Eden's Elite [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
is this in regards to the server just crashing now?

Yes, We are getting ready to run new exe's with the updated fix's.,

---------- Post Merged at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Servers are back online.

Code side.
-Tm fixed for selling gold/gg - Books now go in rite spots in tm.
-Hero's poison kill will now share exp.
-Adjusted to how tao hero picks when to use poison.
-Shift+1 wont use pots anymore.
-New pot regen system, will be testing.
-All Gem stats now work on heros.
-Rme Ai fixed.
-Fixed reported crashes.

Server Side.
-Fixed Ca armour stats.
-Fixed AWT drops
-Shin adjusted Acc/Dc.
-Adjusted Fox Cave spawns.
-Fixed PB crossbowomas and winged omas move and attack too fast.
-Fixed Frosttiger,RedThunderZuma,CrystalSpider has no glow.
-Adjusted Lightning does poor damage compared to how it usually is,even firebang hits harder, and its one of our key leveling spells.
-Adjusted HellCave mob stats.
-Added a sell price to awakening stuff, for the junk man.
-HealingCircle released for taos.
-Hemorrhage level reduced to plan for later on skills.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Yes, We are getting ready to run new exe's with the updated fix's.,

---------- Post Merged at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Servers are back online.

Code side.
-Tm fixed for selling gold/gg - Books now go in rite spots in tm.
-Hero's poison kill will now share exp.
-Adjusted to how tao hero picks when to use poison.
-Shift+1 wont use pots anymore.
-New pot regen system, will be testing.
-All Gem stats now work on heros.
-Rme Ai fixed.
-Fixed reported crashes.

Server Side.
-Fixed Ca armour stats.
-Fixed AWT drops
-Shin adjusted Acc/Dc.
-Adjusted Fox Cave spawns.
-Fixed PB crossbowomas and winged omas move and attack too fast.
-Fixed Frosttiger,RedThunderZuma,CrystalSpider has no glow.
-Adjusted Lightning does poor damage compared to how it usually is,even firebang hits harder, and its one of our key leveling spells.
-Adjusted HellCave mob stats.
-Added a sell price to awakening stuff, for the junk man.
-HealingCircle released for taos.
-Hemorrhage level reduced to plan for later on skills.

wrong version, patcher isn't downloading new exe.

never mind sorted.

jordyb1991

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 13, 2017
not being funny but if you just put server down to put new patcher/exe in maybe you should of said to people in global that you are rebooting in 5 or 10 mins i was in a middle of a hunt and i have medals and kit that can break not being funny but if my kits brokenand my medal is broke its lvl 10 i will be quitting but if this was not you then i say sorry

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
not being funny but if you just put server down to put new patcher/exe in maybe you should of said to people in global that you are rebooting in 5 or 10 mins i was in a middle of a hunt and i have medals and kit that can break not being funny but if my kits brokenand my medal is broke its lvl 10 i will be quitting but if this was not you then i say sorry

What did the server say when it closed? Didnt it day "Server Crashed" , if i put the server down it would have said server is now closing. I could have stayed in bed and not got up to fix it. Thanks for the kind words

Code:
[01/09/2017 10:37:03]: Void Process() - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.MirNetwork.MirConnection.Process()
   at Server.MirEnvir.Envir.WorkLoop()
[01/09/2017 10:37:03]: yuri87 Has logged out. Reason: Server crashed
[01/09/2017 10:37:03]: Icey Has logged out. Reason: Server crashed
[01/09/2017 10:37:03]: Moha Has logged out. Reason: Server crashed

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
What did the server say when it closed? Didnt it day "Server Crashed" , if i put the server down it would have said server is now closing. I could have stayed in bed and not got up to fix it. Thanks for the kind words

Code:
[01/09/2017 10:37:03]: Void Process() - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.MirNetwork.MirConnection.Process()
   at Server.MirEnvir.Envir.WorkLoop()
[01/09/2017 10:37:03]: yuri87 Has logged out. Reason: Server crashed
[01/09/2017 10:37:03]: Icey Has logged out. Reason: Server crashed
[01/09/2017 10:37:03]: Moha Has logged out. Reason: Server crashed

To clarify his comment here, as it's about as clear as a Summers Day (whilst looking through 4 inches of lead)... He didn't close the server, it crashed and he applied fixes after crash I guess. I think?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
All was applied as i waited for the tested exes. Didnt think it it was a problem adding updates while it was down. I guess next i will wait for a planned reboot.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I don't think he cares that you updated. I think his point was that he (wrongly) thought you had shut the server down for the reboots without giving warning.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
is this server worth playing?

