Duplicate ID's

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
What are you talking about? Only case of this i've seen was when i ran my woool server which was built off the 1.9 files. You could make multiple accounts by just changing the case of the ID.. example nick, Nick, nIck.. would all create different accounts.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Well since im on the mir section im talking about mir.
And when I say duplicate ID's I mean duplicate IDs with pre 1900 creation dates so they index before the others, causing confusion and a superior password.

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
lol and you clearly didn't read my post? I mentioned built off the 1.9 files because they are the same? Then again your running 1.4 aren't you? no idea sorry. :(

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Scorp uses 1.9.

Perhaps you can tell us a little more scorp... for example what Nick said, are the cases of the IDs different at all? Have you managed to recreate the problem yourself?

/Leo

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
I didn't understand it much myself.. I think he means that the accounts that were made have a creation date earlier then 1900s? Then another guy comes along and makes a new account with same ID and it allows it which actually gives him access to the older accounts characters.

Am I correct?:P

-Raz0rfang-

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 30, 2006
Banned
I think, he just means using the same ID as someone else. but suppose they use the same pass as someone else, pretty 10% chance they will, but what would happen lol :tongue1:

crispwarez

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 9, 2003
i think he means if say for example he uses the id Gamemaster69 and pass as "lemming"

some1 makes an account with the same id with a creation date of b4 1900 (i dunno how the **** they would do that)
but they set the pass as "haxor" they would be able to access his gm account using there pass

atleast that what he looks like he is saying

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Asfaia login server creates all the ids as lowercase anyway nothing to do with that,
The idx lists all the ids in alpha order, with what it seems creation data as the second order of listing.
If you were to create a duplicate id with an earlier creation date then it would auto be default id details, pass etc. The old id would be inert and just be added fat on the database.
Since the char database is linked only by the ID then it causes a problem. Just like the program that fooled the char database into thinking you were on that ID, if you knew someones ID you could create it and be the new owner of the characters.

And no I havnt recreated it but its a little worrying finding two IDs that are identical

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
Well scoprian it seems like it isn't possible to do that. I've tried couple things. If theres a way to do it theres only a matter of time before its out in the open. If not it was just a 1 in a million. :P

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
how can you change a creation date though? im a bit confused as to who could make their creation date earlier then someone elses.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
NickAKAVexus said:
Well scoprian it seems like it isn't possible to do that. I've tried couple things. If theres a way to do it theres only a matter of time before its out in the open. If not it was just a 1 in a million. :P

If it was one then yes maybe..and obviously it isnt going to work without some sort of modded client.

And rob if the creation date is all that confuses you, im guessing you know how they can dupe the ID..?

duckanddive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 11, 2006
Scorpian, just wondering, do you actually use a mix of 1.4 files with the 1.9 m2.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
@ scorpion yes ive seen it before but know im not sure how they dup ids. Im suggesting that two people who have no correlation to eachother accidently make, the same account.

For example:

John makes an account with the username LOMCN and password Gimp

Now Dave joins a year later and makes and is adicted to LOMCN so uses that as his username and likes foot fetishes so uses Gimperton as his password thus overwriting the other username.

The only problem with that theory is that it doesnt allow previous accoutn names to be created.