Do people miss alphafrozen type servers? Fast paced PK and fairly quick lvling?

Join Discord

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
No offensee sam but if you've never created a high rate, and never played one, how can you compare a low rate to a high rate??? What are you basing your opinions on exactly, what people say on forums? lol.

You have no experience with a low rate other than playing one? in fact you tried create a low rate and it failed so you turned it into a high rate...

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
You have no experience with a low rate other than playing one? in fact you tried create a low rate and it failed so you turned it into a high rate...

I dont think bens actually created a proper euro mir low rate, hes had FH LR but that wasnt proper low i think it was more med? and it was a good server! the reason you have 300+ users is cause theres no other servers up really and you advertised well... its nice to see 300+ on a server though it means the fights are good and always people to kill :P

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
No offensee sam but if you've never created a high rate, and never played one, how can you compare a low rate to a high rate??? What are you basing your opinions on exactly, what people say on forums? lol.

In terms of development a low rate is SO MUCH easier to make, as like someones mentioned on this thread, you already have a WORKING and proven base in terms of what stats you should have at x level.

When your level 1000 on a high rate, what do you go by in how powerful someone should be etc?

Drop rates are also completely different, get it wrong and you got people level 200 with lvl 50 items, get it wrong and nothing is rare, its very difficult.

lol what has creating new maps got to do with high vs low rate?? you need new maps on ANY rate if the server is to be succesful. the spawns, layout etc will be the same regardless...

I actually offered my help to bring in some new ideas / features etc but no1 wants me :( bit of a shame rly I got some rly good ideas that could make mir last for a long time. Whenever I've planned a new server I've always tried to bring new features/designs that make players constantly keep playing and always have something to do.

Like on 4heros i think it was with that huge upgrade system with the stars, every day you'd have something to do... and at the end of it you'd be just a little bit stronger. as the weeks and months went by you felt like you were really acomplishing something which made people keep playing. Low rates dont have that (altho they can but its just more drawn out) which is why most of them get boring and die. Only way a low rate can survive is with a very good community that promotes big fights and stuff, that way people stay for the pvp, not the pve

btw dont get me wrong, i think what chronicles has done is great, from the screenshots and stuff it looks visually amazing and certainly makes you wanan get back into mir! but from what I read the ingame stuff is lacking a bit... I think thats where you need a more experienced person on your team

I am basing it on the most memorable set of private servers (in my opinion, this is all opinion based), which is RaGEZONE... And a reoccuring theme seems to be (also with 3/4 heroes, but again I didn't play the high rates as they have (again in my opinion) a much shorter life expectancy) create a low rate, up the exp/drops + add the features that wouldn't suit a lr, release as a high rate... Fundamentally most of the work has been done on the Low rate counter part...

Again my opinion is all, I have always stayed clear of high rates, I am not condoling them, just user preference :).

Sam

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I am basing it on the most memorable set of private servers (in my opinion, this is all opinion based), which is RaGEZONE... And a reoccuring theme seems to be (also with 3/4 heroes, but again I didn't play the high rates as they have (again in my opinion) a much shorter life expectancy) create a low rate, up the exp/drops + add the features that wouldn't suit a lr, release as a high rate... Fundamentally most of the work has been done on the Low rate counter part...

Again my opinion is all, I have always stayed clear of high rates, I am not condoling them, just user preference :).

Sam
Like i said tho if you never played a high rate how can you say its crap and have an opinion of it, it just makes no sense.

My high rate servers lasted longer than so many low rates... so the life expectancy is absolutely bullshit. The server will last as long as you keep putting the effort in and continue to make it a better server day by day.

you'll find low rates have a lot lower life expectancy because when people hit that level 40-50 area, it becomes VERY slow and VERY boring... yes it may have worked on euro because that was euro, but servers dont go that way. Your gonna struggle as an owner to keep players entertained and engaged. Not to mention 1 wrong move on a low rate and thats it server down the pan.

