Donations

smoochy boys on tour

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
I know we've talked about this loads in the past but is it now official that donations for items on server is banned and the servers can't advertise?

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
yes

donation for items = corrupt = not allowed

I don't think official servers did that stuff.

mapadale

yes

Well that depended on wether or not, your girlfriend was the GM or not.

But goto say this on the subject, about time it was held up.

Nice 1 lomcn team.....

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
yes

since when is donatin for items considered corruption? if its open to all ppl? lol

many offical games have this system, where the game is free.. but u can pay for 'points' which u can spend on gold/items... how else would games make money/pay for the upkeep of the game when its free?

offical mir just does a monthly fee.

surely its down to the server owners decision lol, as long as its fair to all.

Exodus Syn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2008
UK - Wirral
This is bit silly, loads of the servers on Lomcn have donations for items.....so why are they still allowed to advertise? Supreme, Elite, UNIT....even Avenge is "lomcn approved" and is the worst of them all...

All of their threads need removing if this is the new policy

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
yes

Actually all existing Mir 3 official servers do this now, rumour has it that is why wemade shut down US server because they wanted it to stay p2p.

Does this mean that all form of donations and donation rewards is also banned? Because i've been looking throug the 'approved' mir 3 servers and alot of these have that feature.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
I personaly don't find donating a problem, aslong as things you can purchase are limited so it doesn't allow you to buy your way to the ultimate player.

Purchased items should be a little worse than the end game items which are uber to get.

But what i do believe is, you should only accept donations to server costs, don't think its fair that people claim donations for their time used on the server because quite frankly, their fun to make and it was your choice to make it.

Obviously LOMCN have their own rules, so just go with them.

/Ash

mapadale

I suppose its all in relation to the donate for items and this is what should be banned.

There are servers that use a similair feature that are found widely accross MMO and thats the donations for currency. Which would be Integral on this instance.

These type of servers should be allowed, as its not really scamming people. Where as the donations for items is a scam and a way for servers to make money quickly and easly.

As pointed out as well, there are a lot of servers in the apprved section that use the integral donation option. But you also have one or two that use the Items for doantions. Will these be removed from the approved list and be banned???

Its a fantastic idea and would stop people complaing about them type of servers. As for the last comment on donations for the up keep of the server and not for playing, this is still paying to play the server. As in my eyes the up keep of any server should be that of the server owner and not its players.

COMPAQ12

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2007
donations are fine if the player=customer choses to of free will .
maybe to help with upgrades or bills etc because they are happy or whatever i have np at all with that.
What i dont like to see is a server that sells all best kits rebirths etc to any 1 with paypal ,Because this makes playing the game almost pointless,because as i see it mir is about community ,guilds , hunting , quests and of course pvp the fun is getting the items the right way and building up character througfh hard work and fun.
Not daddys credit card becoz you cant be bothered to work for the respect from others and want it on a plate.
In these servers i cant see the point of doing anything just for a donater to come and grief people because they bought their items and rebirths ,its a real shame when good servers do this :(.
just my views on it

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Well unfortunately this isn't a democracy as we haven't been asked our opinions or anything but as of yet we also still haven't been told the rules so technically these servers are not breaking any rules but are being banned from advertising.

This thread was merely asking what the new rules that are being enforced are and as Mapadale has said this will surely mean the end to a few of the 'approved' servers as well.

As for money for integs and not for items goes i gotta disagree with you there, just because you go through a diffrent route them integs are still used for items or rebirths or skill uogrades or whatever, putting 'each donater will recieve a thank you as a reward for helping the server' is just an excuse to say well we rlly dont do cash for items directly and is the way Mir 3 servers have been run for a long time. Hense 'Donations' and not 'Buying' which im guessing came about because of the copywright law.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
I will take them off if you can prove any server is doing donation for items...

Must be in forms of screenshots (web/forum only, not in-game convo)
Must be current.
Must have something like $10+ for 1 item or $50+ for a kit. (ridiculous amount of $ for items)

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
I will take them off if you can prove any server is doing donation for items...

Must be in forms of screenshots (web/forum only, not in-game convo)
Must be current.
Must have something like $10+ for 1 item or $50+ for a kit. (ridiculous amount of $ for items)
So a 'reward' for donatiing is ok then? Just blatently saying you get such and such item for such and such donation is not?

mapadale

I hate to say this, but yet again. It does appear to be rules that are made up with no real definition to them at all.

Integ = reward = donating

Items = reward = donating

Are both these not the same, seing as pointed out. You are still donating to a server to gain that advantage over others.

Now my argument over this would be, that of how other legal servers are doing things.

Donate = reward = ingame currency = advancement in other areas.

Yes most MMO now do this and offer ingame currency to get yourself ahead or give you that starting point, that someone else wouldn't normally get.

The whole donating for items is a scam and always has been, especially since the birth of 3.55 and uncapped stats. Low rate server have always used donations and as a reward you get integral for this. Some would see this as being just as bad as the items for donations.

But as I've pointed out and I'm going to continue to point out. Rules need definition to them and not just "this is the rule live with it". Cause as I've pointed out there are at least 2 servers in the approved list that use donations for items.

One of which is Avenge. Now the server does not need to state that its X amount of cash for X Item, cause this can be got around and hidden. Also it shouldn't be down to the player to enforce this rule ether, you mods and admins should enforce this rule and decide for yourselfs which servers are doing this.

