apple fan and never have been, if the fan boys want a fight I can give them more reasons to why Apple are shite than they can to why I should like them.

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
That is really impressive! Quality is fantastic compared to just about any other smartphone ive seen, especially with the picture being taken at night.

Also, Apple products are pretty poor...

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
That is impressive.

I have to get a new phone as I need a new contract but have no idea what to go for... :( it's been so long since I was interested, I'm out of touch

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
Althought nokia might have a better camera than iphone, the apps are **** and always have been, not much to do on a nokia than an iphone and u will most probably get bored of ur nokia.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Althought nokia might have a better camera than iphone, the apps are **** and always have been, not much to do on a nokia than an iphone and u will most probably get bored of ur nokia.
However the APPS on IPhone are locked down, which gives you no development access unless you jailbreak it. Another down fall of Apple, where as the Nokia is a Windows OS and gives you greater ability in development and SDK tool kits.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
However the APPS on IPhone are locked down, which gives you no development access unless you jailbreak it. Another down fall of Apple, where as the Nokia is a Windows OS and gives you greater ability in development and SDK tool kits.

I'm sure it's safe to assume the average phone user doesn't need development access.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
I'm sure it's safe to assume the average phone user doesn't need development access.
When you think about who the actual average user is, then yes they do. Though the phones are sold within the direct consumer market, they are also sold within in the business market and these would be classed as your average user.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK

still doesn't change the fact that iphones are better.. personally i think iphones camera is good enough, it's the other features on it that interests me more like the apps for instance.. you want a good picture, get a real camera.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
When you think about who the actual average user is, then yes they do. Though the phones are sold within the direct consumer market, they are also sold within in the business market and these would be classed as your average user.

No they don't. Why don't you think about who the actual average user is. Just because a select few of the users want something, does not mean they are the 'average'. A minority of iPhone users may demand development access, but it would not be a majority.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Love how this has now come to a comparison of phones in general, I merely stated the camera was good.

But yeah, I ditched my shitty iPhone which runs a terrible 5 year old -excuse of an- OS for a lovely Lumia 920, brand new OS with fantastic features as well as amazing hardware on the phone itself!

Also love to see the Apple fanboys out to play. Hey guys.