Eugh , wakey wakey?

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
This forums dead.

Nevermind the text please. Anyway where is everyone on this forum?

Last edited:

pogs11

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2006
Wales
i like it, It is Lush And tbh if u want good forum for this its RageZone.com

pogs

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Nice work! looks very proffesional looking! 9/10

P.S Pogs dont scare people off! We need all the people we can get in this section! haha

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
i like it, It is Lush And tbh if u want good forum for this its RageZone.com

pogs

Im aware of ragezone lol....
And ive posted a few things on there, but this one was for Lomcn , sometimes i visit here to check out peoples stuff and theres rarely anything new , so i thought id post something :).
Thanks for the feedback anyway!. :)

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
ive been tryin to learn photoshop but the only thing i know how to make look good ect is fonts . not good a clue how to do brush stuff ect

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
ive been tryin to learn photoshop but the only thing i know how to make look good ect is fonts . not good a clue how to do brush stuff ect

Ill try and summarise what i done..

grabbed a city light image , gaussian blurred it , duplicated the layer and added linear dodge to the image , and changed the transparency , given it that beautiful city look lol. The actual image was pretty bland lol.

The naruto image i had to go round with a magnetic lason tool , i then feathered it. I also messed with the images settings till i liked the look of it.
I found a nice c4d Image and fiddled with it, changed the colour of it ect..
I didnt use a lot of brushes , but i used one , enlarged it to be way too big , and sorta dabbed tiny parts of it around the signature. I then added linear dodge to this , and changed the transparency. There was a little more but i cant remember.
Remember with photoshop , dont do it because it looks 'cool' , do it because you enjoy it :)
that way your bound to get better. Im sure most people that are good at this kind of stuff dont just stick to photoshop all day. When im doing a new graphic im usually speaking to friends on msn and listening to music ect..
Sorry for the lecture :P lol.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Why link people away from this forum Jealy? I dont understand? If he didnt want to post it here then im sure he would not have!

And cheers for that quick guide on how you created it. But still for a photoshop noob you wont actually know how to make it from that guide. I think the best way to start learning photoshop is just keep trying different things. Like they say *If first you dont succeeed Try and Try again* Also check YouTube for video guides on PS!!!

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Because I know that a good few graphics designers post very regularly on that website, it's new, and not 'dead' as the OP has said.

I can link people to wherever I want thanks, they don't need to click it if they don't want, do they? I believe he will benefit from posting it there. Which is why I did... I didn't say he didn't want to post it here i'm just saying, he's probably after some CC and will most probably get it over at W-D.

Last edited:

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
i like it, just wondering as to what reason you keep adding the black line at the left end of your designs?

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
I think it's called like a signature border thing...

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Whoever mentioned brushes, should be shot... no names Jack you spack :)

Anyhoo, not bad dark, and don't say "dont mention the text" just because you suck at it. Learn to do text properly. That's part of the design too.

Apart from that it's good, colour co-ordination is pretty erotic. One other thing though, your flow is out completely, it's all going in different directions.