I'm sure some people will disagree, however, while there is nothing inherently wrong with the server overall, i feel like the game shop has ruined what could have been a nice server.

Call it personal preference or whatever you like, my view has always been that paying for convenience is fine, just as long as there was a reasonable alternative way to get the same things. Yes servers cost money, but people, myself included, will always pay for convenience.

Two main issues stand out here. Firstly some items are only available for game gold. Second, the fact that even the revised conversion rates of gold>GG are still way off. Clearly evident by the fact people are reselling GG in-game for 25/50% of your own conversion rates, this only serves to ruin any economy that may exist. The fact you can open TM and buy a full gear set including weapon for ($2) the price you set for a 1h exp scroll is just silly.

If your not interested in being competitive then this wont effect you much, tho slugging out that low rate exp when you know others are doing it 50% faster for a few $ a day, well...

Games need a balanced economy to survive, that is no secret. The other systems work quite well in keeping the wheels turning, dura loss etc, most people cave into the special repair ideal, which just floods the server and destroys the economy. However, this is in the end predicated on gold, of which as we already established is currently flawed. (for clarity sake ill spell it out, people are gaining huge amounts of gold selling GG because your prices are not realistic in regards to the actual time needed to obtain it)

Reactions: StormHero

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
I personally feel exp pots should be around 25% cheaper than what they are for ingame gold, GG i have no issue paying £10 for a 24h exp scroll , but they should cost around 2m in game.

Gold is easy to make in game, i have around 5/6m , having spent a lot recently as well , as a tao i can do 500k an hour in mineral mines, thats without filling my heros bag aswell. Exp pots should be cheaper

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I'm not going to dig into those numbers, tho for the record for a 24h scroll (1000GG / 10m gold) to be 2m gold it would need to be an 80% reduction. It would also need to actually be available for gold, and not just GG.

Saying gold is easy to make is completely subjective, and reliant in terms of looking at the current exchange rate. Your 500k/h is nothing more than 0.50c/h at the current rates. 6m gold, or 12hours of gold farming, is worth a $6 donation. This is my point, it is not a reasonable exchange, $6 is nothing. The premise of donating $6 or farming for 12h being labeled as having equal worth is the problem, not the action itself.

This aside, the bigger issue is the economic impact it will have. I already pointed out people are re-selling it, this will only serve to inflate in-game prices down the line due to certain people (those re-selling GG) having vast amounts of gold in comparison to the average player.
By the time this becomes apparent it will already be too lat.

jordyb1991

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 13, 2017
this guy is so true :)

I'm sure some people will disagree, however, while there is nothing inherently wrong with the server overall, i feel like the game shop has ruined what could have been a nice server.

Call it personal preference or whatever you like, my view has always been that paying for convenience is fine, just as long as there was a reasonable alternative way to get the same things. Yes servers cost money, but people, myself included, will always pay for convenience.

Two main issues stand out here. Firstly some items are only available for game gold. Second, the fact that even the revised conversion rates of gold>GG are still way off. Clearly evident by the fact people are reselling GG in-game for 25/50% of your own conversion rates, this only serves to ruin any economy that may exist. The fact you can open TM and buy a full gear set including weapon for ($2) the price you set for a 1h exp scroll is just silly.

If your not interested in being competitive then this wont effect you much, tho slugging out that low rate exp when you know others are doing it 50% faster for a few $ a day, well...

