duz this guide work?

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
i also tried makin a private server today...

using the guide from http://www.fernys.co.uk

i followed the whole guide, cheked it twice and it dont work, heres the guide if u cba 2 goto site:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
©2002 - TheLostOneThis contains a guide on how to setup the server files.PLZ NOTE: This will only let the game run on the host comp (the comp which is running the server). To let others connectyou need to set-up and ftp client which I will write in another README.1) Extract files to C:\mirserver\2) Go into the C:\mirserver folder then into the 'gamelog' folder, then into 'logdatasrv' folder.3) Open 'logdata.ini'It'll look like this---------------------------------------------------------------------------[setup]basedir=D:\korea\gamelog\LogDataSrv\Logbase\---------------------------------------------------------------------------change it to:---------------------------------------------------------------------------[setup]basedir=C:\mirserver\gamelog\LogDataSrv\Logbase\---------------------------------------------------------------------------4) Go back into the C:\mirserver folder and then into the 'mud2' folder, and open the 'DBSrv200' folder.5) Open 'dbsrc.ini'It'll look like this:---------------------------------------------------------------------------[Setup]ServerName=ktestPort=6000MapFile=C:\mirserv\Mir200\Envir\MapInfo.txt[Server];Login Server's private ipIDSAddr = 127.0.0.1IDSPort = 5600[DB]dir=D:\korea\mud2\DBsrv200\FDB\IdDir=D:\korea\mud2\DBsrv200\FDB\HumDir=D:\korea\mud2\DBsrv200\FDB\FeeDir=D:\korea\mud2\DBsrv200\FDB\Backup=D:\korea\mud2\DBsrv200\Backup\connectDir=D:\korea\mud2\DBsrv200\Connection\LogDir=D:\korea\mud2\DBsrv200\Log\----------------------------------------------------------------------------Change to:----------------------------------------------------------------------------[Setup]ServerName=ktestPort=6000MapFile=C:\mirserver\Mir200\Envir\MapInfo.txt[Server];Login Server's private ipIDSAddr = 127.0.0.1IDSPort = 5600[DB]dir=C:\mirserver\mud2\DBsrv200\FDB\IdDir=C:\mirserver\mud2\DBsrv200\FDB\HumDir=C:\mirserver\mud2\DBsrv200\FDB\FeeDir=C:\mirserver\mud2\DBsrv200\FDB\Backup=C:\mirserver\mud2\DBsrv200\Backup\connectDir=C:\mirserver\mud2\DBsrv200\Connection\LogDir=C:\mirserver\mud2\DBsrv200\Log\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------6) Go back into C:\mirserver\mud2\ and open the 'Logsrv' folder.7) Open the 'Logsrv.ini' file.It'll look like this:------------------------------------------------------------------------------[server]DBServer=127.0.0.1DBSPort=16300FeePort=16301LogPort=16302ReadyServers=0EnableMakingID=TRUEEnableTrial=FALSECountLogDir=D:\korea\mud2\Logsrv\CountLog\WebLogDir=D:\korea\Share\GameWFolder\FeedIDList=D:\korea\Share\Feed\FeedIDList.txtFeedIPList=D:\korea\Share\Feed\FeedIPList.txt[DB]IdDir='.\IDDB\'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Change to:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------[server]DBServer=127.0.0.1DBSPort=16300FeePort=16301LogPort=16302ReadyServers=0EnableMakingID=TRUEEnableTrial=FALSECountLogDir=C:\mirserver\mud2\Logsrv\CountLog\WebLogDir=C:\mirserver\Share\GameWFolder\FeedIDList=C:\mirserver\Share\Feed\FeedIDList.txtFeedIPList=C:\mirserver\Share\Feed\FeedIPList.txt[DB]IdDir='.