[DM2] Running server over to PC's

smoochy boys on tour

jamiedotco

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 16, 2006
Running server over to PC's

Well have noticed not matter how hard i try, the m2 server and MSSQL use up all my resources, so i am wondering how to setup a server over 2 PC's.

Would be great to run MSSQL on anther PC and still have the M2Server running on the same PC as all the gate.

So if any one knows how to do this, could you help me out

Thanks

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Re: Running server over to PC's

I've not used the files in question so take this as just a stab in the dark.

Surely, somewhere in the files there will be configuration options for your SQL Server. One of these options should be an IP address. Just setup your SQL server on a different machine, and point the IP setting to the IP of the machine.

/Leo

Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
same a leo said,

in the dbsrc and the setup.txt where the bit that says the info about sql username etc iam sure if you change the ip's on the sql bit to the internal ip of the machine your going to host sql on that will sort it out,iam not sure what other ip's would need to be changed tho, you had a user count over 100 earlier well done =) iam not suprised that your machines juice is being used up maybe time to think about a dedi box ?

Upvote 0

jamiedotco

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 16, 2006
using a dedicated server at the moment, need to spread the load. Have huge spawn rate, and a lot of caves and stuff so a lot of resources being used. Looking forward to getting the server to run over 2 PC's.

Thanks for your imput.

Upvote 0

jamiedotco

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 16, 2006
The settings on my old server are like this in my !setup

UseSQL=TRUE
SQLHost=(local)
SQLUsername=<user name.
SQLPassword=<password>
SQLDatabase=mir
SQLType=mssql

I want my New server to connect to old server MSSQL data base so my !setup now looks like this, so i have to add something other then the IP address? Cus this wont connect.

UseSQL=TRUE
SQLHost=<Old servers ip address>
SQLUsername=<user name.
SQLPassword=<password>
SQLDatabase=mir
SQLType=mssql

Upvote 0