As shank said, you have no real competition atm, your server is not no1 because its the best (not saying it isnt good, visually it looks rly good, no idea wot its like ingame...) its because it has no1 to compete with. If someone released a good high rate i think you'd see quite a drop in your users, especially as people are getting past the honeymoon stage and hitting that lvl40+ brick wall.

I played euro for years, I have ample experience with low rates. 4H LR was maybe more a med rate as people reached into the 50s, however it was still based on a low rate theme and took people a few months to get there.

Failed? I wouldn't say that. It was a huge success and a massive hit considering its competition it had over 200 users. It was up for a year until I decided it just wasnt fun to work on and went back to a high rate.

That experience is something you dont have, you dont see both sides of the story, your just stuck in your "low rate is best" little world and because of that you'll never think outside of the box with new ideas.

Out of interested have you ever played any other RPGs or MMORPGs besides Mir or maybe WoW?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

The fact is, Making a chronicles HR, would be more effort than making chronicles LR , this is a fact, you cant even begin to talk your way out of it

a HR has more content - fact,
more content = longer developement cycle - fact.

But it depends on your defination of a HR, imo Bens servers were LR's with big numbers, i remember grinding for 2-3 months on FH to get semi-decent kit, it's just there was 30 kits inbetween instead of nothing. Ben's servers were not easy (unless you had a credit card).

The terms LR/MR/HR should be scrapped as there old fashioned and relate to a time when people would just get the server files and multiply the base Rate, just not relevant anymore. Should be NoContent/Medium Content/High Content.

In no way shape or form were 3H/FH HR a "High-rate" like the good old days of foundation/disturbed 1.9 and the old 1.4 Highrates.

Last edited:

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Shank said:
I dont think bens actually created a proper euro mir low rate, hes had FH LR but that wasnt proper low i think it was more med? and it was a good server! the reason you have 300+ users is cause theres no other servers up really and you advertised well... its nice to see 300+ on a server though it means the fights are good and always people to kill
level 50 in a year is a low rate.

As shank said, you have no real competition atm, your server is not no1 because its the best (not saying it isnt good, visually it looks rly good, no idea wot its like ingame...) its because it has no1 to compete with. If someone released a good high rate i think you'd see quite a drop in your users, especially as people are getting past the honeymoon stage and hitting that lvl40+ brick wall.
lol, Chronicles has had some of the biggest competitors in the history of lomcn, mir2forever, arcadia, p69 and FH. most of which have seen well over 100 users. who did you have as your competition that made your competition so good?

Not to mention you launched your servers 4+ years ago when the mir community was more active, when we started lomcn active members was hovering around 600-700, we brought this up to 2100 at one point. so if your next point is about who's done more for the community we've pipped you there too (as we've pulled it back from the death)

I played euro for years
Who hasn't?
I have ample experience with low rates. 4H LR was maybe more a med rate as people reached into the 50s, however it was still based on a low rate theme and took people a few months to get there.
Failed? I wouldn't say that. It was a huge success and a massive hit considering its competition it had over 200 users. It was up for a year until I decided it just wasnt fun to work on and went back to a high rate.
200 on launch/first few weeks maybe i remember it being more around the 80-90 mark.

That experience is something you dont have, you dont see both sides of the story, your just stuck in your "low rate is best" little world and because of that you'll never think outside of the box with new ideas.
Experience? i have plenty, i too played euro for years, and med / high rate servers and i enjoy them, i ran a MR server for 5 years (granted the user count wasn't great but at the time it didn't really matter), and now run the most popular server since official.

I know how much you like to measure cocks but I'm afraid here your just gonna lose every time.

Out of interested have you ever played any other RPGs or MMORPGs besides Mir or maybe WoW?

Iv played loads of other games not limited to just rpgs and mmorpgs. What people make the mistake with is thinking they should straight up copy systems from these games and try to change the core dynamics of mir and it just doesn't work, its no longer mir (level caps for example)

Don't get me wrong your servers was good and looked nice (other than OS) but you could of used someone more experienced on your team with advertising and toned down wow clone/ pay to win.

