Dynamic ip ....?

smoochy boys on tour

dragonfire

Unregistered User
Dedicated Member
Feb 15, 2004
Germany
hi guys,

i have an dynamic ip adress and i need to send everytime my ip to my m8 and thats sux :( any way to get runing the server with NO-IP (domain...)?
it wouldn be great if some1 can help me out!

thx in advance

ca df

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Use an application (A Special one for your server). This will goto your no-ip.com site, and download a .txt file's info and updates the IP of the server. Pretty simple - and easy imo ^^.

-Neo

Pyraine

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
yeh, it may update it, but it doesn't keep it the same, I can update it manually no probs, but if I could stop it from changing, it would be BLISS

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
keeping it the same is pretty easy, if you know how. I'm on BT Broadband and my IP changes every hour I'm offline. So, I have to be disconnected at least an hour before it changes.
Keeping it the same: Leave your PC connected 24/7 - or as much as you can.
Make sure you got good fans, well cleaned, and good room at the back to let the air in and out. This simply cools it while its on all the hours.
My IP aint changed since 12th of February :)

-Neo

Pyraine

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
I pretty much do that, I'm on BT Broadband also, but there are the rare occasions my parents turn the pc off (they don't know what a pc is) while I'm at school and stuff like that

XScorpionX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 20, 2003
United States, New York
:D, my pc stays on for 24/7 ...my dad sed its better then leaving pc off cuz the fan will protect the pc from getting dirty :p . I use cable so I don't get d/c anymore..too bad I can't host cuz of gay router and need much more RAM lol.