You've created the rules, so you should be the ones going onto every server that is ether advertised or will be released and spend that couple of month playing and waiting for the donations for items to pop up. Its your rules so chase the servers down, cause asking us to do it. Will only lead to trouble and cause problems.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
So a 'reward' for donatiing is ok then? Just blatently saying you get such and such item for such and such donation is not?

what are we talking here? donations for item right?

if integral can be traded for items, then yes my words will also apply. As long as you can prove someone need to donate a lot for some items.

Last edited:

mapadale

if integral can be traded for items, then yes my words will also apply. As long as you can prove someone need to donate a lot for some items.
Then that means that every server that is in the approved list, need to be removed.

Cause they all use, integral as a reward for donations and guess what. You can trade integ for items ingame.

The rule needs definition

Other wise no one is going to be using LOMCN any more for advertising.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
Then that means that every server that is in the approved list, need to be removed.

Cause they all use, integral as a reward for donations and guess what. You can trade integ for items ingame.

The rule needs definition

Other wise no one is going to be using LOMCN any more for advertising.

"need to be removed" = where is the proof?

You and your "The rule needs definition". You must stop challenging me here. I will update the rules. There is a rule about scamming and I'll extend it to MIR3 ad rule.

"LOMCN DOES NOT WANT users which participate in DoSing/cheating/scamming or otherwise disrupting any on-line server/user in any shape of form."

And your last statement: I think you are telling advertisers not to advertise.

mapadale

"need to be removed" = where is the proof?

You and your "The rule needs definition". You must stop challenging me here. I will update the rules. There is a rule about scamming and I'll extend it to MIR3 ad rule.

"LOMCN DOES NOT WANT users which participate in DoSing/cheating/scamming or otherwise disrupting any on-line server/user in any shape of form."

And your last statement: I think you are telling advertisers not to advertise.
Oh you want proof, here's your proof. To which as pointed out, shouldn't be down to the player to obtain.

Xtreme:

If you wish to contribute to the workings of this server you may. All donations are greatly appreciated.

As a thank from us back to you for your donations, we have setup a reward scheme for those that do donate:

Reward Scheme for Xtreme Donaters (per donation not cumalitive)
upto
£9.99 = integral (£1 - 1000Int)
£10-£19.99 = integralx2 (£1 - 2000Int) + 5 RageStone's.
£20-£29.99 = integralx2 (£1 - 2000Int) + 10 RageStone's
£30-£39.99 = integralx3 (£1 - 3000Int) + 15 RageStone's + 1x RageScroll
£40-£49.99 = integralx3 (£1 - 3000Int) + 20 RageStone's + 1x RageScroll
£50-£59.99 = integralx3 (£1 - 3000Int) + 25 RageStone's + 1x RageScroll
£60-£69.99 = integralx4 (£1 - 4000Int) + 30 RageStone's + 2x RageScroll + 1x GiftBox
£70-£79.99 = integralx4 (£1 - 4000Int) + 35 RageStone's + 2x RageScroll + 2x GiftBox
£80-£89.99 = integralx4 (£1 - 4000Int) + 40 RageStone's + 2x RageScroll + 3x GiftBox
£90-£99.99 = integralx4 (£1 - 4000Int) + 45 RageStone's + 3x RageScroll + 4x GiftBox
£100+ = integralx4 (£1 - 4000Int) + 50 RageStone's + 5x RageScroll + 5x GiftBox

PLEASE NOTE: This is not the only way to recieve this ingame currency it can be found in nightmare world (lv 40+), Quests and Mini-Games. Its just our way of saying thanks to those that show us support.

Avenge:

http://avengemir3.servegame.org/Mir3/Donate.php

You want anymore, or is that enough prrof for you. An idiot can work out that with integral you can buy items with.

As for the rule definition, I'm going to stick on the subject for the simple reason. Thats 2 servers that need to now be removed for a rule that has no definition and only your word matters.

And no in my last statement, its stating that this silly rule. that so far from the evidence i've supplied now should have 2 servers removed. I'm stating a fact that it will stop people, cause people will be to scared to break rules that are a joke.

As pointed out "Definition is required with rules, especially with this one.

Kaori, I'm not digging at you at all and I don't want you to think that I am. Its just that sometimes with rules it can be confuzing to as what context they should be used in and what for. I whole heartdly agree with 90% of the rules that are here, including your own. It's just with some, there is that potential for confusion.

Last edited:

KingOfKings

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 18, 2008
Only server that really caused a probelm with donation was when i donated £75 to RNDpro2 and he closed server down after 3 days lol
Alot of other people lost money too

A few Server advertisements were closed/locked but a blind eye to other servers i mean you dont really need proof u just work off common sense or Just go ingame and see for yourself lol, You cant have one rule for one server, and a completely different rule for another
I have donated highly to lots of servers in the past, i think donation servers are fine as long as they provide the uptime

Last edited:

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK

OK i think i understand now. So you don't mind the odd fiver or tenner but its like 30's 40's 50's etc etc? Seems more than reasonable to me.

And wow Mapadale i looked at several servers to try and see something similar to 1 of the servers that had been banned and couldnt find anything but man thats near identical to all of the servers lol!

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Personally I think if people want to donate it's upto them but "adapting" the game in any way to make it "almost" necessary to donate in order to progress is a blatent attempt by the server owners to make money....

I go back to an old statement - if you can't afford to run it financially on your own, don't put it up!!

Personally I don't give anything for donations, I have received them and I've been running the server since April 2007 and you absolutely can get everything ongame without donations. :)