NightScare said:
The fact is, Making a chronicles HR, would be more effort than making chronicles LR , this is a fact, you cant even begin to talk your way out of it
This is nonsense, this is like me saying there is more effort converting a HR into a low rate. (ofc there is more effort you gotta fundamentally change what those files was made to do, instead of using the base files already available.)

You can make a HR in no time - there are frozen / alpha frozen files floating around / that most people have (which most have used as a base for HR) infact at one point there was so many of these servers coming up, people wanted them banned (which is no different to sticking up a base set of euro files with no work)
You can make a LR in no time - there are euro dbs etc. (which most people use as a base for LR)

i do think there is a gap in the market right now for a good high rate.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Bunch of bitching bitches !

All your servers suck, I will give Bon the award of imagination though....

Turrican, you said that to make a HR anyone could pick up a set of files and release it with minor changes....Then what the **** is a lowrate???

A lowrate is the EXACT rate of which the game was sourced and built upon....so i see why people are saying a lowrate is easier to make because at the end of the day ...THATS how it was built lol.

As for MirChronicles, yeh big woop you guys put a **** load of effort into it and YES its a custom lowrate ...but i dont think people are referring to your server (which i think sucks anyways).

Good game for spending the man hours and coming up with a better looking Euro clone.

Would be nice to see some actually customization though, balancing on Mir is dreadful and it amazes me how ignorant the majority of you are.

Last edited:

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Bunch of bitching bitches !

All your servers suck, I will give Bon the award of imagination though....

Turrican, you said that to make a HR anyone could pick up a set of files and release it with minor changes....Then what the **** is a lowrate???

A lowrate is the EXACT rate of which the game was sourced and built upon....so i see why people are saying a lowrate is easier to make because at the end of the day ...THATS how it was built lol.
You are just agreeing with what i put? lol.

Breezer said:
As for MirChronicles, yeh big woop you guys put a **** load of effort into it and YES its a custom lowrate ...but i dont think people are referring to your server (which i think sucks anyways).

Good game for spending the man hours and coming up with a better looking Euro clone.

Would be nice to see some actually customization though, balancing on Mir is dreadful and it amazes me how ignorant the majority of you are.

We have enough trolls to contend with without you.
Your all talk breezer no substance.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
You are just agreeing with what i put? lol.
We have enough trolls to contend with without you.
Your all talk breezer no substance.

How would you know ? You haven't seen any of my work, just the tip of the iceberg.

It aint a troll , it's fact...and i didnt agree with what you said ...you said that it would be easier to make an HR than a LR, when its clearly obvious that an LR would be an LR as soon as it was downloaded.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
You can make a HR in no time - there are frozen / alpha frozen files floating around / that most people have (which most have used as a base for HR) infact at one point there was so many of these servers coming up, people wanted them banned (which is no different to sticking up a base set of euro files with no work)
You can make a LR in no time - there are euro dbs etc. (which most people use as a base for LR)

i do think there is a gap in the market right now for a good high rate.

Ok, i rephrase

Creating a LR is alot less effort than creating YOUR OWN HR, which isnt just a rip of someone elses work., tho fundementally the time taken for that guy to create HR who's files your using was alot more than the time taken for someone who put up a LR.

(Which, is exactly what a LR is btw...a rip off).

I dont know if you ever heard of my Server Ayndril (granted, it failed miserably but the content was their), but that took 300 Hours+ to create the Envir folder, which i guarentee is 6 x longer than it took you guys to do Mir-chronciles envir folder as 90% of it was all ready their with the release of the files.

What have you done? Added a few maps (1 hour), changed the drops (4-5 hours max going on the amount of bosses/items ingame and the real **** of lazy way you did drops anyway.), and that's it, that's all you guys have done, Spawns ect would of all ready been done in any set of standard files, so you wouldnt of had to worry about them.
The rest of your 365 days worth of work is in the source code.

Your great Server Developers - well i wouldnt say great, as your files are un-usable imo due to the melee pvp issues.

