Database Editor

Join Discord

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Been teaching meself basic VB and decided i would make a program what would help server makers. For those of you that have been around a while you will remember a database editor by the MirApprentice, this im hoping is gonna have simularities but will work for Access and SQL.

At the moment it is very basic all you can do is access a SQL db and scroll through the attributes... you can edit the information and update it and add new rows, but copying and pasting new rows isnt avilible just yet...

Im hoping people will find this program useful and if they do i plan to upgrade it even further with monster databases, npc scripter etc.

Like i said at the moment its very early stages but v1.0 should be hopfully released by monday.

The main reason for this thread is feedback would you find this program useful?

thanks

/MrEcho

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
one annoying thing i have found with using enterprise to modify data is that if you have a duplicate row for example in mongen and want to delete, or modify it,, enterprise wont let you. you have to use query analyser and scripts, or export, modify and import.

and the same goes for copying,, u can only copy/paste and modify one line at a time (unless its me and theres another way, usually comes up with too many rows were affected ect ect)

PS, what happened to the ledu type startup for 2.3 exes?

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Quick screeny

Attachments

• Echo-LtdDBEdit.JPG
    Echo-LtdDBEdit.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 141

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Looking good few things i would change:

Add HP/MP/EXP/Slow/Poison/Evasion These aren't Boolean variables are they?
Same with Craft type.

Drop down boxes for True/False entries.

List/Listbox for a complete list of the database entries so you can select an item/mob/npc without having to click next/last to get to what you want to edit.

If you want to get fancy a preview image of the item looks etc. =p

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Looking good few things i would change:

Add HP/MP/EXP/Slow/Poison/Evasion These aren't Boolean variables are they?
Same with Craft type.

Drop down boxes for True/False entries.

List/Listbox for a complete list of the database entries so you can select an item/mob/npc without having to click next/last to get to what you want to edit.

If you want to get fancy a preview image of the item looks etc. =p

Problem with the hp/mp/exp etc is that that proggy doesnt allow the Null field, so i had to do an if command to see if it was null etc... also for them theres more then a true or false answer.

as for can trade etc i plan to do check boxes cause they are true or false answers...

and im gonna do an image prev :D that will hopefully be in v1.0 :D

.MREcho

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
With plain text boxes people will need to type True/False you should know people are lazy so they won't type it lol

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Should be hopfully releasing v1.0 of my editor later today (if i can worm out one minor bug)

Current Features:
' Database Scrolling (Next, Previous, First and Last Record)
' Database Editing (Edit a record)
' Record Adding (Add a new record to your Database)
' Database Updating (Update a edited or new record)
' Database Searching (Search Database for a certain item)

The main part of the coding is pretty much done, its a matter of copy and paste little bits now...

The display (looks) of the program have only been thrown together so the layout isnt great but i will be working on that along with making it able to read the imgindex from a .wil in v 1.1.

Keep eye on this thread if ya wanna make editing ya db's easier :P

/MrEcho

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
not sure if its in or you have any plans to add, but a query would be nice on separate fields, for instance, put 5 in the stdmode and see all items stdmode 5,, or put *mir* in name and see all mir items, more ideas come as i type, or put >30 and see all items with dc greater than 30. sorry of this is more difficult than copy/paste but would be good.

still better than having to open enterprise tho

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
one annoying thing i have found with using enterprise to modify data is that if you have a duplicate row for example in mongen and want to delete, or modify it,, enterprise wont let you. you have to use query analyser and scripts, or export, modify and import.

and the same goes for copying,, u can only copy/paste and modify one line at a time (unless its me and theres another way, usually comes up with too many rows were affected ect ect)

PS, what happened to the ledu type startup for 2.3 exes?

sql is your friend!!

delete
from tbl_tablename
where fld_fieldname = '0'

or

select *
from tbl_tablename

can add as many and if where or etc commands as you want, i store the most useful ones in a text file to copy and paste.

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
not sure if its in or you have any plans to add, but a query would be nice on separate fields, for instance, put 5 in the stdmode and see all items stdmode 5,, or put *mir* in name and see all mir items, more ideas come as i type, or put >30 and see all items with dc greater than 30. sorry of this is more difficult than copy/paste but would be good.

still better than having to open enterprise tho
Thats a good idea actually could make it so it gives a list and you click on the one you want...

I know its not Mir specific but isn't the Database Desktop that comes with Delphi any use here ?
Using vb.net other than delphi with this one :O

/MrEcho

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
sql is your friend!!

delete
from tbl_tablename

or

select *
from tbl_tablename

can add as many and if where or etc commands as you want, i store the most useful ones in a text file to copy and paste.

yep, thats why i posted that you have to use query analyser, and scripts :p

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
yep, thats why i posted that you have to use query analyser, and scripts :p

Off Topic: Jasp check ya pms m8.

On Topic: All of the new coding for release v1.0 is now done, its a matter of a tiny bit of copy and paste now :D

/MrEcho

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
v1.0 Release.
This is a very basic release. There will more then likely be alot of small bugs and type-o's due to me consentrating on the code more then the display and text. If you notice any bugs no matter how small please post them on here. Would like to say a big thank you to ADM and Thedeath for listening to me rant on and for helping out.

What you need to do.
You need a up to date DM2+ item database installed and Fld_ID must be set as the primary key.

Change the path etc in Settings.ini to where your db is etc...

What the proggy does.
Opens and reads data from your items database you can view edit delect records etc. Its pretty straight foward.

The search function only works with FLD_Name and only with the Exact Name.... e.g. IronArmour = wrong IronArmour(M) = correct (is also k sensitive)

Hope you all find this proggy useful, im going to get to work on v1.1

http://www.echo-ltd.co.uk/Tools/SQL Database Edit.rar

/MREcho

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I thought I'd run it, regardless of having no sql server in place.
I had a nice error box come up with all sorts of stuff for each of your calls.
I have .net framework but no SQL 2005.

When you've done the main bulk of the prog, maybe consider an initial test for a SQL server being resident.

Can I use MYSql or does it have to be SQL 2005 as the error shows me ?

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
I thought I'd run it, regardless of having no sql server in place.
I had a nice error box come up with all sorts of stuff for each of your calls.
I have .net framework but no SQL 2005.

When you've done the main bulk of the prog, maybe consider an initial test for a SQL server being resident.

Can I use MYSql or does it have to be SQL 2005 as the error shows me ?

Like i said there will be bugs like that (thanks for reporting im gonna fix once iv coded the copy record button) and currently no it doesnt working with mysql... but im hoping to make it work with my ms and access...

/MREcho

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I have done one for Mir3 using ADO. Just thought I would post some pics so you can see how I did the interface.

HL1.JPG

HL2.JPG

HL3.JPG