DB server help.

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
in options u have to write Map Path don't you ? well not exactly. you have to write there envir path so e.g E:\mud\envir not E:\mud\map. i think it should fix the problem. if not i'll search for some things in my files to find whatr ur problem is or other members will help u :P or you will have to change passwords in options if u put different one when setting up sql. maybe i'm wrong....who knows..

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
Mhh u have try to restore db´s again and look for the ips inside SQL Server with Enterprise manager

Controll also in Table selectip if u have a server name there not that chiniese quadrats and into Server info must be the same name as in selectip u find both under pubips in the db Account

Upvote 0

miricalboy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2005
loughborough
Amenovis said:
Mhh u have try to restore db´s again and look for the ips inside SQL Server with Enterprose manager

Kontroll also in Table selectip if u have a server name there not that chiniese quadrats and into Server info must be the same name as in selectip
yeh i have restored it all changed all server names to Test and all ips to mine but i still carnt find TLB_STDMODE

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh and u also have a look for the password everywhere ? odbc sql and logingate and dbsrv?

Stdmode is a table inside Game3G DB thats why i ask for restore db correctly (i think about if i tryed to restore he writes an error and i have to go to options and set the path manual. so maybe you try it again go in ur Account db and click on restore than go to the second flyer Options and copy the part till ...\account_mdf(iam not sure if right written the name*sry) all what is befor u copy and click on delete

than u go to game3g db and try to restore if he wrote u the error go on second flyer and paste the path till ...\game3g_mdf

(... <-the must be ur path and that in both lines not only in one)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
hiho hey iam only also a beginner i try only to help i never had that prob i have think only it must be have something to do with ur db´s restoring because the error is a dbsetting or dbrestore error read the post from me bevor i wrote that one i have edit it

Upvote 0

miricalboy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2005
loughborough
Amenovis said:
hiho hey iam only also a beginner i try only to help i never had that prob i have think only it must be have something to do with ur db´s restoring because the error is a dbsetting or dbrestore error read the post from me bevor i wrote that one i have edit it
:) thanx anyway.. i never had this problem with my other files so i think it is just them DB's

Upvote 0

miricalboy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2005
loughborough
ok i have no idea whats wrong :/ and now i have put all the ips back to 127.0.0.1 and tried to log on but no db server still dont work :/

Upvote 0

mapadale

When u setup MSSQL and it asked you for a password for it did you use sa or did u use ur own.

Also as a recommendation i wouldnt have ur SQL password as SA, cause if anyone hacked ur comp then they have full access to your DB's.

Upvote 0

miricalboy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2005
loughborough
mapadale said:
When u setup MSSQL and it asked you for a password for it did you use sa or did u use ur own.

Also as a recommendation i wouldnt have ur SQL password as SA, cause if anyone hacked ur comp then they have full access to your DB's.
oh .. but any way yer i did have it as ''sa''

Upvote 0