But your ****ing awful Server Creators, i can just imagine your conversation when you was discussing gameplay and what to do

Guys, what shall we do?
Copy the Original Game, and throw in a few Maps?
Yeah Ok, awesome idea...
Aye, were so creative, no-ones ever done that before.
Yeah Boiiii,

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Ok, i rephrase

Creating a LR is alot less effort than creating YOUR OWN HR, which isnt just a rip of someone elses work., tho fundementally the time taken for that guy to create HR who's files your using was alot more than the time taken for someone who put up a LR.

(Which, is exactly what a LR is btw...a rip off).

You said it better than i did , apparently i was agreeing with him...but you got the nail on the head with it ....

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
The Chronicles team have done a great job with their files no doubt about it. That server alone was the reason I got back into Mir after 3 years and I'm sure it was the same for many others.

However, just like a lot of others I quit after that honeymoon period was over because the server is flat out boring. They have very little other than euro content and that is never going to hold anyone with 10 years+ of playing under their belt. Its a euro clone based on a good set of server files and thats it, content wise its dry. If this server had of been put online when the mir scene was in full flight it would of been lucky to see 30 users.

There is definitely a hole in the market for a good server with an experienced team behind it and the hole in the market 110% came from the attention chronicles brought back to Mir, so you have to thank them for that much at least.

Personally I'd love to see what Ben could do with these files if he had his paws on them.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
The Chronicles team have done a great job with their files no doubt about it. That server alone was the reason I got back into Mir after 3 years and I'm sure it was the same for many others.

However, just like a lot of others I quit after that honeymoon period was over because the server is flat out boring. They have very little other than euro content and that is never going to hold anyone with 10 years+ of playing under their belt. Its a euro clone based on a good set of server files and thats it, content wise its dry. If this server had of been put online when the mir scene was in full flight it would of been lucky to see 30 users.

There is definitely a hole in the market for a good server with an experienced team behind it and the hole in the market 110% came from the attention chronicles brought back to Mir, so you have to thank them for that much at least.

Personally I'd love to see what Ben could do with these files if he had his paws on them.

It's not even like theres a spot for a high rate, they just need to come up with new and NON mir guided ideas. The game in general is boring as **** and the only reason people like high rates is because they can skip all the boring **** and pvp near on instantly (not to mention being rewarded epic gear nearly every hunt).

I think what the team needs to do here is get of the high horse they're all trying to fit on and come up with some diverse ideas instead of following and tweaking an old guideline.

Again , the amount of imagination these guys have is less that my little toe...You've got the euro clone down to a tee ...it's time to surpass that stage and do what euro didnt ....and bring in new content , more exciting features ...give players thing to do other than running / walking around like gormless idiots

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
It's not even like theres a spot for a high rate, they just need to come up with new and NON mir guided ideas. The game in general is boring as **** and the only reason people like high rates is because they can skip all the boring **** and pvp near on instantly (not to mention being rewarded epic gear nearly every hunt).

I think what the team needs to do here is get of the high horse they're all trying to fit on and come up with some diverse ideas instead of following and tweaking an old guideline.

Again , the amount of imagination these guys have is less that my little toe...You've got the euro clone down to a tee ...it's time to surpass that stage and do what euro didnt ....and bring in new content , more exciting features ...give players thing to do other than running / walking around like gormless idiots

Yeah no doubt, I agree 100%. A servers rates mean very little to me if the content and features required to hold my attention are there. What DK is trying to do at the minute with his server is something fresh and thats exactly what this game needs.

As far as all this LR HR talk that is going on, the majority of us have all been there and done that 101 times over so realistically it means nothing. However, hypothetically I feel if Chronicles were to release a high rate they would be left with their dicks in hand because as far as I'm concerned they are basically a bunch of noobs that know how to code. They don't have the experience between them to balance and run something that requires the amount attention a true HR server does.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah no doubt, I agree 100%. A servers rates mean very little to me if the content and features required to hold my attention are there. What DK is trying to do at the minute with his server is something fresh and thats exactly what this game needs.

As far as all this LR HR talk that is going on, the majority of us have all been there and done that 101 times over so realistically it means nothing. However, hypothetically I feel if Chronicles were to release a high rate they would be left with their dicks in hand because as far as I'm concerned they are basically a bunch of noobs that know how to code. They don't have the experience between them to balance and run something that requires the amount attention a true HR server does.

