Driver issues with old mir 3 EI

smoochy boys on tour

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
myself and various other ppl who play kaorimir are having driver problems. random game closures and such. im wondering if theres a fix for it.

ive been searching for drivers for quite awhile now and i have come across a set that dont crash mir as much. but the crashes do still happen.

im sure most are thinking "why not just play the newer versions of mir?" or maybe "get the server your playing updated" well i prefer EI. secondly me and other players would have to start all over again which we dont want to do as we have made some very nice items and dont wish to lose them.

anyways, ive been to various forums and such getting info on the drivers so i can find the problem aswell as fixing it. im posting here incase its more game related than driver related.

so any help on this matter would really be appreciated

thanks.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Be helpful if we knew what graphics card you used

I remember when EI was first released wemade had drivers listed on the site but they'd be long gone

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
im using a xfx 6800 xt pci-e card was ment to mention it in last post but forgot :P

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
would anyone know of a way to find error reports for mir. perhaps ways of finding a cause as to why the the game crashes? i heard debugging was an option but dont know much about it.

anyone help me there?

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
im not getting any error reports. none at all. anything else i can try?

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson

drwtsn32.log

if you don't see this file, you probably didn't enable this thingy.

KK87

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 26, 2006
1. Got latest nvidia driver?
2. Using full screen mode?
3. If windowed have you got the video patch fix?

These sometimes resolves my issues on my 5 computers...

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
1. Got latest nvidia driver?
2. Using full screen mode?
3. If windowed have you got the video patch fix?

These sometimes resolves my issues on my 5 computers...

1. no, im using DHzero point 84.66 drivers, latest drivers suck.
2. you cant play mir windowed, not the old one anyways as far as i know
3. .....

i play the game. my mouse suddenly vanishes then im back to desktop. i just wanted to know if its more driver related or the exe not adapting to the newer drivers. i get no error reports.

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Hello,i have an nvidia gf in pci-e,and these problems i solved using this driver.

"81.85_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql.exe"

I hope serves to you. :)

Soz 4 my english im learning :D

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
Hello,i have an nvidia gf in pci-e,and these problems i solved using this driver.

"81.85_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql.exe"

I hope serves to you. :)

Soz 4 my english im learning :D

and you tested these drivers on EI? the msrf 2.9 server files?

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
were you able to run around WW and hunt places with out the EI client closing? i mostly had trouble around the TT spot in WW its around that area where most ppl crash. JOB and 3g i have no problems with. just the EI client

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
mmm, the msrf 2.9 have two clients, one for one type of graf tarj.,but these files i have lost a time ago,msrf 2.9 are more Crap and older,its more dificult found an client or exe works good with msrf 2.9 version.

Test to setting up the JoB,"for example",its not more dificult,today in internet have more guides to setting up this version in "aprox" 30 minuts.

Soz for my english,im learning lol :D

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
im currently undergoing some updates with kaori now but its best to be prepared incase the worst happens...one being able to play the old mir EI client with the newer drivers and latest cards.

i have found a set of nvidia drivers that dont make me crash as much but they do still happen. the drivers im using are DHzeropoint 84.66 forceware drivers.