\IDDB\'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------8) Go back into the C:\mirserver folder and open the 'Mir200' folder.9) Open !setup.txtIt'll look like this:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Server]ServerIndex=0ServerName=ktestServerNumber=0VentureServer=FALSETestServer=TRUETestLevel=7TestGold=0TestServerUserLimit=5000ServiceMode=FALSENonPKServer=FALSEDBAddr=127.0.0.1DBPort=6000IDSAddr=127.0.0.1IDSPort=5600MsgSrvAddr=127.0.0.1MsgSrvPort=4900HumLimit=30MonLimit=30ZenLimit=30NpcLimit=5SocLimit=30DecLimit=10UserFull=500ZenFastStep=300SendBlock=1000CheckBlock=8000AvailableBlock=50GateLoad=0LogServerAddr=127.0.0.1LogServerPort=10000ViewHackMessage=TRUEViewAdmissionFailure=TRUE;HalfFeeStart=2;HalfFeeEnd=10[Share]BaseDir=D:\korea\Mir200\Share\GuildDir=D:\korea\Mir200\GuildBase\Guilds\GuildFile=D:\korea\Mir200\GuildBase\Guildlist.txtVentureDir=D:\korea\Mir200\ShareV\ConLogDir=D:\korea\Mir200\ConLog\CastleDir=D:\korea\Mir200\Envir\Castle\EnvirDir=D:\korea\Mir200\Envir\MapDir=D:\korea\Mir200\Map\[Setup]ClientFile1=mir.datClientFile2=ClientFile3=ItemNumber=1964471325HomeMap=0HomeX=289HomeY=618[Names]ClothsMan='BaseDress(M)'ClothsWoman='BaseDress(F)' WoodenSword='WoodenSword'Candle='Candle'BasicDrug='(HP)DrugSmall'GoldStone='GoldOre'SilverStone='SilverOre'SteelStone='IronOre'CopperStone='Copp'BlackStone='BlackOre'Zuma1='ZumaGuardian'Zuma2='ZumaStatue'Zuma3='ZumaArcher'Zuma4='WedgeMoth'Bee='BugBat'Spider='Larva'WomaHorn='WoomaHorn'ZumaPiece='ZumaRelic'----------------------------------------------------------------------------Change to:----------------------------------------------------------------------------[Server]ServerIndex=0ServerName=ktestServerNumber=0VentureServer=FALSETestServer=TRUETestLevel=7TestGold=0TestServerUserLimit=5000ServiceMode=FALSENonPKServer=FALSEDBAddr=127.0.0.1DBPort=6000IDSAddr=127.0.0.1IDSPort=5600MsgSrvAddr=127.0.0.1MsgSrvPort=4900HumLimit=30MonLimit=30ZenLimit=30NpcLimit=5SocLimit=30DecLimit=10UserFull=500ZenFastStep=300SendBlock=1000CheckBlock=8000AvailableBlock=50GateLoad=0LogServerAddr=127.0.0.1LogServerPort=10000ViewHackMessage=TRUEViewAdmissionFailure=TRUE;HalfFeeStart=2;HalfFeeEnd=10[Share]BaseDir=C:\mirserver\Mir200\Share\GuildDir=C:\mirserver\Mir200\GuildBase\Guilds\GuildFile=C:\mirserver\Mir200\GuildBase\Guildlist.txtVentureDir=C:\mirserver\Mir200\ShareV\ConLogDir=C:\mirserver\Mir200\ConLog\CastleDir=C:\mirserver\Mir200\Envir\Castle\EnvirDir=C:\mirserver\Mir200\Envir\MapDir=C:\mirserver\Mir200\Map\[Setup]ClientFile1=mir.datClientFile2=ClientFile3=ItemNumber=1964471325HomeMap=0HomeX=289HomeY=618[Names]ClothsMan='BaseDress(M)'ClothsWoman='BaseDress(F)' WoodenSword='WoodenSword'Candle='Candle'BasicDrug='(HP)DrugSmall'GoldStone='GoldOre'SilverStone='SilverOre'SteelStone='IronOre'CopperStone='Copp'BlackStone='BlackOre'Zuma1='ZumaGuardian'Zuma2='ZumaStatue'Zuma3='ZumaArcher'Zuma4='WedgeMoth'Bee='BugBat'Spider='Larva'WomaHorn='WoomaHorn'ZumaPiece='ZumaRelic'--------------------------------------------------------------------------You can also change:TestLevel=7TestGold=0and put your own values where '7' and '0' are, as for the level you start at, and gold you start with.10) Go back into C:\mirserver and open the 'client' folder.11) Open the 'client.zip' file and extract (unzip) 'ONLY' mir.exe, ftp.ini, mir.ini andmirsetup.ini into your C:\program files\WEMADE Entertainment\Legend of Mir folder.Also, go to C:\mirserver then open the 'Mir200' folder and then open the 'Envir' folderthen open the adminlist.txt file.on a line, write*yourcharnameyourcharname= the name of the character you want to be a GM.The * states