Drop File Editor

smoochy boys on tour

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I have a need to mass add/remove/increase/decrease items in the drop files... so I have made a utility that will do it for me. I have not been able to find one anywhere..

You can pretty much see what it does from the screeny.. Any other ideas for it?

I will stick it on here once its complete.. its nothing you can't do with excel and vba, but even if it saves you 10 mins..

untitled.JPG

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Listing what is Not Dropped
Some sort of Sort of the Items so you can list in that Area Items not on any mob yet (this sounds complicated), so easier to then go through and add new stuff etc..

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
You mean sort all by dropped item? So it displays what drops which item? If it's in excel that should be an easy thing to do :)

How about a way to tack on a bit of script to run when the mob dies.

Nice job Mick, best thing of course is it can check spelling :agree:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
A complete list of items is one thing, if they all drop is another.

What I was meaning if at all possible is to cross check a database / xls or whatever from drop to Items and thus end off with a list of itmes which are not in the drops files. I could then click the said item, CTRL + Click various mobs i want it to be on - click go and it magicly Updates the drop files - job done..

username

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2005
Add a few "exclude mobs" options by mob name or category (boss, sub boss and normal mobs). And "search item" option where it would list all the mobs that drop the specific item

acole83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2004
have you made this prog yet btw or it in the makeing just it looks like a very handy tool and i dont see a link

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Its ready to rumble, just need to error checking in, and at the moment it only works with tab delimited files, so I need to add in a space delimited option as well. Work is hectic last 2 weeks with new production line going in, so I will get back onto it hopefully next week.

Options completed so far

Load Drop File
Save Drop File
Show All Items (from text doc)
Drag and Drop items from list
Multi Add Items to drop file (Simply select which mobs to work with)
Multi Delete Items from drop file (Simply select which mobs to work with)
Exclusion of Items (or can use the lists to exclude multiple items)
Multi Double/Halve drop rates (Simply select which mobs to work with)

Find an Item - Will locate all mobs that contain that item.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
My Suggestion is not implemented as well as I hoped. To explain, I have an Itemlist.txt with all my items and using this program I would have to click each item to see if it came back with anything - It would be quicker as you understand searching by hand.

I was kinda of hoping for a Compare util in a way then to show me a final list of items that dont drop of any mob and from this I can add to various mobs as required..

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
The only reason I didn't add it was because the list would be quite large.. and would take bloody ages, it would have to search every item through every drop file. But even that with 1000+ items, the search would last a fair while. Its nothing I cannot do though.. I will have a look tomorrow when I am back in work.

darc

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
The only reason I didn't add it was because the list would be quite large.. and would take bloody ages, it would have to search every item through every drop file. But even that with 1000+ items, the search would last a fair while. Its nothing I cannot do though.. I will have a look tomorrow when I am back in work.

not with the right algorithm m8 :)

best one would be to parse the items as you say one by one. but as soon as you find the match for an item, move to the next.

or more efficiently but more complicated, order all the items into 2 lists, those that are in the drop files, and those that are in the db. Then do a cross reference, system printing out the ones which arent matched. This process should take less than 30secs runtime even with 2000+ items :D

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Do not worry to much about it, The way I used to do it was bascially search that Dir (drop files) per item, if it came up then something drops it, I then marked up my XLS Sheet in colour to signifiy that. Over time though as people add new stuff, they also add the items to drops, so my request is really not needed in a way.

Not too sure about the lack of Buttons on the I/face for close etc, maybe I can send you an E-Book on User Interfaces - lol...

I have seen many programs from the Chinese which try to save some time but I always personally ended off doing it the Manual way as this tends to be quicker - good on ya though for taking the time to code this.

A Few Suggestions on the mechanics:
Maybe it could read direct from the Database (MSSQL) the Items list, the Monster list etc and put that into its own Database (access maybe??), then cross-referencing what does not drop etc would be a Lot faster...

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
not with the right algorithm m8 :)

best one would be to parse the items as you say one by one. but as soon as you find the match for an item, move to the next.

or more efficiently but more complicated, order all the items into 2 lists, those that are in the drop files, and those that are in the db. Then do a cross reference, system printing out the ones which arent matched. This process should take less than 30secs runtime even with 2000+ items :D

First comment, yup, only way to do it sensibly.

2nd comment, to get the list of items in the drop files would still require you to run the same script as above. Getting the list from the database would not be a problem (once I figured out how to do it, never messed with SQL using VB6 before).

Do not worry to much about it, The way I used to do it was bascially search that Dir (drop files) per item, if it came up then something drops it, I then marked up my XLS Sheet in colour to signifiy that. Over time though as people add new stuff, they also add the items to drops, so my request is really not needed in a way.

Not too sure about the lack of Buttons on the I/face for close etc, maybe I can send you an E-Book on User Interfaces - lol...
I added buttons for all the stuff originally, but tbh it looked cluttered and amateurish (even more so than now :P)
I have seen many programs from the Chinese which try to save some time but I always personally ended off doing it the Manual way as this tends to be quicker - good on ya though for taking the time to code this.
The only thing I think takes longer is added multiple items to only a couple of mobs.

A Few Suggestions on the mechanics:
Maybe it could read direct from the Database (MSSQL) the Items list, the Monster list etc and put that into its own Database (access maybe??), then cross-referencing what does not drop etc would be a Lot faster...
Same as comment to darc, SQL would be easier as you will guarentee getting ALL of the items in the db, but I can't see it being any quicker as it still have to go through every one, and in this respect it only has to look at one text file to get the items, which is the same as looking at 1 datasheet.

Anyway.. thanks for the comments :) Much appreciated.