Delphi 7 Learning Help

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Dose anyone have any good Delphi lessons i could learn from, been wanting to learn a little coding but never had the time so going to give a shot but not sure were to start.

I been using the 4GMir source as a little idea on how things work, but everytime i use a source am always getting missing files when i run it, the files are either in the source or in the Delphi dir, do i have to move those files to a certain place to be read or can i do it directly in delphi?

I just want to first try to compile a simple project first of all, get known to errors and such.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I don't know if this is correct but i was getting a certain file missing which was inside
C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Lib\Debug

So i went into options and edited source path to
C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Lib\Debug

That fixed that file problem but now i get Jsocket.dcu missing file, am sure you don't just throw all the missing files into the Debug file, is there away of Delphi searching the whole delphi folder instead of just 1 single dir?.

Edit:

Decided just to put the file into the Debug folder, but missing another file which isnt in the source or delphi =/
FlatUtils.dcu is the missing one, seems only searches find it in China, anyone have this?

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
If i remember rightly the delphi compiler needs correct components added into it to compile the clients etc cant remember which ones though should be in one of the guides for setting up.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
If i remember rightly the delphi compiler needs correct components added into it to compile the clients etc cant remember which ones though should be in one of the guides for setting up.

Ok thanks il try and find that.

Messed around with the LogServer, the only one i can get working as of yet.
logserver.png

Just looking at how LogServer reads things see how it works etc.. understanding it a little more better now.

Edit:
I don't have ICQ, i use QQ but i always forget my QQ so i just put it inside my ICQ lol, and thanks il take a look at it.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I'm having the same sort of issues using that mir bot source u posted sanity, i managed to find most the components and install them but just missing this one TWGState.dcu i done a search but nowt.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Posted at the same time as me lol

Try this http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=64397
tried too add you on ICQ but couldnt find you.

Could you check if the source has been removed? I done what the guide says
Right click -> SVN Checkout..

Paste there: http://svn.syshalt.net:81/svn/lomcn-lemon/
ID: lomcn
Password: lomcn

I can paste the link but there nothing were i could enter ID/Pass so i ignored that and thought will pop up once it's connected but it can't connect to the source so i think it's been removed or something..

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
The 4g uses under delphix and the source is missing stuff to compile
sdk is custom so u going to have to make one

lif