Games need a balanced economy to survive, that is no secret. The other systems work quite well in keeping the wheels turning, dura loss etc, most people cave into the special repair ideal, which just floods the server and destroys the economy. However, this is in the end predicated on gold, of which as we already established is currently flawed. (for clarity sake ill spell it out, people are gaining huge amounts of gold selling GG because your prices are not realistic in regards to the actual time needed to obtain it)

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Gg items should all be avalible for ingame gold, and gg items shouldnt be sellable/tradeable

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Edit: The only real way to fix this issue is to A: make the gold costs actually realistic, and B: Make all GS items non-tradeable.

This way people are given a choice of equal value, farm some gold or make a small donation. and there is no inherent in-game economic impact of people buying excessive amounts of GG.

The trade off is the convenience of skipping the time used in farming gold. But it needs to be realistic, in order to have a fair playing field.

Last edited:

jordyb1991

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 13, 2017
my post early on i am sorry for having ago i was abit mad at the time, i was in middle of a hunt and it happened i thought it was gm with the answers i see on here but im sorry :) also games down now is it going back up anytime soon??

and with what ever you decide between the GG and gold ingame im sure you will sort it out you seem decent so far :) thanks to all the gms and team making this server decent i like it its fun and i dont like alot of servers :P

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
played and hosted enough cash cow servers to see this server for what it really was/is.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
played and hosted enough cash cow servers to see this server for what it really was/is.

How so ? Ice probably invested money on coder etc like he always does with his server, how many server has Iceman made in the last 5 years that just straight up fail on week of release? quite a few, i know hes paid for maps / coders in the past... Hes probably one of the dudes on lomcn who isn't a cash now.

What i will say, he needs to listen to the players and sort out GG prices, Ppl are just buying 10£ gg and making like 15 million gold because the GS Gold price is like X2.5 of what it should be asking. Shame lots of people are not logging because of this

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
I'm not going to dig into those numbers, tho for the record for a 24h scroll (1000GG / 10m gold) to be 2m gold it would need to be an 80% reduction. It would also need to actually be available for gold, and not just GG.

Saying gold is easy to make is completely subjective, and reliant in terms of looking at the current exchange rate. Your 500k/h is nothing more than 0.50c/h at the current rates. 6m gold, or 12hours of gold farming, is worth a $6 donation. This is my point, it is not a reasonable exchange, $6 is nothing. The premise of donating $6 or farming for 12h being labeled as having equal worth is the problem, not the action itself.

This aside, the bigger issue is the economic impact it will have. I already pointed out people are re-selling it, this will only serve to inflate in-game prices down the line due to certain people (those re-selling GG) having vast amounts of gold in comparison to the average player.
By the time this becomes apparent it will already be too lat.

The missing 50% scroll for gold was a typo on my part and will be fixed, As i said before all rate GG=Gold can be adjust , Some GG item will be none trad-able and adjusted. We will look at this today. We been working hard to make sure the server is stable and code errors fixed on time and fast.

---------- Post Merged at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I got more time/money/programmers/hosting in my server then you have in anything you done in life. The game shop is pretty close to what i have seen on many servers, and i always adjustments can be made.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I got more time/money/programmers/hosting in my server then you have in anything you done in life. The game shop is pretty close to what i have seen on many servers, and i always adjustments can be made.

Other professional or mature comebacks you may enjoy:

"I know you are, but what am I?"
"Yeah, well my dad's bigger than your dad"
"I'm rubber and you're glue etc"
"Gay"
"I've had your mum"
"My dick is bigger than your dick"

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The missing 50% scroll for gold was a typo on my part and will be fixed, As i said before all rate GG=Gold can be adjust , Some GG item will be none trad-able and adjusted. We will look at this today. We been working hard to make sure the server is stable and code errors fixed on time and fast.

I know you have been working on it, you have put a lot of work into the server so far, this is why i took the time to make such an in-depth reply, as before. I do not believe for a second you did all this just for money. there are far easier ways.

The purpose of my response was to provide an idea of the current state of the server, highlighting what i would deem to be significant issues that will effect its longevity, nothing more.