they are a GM with full GM powers.12) Install DBCommander 2000 Pro (if you haven't already installed it).13) Open your control panel in Start > Settings > Control Panel.14) Open 'BDE Administrator'. Then, click 'Object', 'New'.15) A box will pop-up with a drop-down selection box. From that box select STANDARD, and clickOK.16) In the left-panel you'll see a new file appear called 'standard1', rename this to HeroDBIn the right panel, it'll look like this.Type STANDARDDEFAULT DRIVER PARADOXENABLE BCD FALSEPATH Change to:Type STANDARDDEFAULT DRIVER PARADOXENABLE BCD FALSEPATH C:\mirserver\mud2\DB17) in the left-panel right click the HeroDB file and click 'apply'.18) Close BDE Administrator. 19) Go to C:\mirserver and open the 'gamelog' folder, then 'logdatasrv' folder, and run LogDataServer.exe20) Go to C:\mirserver open the 'gate_server' folder, then open the 'LoginGate' folder thenrun 'Logingate.exe'.Go back one folder and open the 'RunGate' folder, and run 'RunGate.exe'.Go back one folder and open the 'SelChrGate' folder, and then run 'Gate30.exe'.21) Go back to C:\mirserver folder and open the 'mud2' folder. Then open the 'DBSrv200' folderand run 'DBServer.exe'.Go back one folder and open the 'Logsrv' folder. Then run 'LoginSrv.exe'.22) Go back to C:\mirserver and open the 'Mir200' folder. Then Run M2Server.exe23) Now open the Legend of Mir game, and it should work!!24) Make an ID and then for your character name it to the name you put in the admin list, previously. (do not put the * in your characters name of course)25) Once in game type: @gamemaster and you will be a GM!further GM commands can be found in C:\mirserver open 'Documents' folder and open commands.txtNaughty boy OllieD you took the commands from there ^_^ .There we have it! they should work perfectly, also keep checking forums and ill put a guideto let other ppl join ur server.Guide written by: TheLostOne on http://www.mkanetwork.co.uk/~ollied/Forums/Obtained from http://www.lalacorphq.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/serverfilesREADME.txt+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the bit that goes wrong:

well, i make the server, and open the login gates and all that crap,
double clik on the mir client i extracted,
and it givs me all these errors,

then wen i clik on OK about 50/60 times,
screen stays black......

wot shud i do?

Apoc.

EDIT: the guide i copy / pasted didnt come out right, just clik on this " http://www.fernys.co.uk " >downloads > legend of mir> the second clik here button.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Did you extract the mir.exe on your desktop??? If so, that is your problem. You need to extract it to your client folder (not server files either). OR you aint connected to the internet and the server files and also the client connects via internet not locally. That is usually where the "50-60 errors come up".

Upvote 0

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
no,

i didnt extract it 2 my desktop,
i extracted it on my client folder like u sed,
i extracted the .ini's like it sd, and mir.exe like it sed,

i clik on mir.exe
and i get the errors.......

Apoc.

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
apocolips said:
no,

i didnt extract it 2 my desktop,
i extracted it on my client folder like u sed,
i extracted the .ini's like it sd, and mir.exe like it sed,

i clik on mir.exe
and i get the errors.......

Apoc.
Are you connected to the internet when running the exe?

Upvote 0