Elysian Mir 2 V 3.0

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
the picture was a test to show that GameShop is working like it should be.

thats why i called it a "test pic" rite above it

jamessss

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 18, 2004
It's not for the hard of thinking iceman/kyndigs, so there's no need to explain yourselves... obviously some individuals are not full shillings. ^^

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
think im gona start playin elysian to but as a suggestion ill say to not put tiger items in GameShot , tigers+items that they require should be availeble to everyone

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
think im gona start playin elysian to but as a suggestion ill say to not put tiger items in GameShot , tigers+items that they require should be availeble to everyone

Pretty sure they wouldn't put those in the GameShop, same with fishing items. I've seen NPCs for both Tiger and Fishing kits.

There's even a quest for a Tiger Saddle which would be useless if we HAD to buy a tiger with cash lol.

wumatica

RandomHero
Golden Oldie
Nov 21, 2007
i meant stats wise, low rate stats r always better in pvp, high rate does go abit funny

some1 should try a WOW approach, where it has a level cap, then gets raised every month or something

This is the first time I hear u say something useful.....
Just kidding mate, I like ur idea....:lol1:
Would be easyer for people that haven't got much time to keep up aswell. :thumbup2:

/Wu

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
sounds like you put alot of hard work into it,

just a suggestion, instead of useing your obvious good codeing skills (which id kill my own grandma to posses) codeing fishing ect, why dont you code stuff 90% of server population would really love to see, like a working battleground system like of wow(Not not based on wow, use your initivie/creativity),ect, as yeh fishing will be good fun for first few days, then it will just be grinding, like everything else,

start thinking outside the box,

most of the people i know/play mir with, play mir because of the pvp aspect of the game, not the pve.

anyway, i can tell your all very talented coders ect, and i am not criticisin you or anything, so please dont take it that way, just a suggestion on what i percieve as the mir server market base to be all about,

which is pk/pvp/boss hunting/Med-leveling/balance/economy.

P.s level cap idea is great, i was gonna use that in my own server back in the 1.9 Times, and will be useing it if i ever bring a server in, as stop people speeding ahead, ect,

as long as you have lots of endgame content.

ill be trying it neway :P , in short.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
NightScare, I see your point however the first development goal is a base set of official standard files, then from that we will build our custom stuff onto it, we already have some pretty good ideas that will be pretty special in regards to mir.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
NightScare, I see your point however the first development goal is a base set of official standard files, then from that we will build our custom stuff onto it, we already have some pretty good ideas that will be pretty special in regards to mir.

ah right, i thought u was just adding fishing and tiger and claiming to be uber, lol, as imo they dnt majorly effect gameplay neway, no offence :P.

lookin forward to it then :P

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
lvl cap idea is good in a sense every1 can catch up and its bad coz ppl cant put time into to be the best as u can only go so far ;/

Hero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2005
Albion
lvl cap idea is good in a sense every1 can catch up and its bad coz ppl cant put time into to be the best as u can only go so far ;/

If you have a decent structure in terms of the effort required to get to the cap. Then gear scaling well and I hate to use the word "tiered" level cap content. Say level 50 was your cap, then there was a varying degree of kit/group dependant content (you need such and such stats to be good enough for the next area etc), then there would still be the kit aspect of the game to "be the best". Also promotes guilds and groups for the worst of the dungeons.

The one thing thats annoyed me about alot of servers was the vast range of levels youd find. Easier to keep levels in check and build content youd like for your own server. Than let the rampantly leveling playerbase dictate whats needed by outgrowth.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
As long there is a good variety kit wise there isnt much to worry about.Im just bit worried about stats of items cause again Iceman mentioned dc90something for lvl80 or so so cant imagine how such low stats will allow various kits(considering we are talking for 80lvls....lol).

If gm's have some sense lvl cap will work pretty well.

Hero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2005
Albion
Thats the problem when you allow levels to get out of hand. The higher level you allow your playerbase, the more extreme your need to dole out high stat items. And unless you test like a mother****er, just dont scale properly.

Keeping levels "in check" and providing solid content around non extreme leveling is what makes a server for me. Rebirths and level 100andsuchandsuch are lazy, but thats just how i feel from my experiences.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
As long there is a good variety kit wise there isnt much to worry about.Im just bit worried about stats of items cause again Iceman mentioned dc90something for lvl80 or so so cant imagine how such low stats will allow various kits(considering we are talking for 80lvls....lol).

If gm's have some sense lvl cap will work pretty well.

As far as i'm aware the levels are like usa mir not euro so level 80 is like a level 42 on euro mir (guess), i think the level cap a good idea but have it say when 3 people hit the cap, then up the cap. I'll defo be trying server out when it's released, sounds very exciting.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
3 people will most likely not be enough. As the top 3 people will then always remain the top 3...

Example - You set a lvl cap of say 60. You wait until a sufficient time has passed and majority of people are 60 or nearing it, then you set it to 70 and as you do so, add more content to support the extra 10 lvls, kit should vary and I'd imagine if your at 60 you'd want the best kit possible via quests / crafting or whatever.

If a level cap was introduced and done properly, then it'd be brilliant. As tbh, starting a server and seeing 5 people lvl 100 and the rest around lvl 80/90 - and your lvl 10. You immediately get put off due to the amount of time and work it takes to catch up. Where as if the whole server's around lvl 60-70 then you know you can catch up and compete.

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
3 people will most likely not be enough. As the top 3 people will then always remain the top 3...

Example - You set a lvl cap of say 60. You wait until a sufficient time has passed and majority of people are 60 or nearing it, then you set it to 70 and as you do so, add more content to support the extra 10 lvls, kit should vary and I'd imagine if your at 60 you'd want the best kit possible via quests / crafting or whatever.

If a level cap was introduced and done properly, then it'd be brilliant. As tbh, starting a server and seeing 5 people lvl 100 and the rest around lvl 80/90 - and your lvl 10. You immediately get put off due to the amount of time and work it takes to catch up. Where as if the whole server's around lvl 60-70 then you know you can catch up and compete.

totally not true if he leaves it say a week after they cap it then other ppl will also be lvl 60 then younger members will keep getting chances to catch up and then very1 has a fair chance to get the highest lvl
just the first top 3 capped lvlers will have better kit

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
the idea with lvl is say "10 plp have to get to lvl 80 then it unlocks lvl 80-95" with new caves/items
the lvl "then 15 lvl 95 unlock somore"

its all on how the team codes it

Status
Not open for further replies.