EXACTLY! I hate it when people (mainly Chronicle team) say "Oh we might aswell make a completely new game", No...no you don't. You just gotta stop being morons and look at the ****ing game itself as a whole...It's **** , it's balanced terribly and You will NEVER EVER balance it by nerfing / tweaking spells lol.

End of day , Mir needs new stats that give diversity between PvE and Pvp (RESILIENCE , HIT RATING). I know this stuff is done in your spare time , but to save yourselfs the stress of changing something multiple time then why not code in something that will counteract the already named problems ingame???

its really that ****ing simple , i suggest you go play wow , diablo and DK's mir game and take a page from him because atleast he has an imagination.

Don't rely on a 10 year old game plan , do something new you boring tards

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Pretty much agree with everything Wond has said.

Chronicles seems amazing visually, and as Night said the development said of things is very good... but the ingame is lacking from what I've heard.

The c# files that DK is developing sound far more interesting than the standard server of chronicles, and I think if it ever gets released properly, it will hit chronicles pretty hard, especially as everyone will be past that honeymoon stage and looking for something new and exciting.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
The only thing a HR mir server needs is repeatable content to gain stats - levels don't really need to factor in.
If people have things to fight for and interesting ways to build kits, then its just going to be fun - instantly.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
The only thing a HR mir server needs is repeatable content to gain stats - levels don't really need to factor in.
If people have things to fight for and interesting ways to build kits, then its just going to be fun - instantly.

Thats what i tried to do with Ayndril, tho the files atm just wont allow it unfortunatly.

I've been saying it for 4 years +, to save this game people need to stop relying on a 10 year old game-plan and start realising the potential it has, rarther than just copying something that doesnt work, everytime i say this people just think i'm a troll and talking **** lol.

If euro was enjoyable, it would STILL be open.

EXACTLY! I hate it when people (mainly Chronicle team) say "Oh we might aswell make a completely new game", No...no you don't. You just gotta stop being morons and look at the ****ing game itself as a whole...It's **** , it's balanced terribly and You will NEVER EVER balance it by nerfing / tweaking spells lol.

End of day , Mir needs new stats that give diversity between PvE and Pvp (RESILIENCE , HIT RATING). I know this stuff is done in your spare time , but to save yourselfs the stress of changing something multiple time then why not code in something that will counteract the already named problems ingame???

its really that ****ing simple , i suggest you go play wow , diablo and DK's mir game and take a page from him because atleast he has an imagination.

Don't rely on a 10 year old game plan , do something new you boring tards

Ive been saying this for years, and people brand me a moron and a troll...lol

Good Programmers, do not make good Game Designers, Thats why companys hire them as two totally seperate roles.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I'd quite like to make a new server that brings back that old skool feeling.. and this time as its something i'll be doing as a hobby the game wouldnt have to be balanced around a gameshop, would be able to really give it that oldskool feeling.

Problem is I dont have time to do it solo, so would need to be a part of a team... and running a server w/o a coder is just so lame. but doesnt seem like theres any coders interested in mir these days or they are alrdy involved in a project.

Stuff like torozor, weown, AF... they all rocked because there wasnt a gameshop, i feel mir has kinda lost its way a bit and its all about money these days... but a gameshop was always the way for the "causal gamer" to catch up and be on par so its a double edged sword really.

If you done a server w/o a gameshop how do you stop the geeks getting so far ahead of the casual gamers.... its a tuff 1!

Last edited:

blink

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 1, 2014
Had much fun on yr OS server back then. Most enjoyable p server I tried.
You can halt the levellers with a soft cap like chrons has. Level 44-45 you need the same amount of exp as 0-44. You can do newcomer events like the last chrons one. Mobs gave very high exp until player at level 33. You can level cap at 33 until 2/3 server are same level then raise the cap. Am pretty sure you could come up with much more creative notions too.
Be good if you could find a team you trusted. Guessing ti wont happen.