Euro copy - your thoughts

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Well, as we all know gamepot is closing down, and lapta is trying to jew everyone like he always does by hosting some crapy buggy euro copy and chargin them to play monthly

Believe it or not, i do actually care about the mir community, and id hate to see people wasting their time and money on that gay boys **** server, so ive been thinkin about hosting a low rate along side 3heros with help from hany.

So lets talk about the most important thing, which is always donations... now personally i couldnt care if the server had a donation shop or not, my main goal is to just provide a decent server and not waste their time on big douche boys server.

Now i guess im not really goin to get that many responses here, as there really isnt that many euro/usa ppl on this forums(at least not yet any way) but was just wondering a few things..

-Would you want an EXACT euro copy with some updates at higher level
-Would you want the EXP to be the same or a bit higher?
-Would you want stuff like skill experience to be the same, or lower?
-Would you want assassins ingame?

The bigest question i guess is are people lookin for an exact euro copy, or just a low rate? did they prefer USA style (eglvl80) or euro style (eglvl40)?

Even if it was a euro style server, i got a lot to offer to add onto it, we have a lot of pretty cool coded boss's and stuff.

Personally if i read this thread, i think id rather play 4heros low rate, as it was a really fun server, it mainly closed because lind wasnt continuein work on it any more and i wanted to make a high rate....
So ye, discus away

Last edited:

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
I think I would keep to your 3Heroes Ben. Like last time you closed your own server 4Heroes by releasing a new one. I would focus on your current server and do a massive update. Maybe perhaps have a wipe at the most and promote your server.

On another point. You are a good host and proven to be a very stable host so I could quite happily play a euro clone from you.

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
A "euro clone" server wouldn't be that hard to maintain along with his highrate.

Ben could do it easily, and if he did I would play it.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Problem with euro clones now days is there is entirely far to much content in terms of armours weapons and hunting grounds to cram into 40 levels... So although I am euro at heart I do feel that USA's approach to the leveling system is needed to even/spread out the content available.

I always liked euros items in terms that a warrior ring was a warrior ring and only had stats that would benefit him/her (not for example dc 50, mc 50, sc, 39).

Hard bosses (not soloable) where a group is required to get there let alone kill.

I think with the closure of europot and the recent intrest that has sparked up in mir again there is room for a half decent low rate server.

Pay monthly is not going to work in my opinion, Mir has been free to far to many of us for to long now to introduce any changes.

My thoughts :)
Sam

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I would still focus on 3heros, regardless of if this happens or not, there will still be a massive expansion on 3heros in the next 1-2 weeks, ive worked far too hard on it to just drop it.

Hany would be helpin me out tho as i say, would not be hard to run both servers betwen the 2 of us.

The reason 4heros closed and 3heros opened was because it was a high rate, all high rates need something fresh and new after 16months of bein online... 3heros may or may not go that way, its a bit different with the level caps and expansion... each expansion is like a brand new server

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
I would still focus on 3heros, regardless of if this happens or not, there will still be a massive expansion on 3heros in the next 1-2 weeks, ive worked far too hard on it to just drop it.

Hany would be helpin me out tho as i say, would not be hard to run both servers betwen the 2 of us.

The reason 4heros closed and 3heros opened was because it was a high rate, all high rates need something fresh and new after 16months of bein online... 3heros may or may not go that way, its a bit different with the level caps and expansion... each expansion is like a brand new server

As you said 'You don't want to throw away your work' well I think if you do this , you will.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Problem with euro clones now days is there is entirely far to much content in terms of armours weapons and hunting grounds to cram into 40 levels... So although I am euro at heart I do feel that USA's approach to the leveling system is needed to even/spread out the content available.
Yes maybe, but it was still basically the same.

I always liked euros items in terms that a warrior ring was a warrior ring and only had stats that would benefit him/her (not for example dc 50, mc 50, sc, 39).
Well none of 3hero items are multi stated, they are all class dependant anyway, i dislike multi-stat items

Hard bosses (not soloable) where a group is required to get there let alone kill.

I have plenty of hard boss's to supply, 1s that include different tactics, like havin to face away from the boss at a certain time or you take 90% HP dmg and get parad for 10secs. Also if uve seen the screenshots/videos of evilmir.. he casts a big firewall that covers the whole room and forces u to run away

I think with the closure of europot and the recent intrest that has sparked up in mir again there is room for a half decent low rate server.

Pay monthly is not going to work in my opinion, Mir has been free to far to many of us for to long now to introduce any changes.

My thoughts :)
Sam

Pay montly wont work, espcialyl for a private server.. but somehow lapta has brainwashed many into thinkin his servers are the ones worth playing.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

As you said 'You don't want to throw away your work' well I think if you do this , you will.

I disagree, players will not leave 3heros to play the euro copy - they play 3heros cause they like the high rate feel and the way the server is.. if they wanted to play a euro copy, they would be doing that alrdy.

Im pretty confident my new expansion will bring back a lot of players to 3heros.

My work is never thrown away anyway, it can always be reused

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Yes maybe, but it was still basically the same.

Well none of 3hero items are multi stated, they are all class dependant anyway, i dislike multi-stat items

I have plenty of hard boss's to supply, 1s that include different tactics, like havin to face away from the boss at a certain time or you take 90% HP dmg and get parad for 10secs. Also if uve seen the screenshots/videos of evilmir.. he casts a big firewall that covers the whole room and forces u to run away

Pay montly wont work, espcialyl for a private server.. but somehow lapta has brainwashed many into thinkin his servers are the ones worth playing.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I disagree, players will not leave 3heros to play the euro copy - they play 3heros cause they like the high rate feel and the way the server is.. if they wanted to play a euro copy, they would be doing that alrdy.

Im pretty confident my new expansion will bring back a lot of players to 3heros.

My work is never thrown away anyway, it can always be reused

What ever you do, I will monitor it. Am no long a player but I like to keep track on what's new and what's not.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
I would always enjoy a euro copy but as long as we are talking about Bon hosting the server i always would prefer Four heroes Low Rate... That server was one of the best servers that i played and enjoyed and there would be a advantage too... people that hate euro copy servers but enjoy custom servers (ignoring the rate though) would join this server... With some luck on FH LR you would have a high usercount, no doubt.

Four Heroes (LR) died completely when that Dragon Boss with stages came ingame - that boss dropped every single item ingame and it was solo-able too.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
An idea for you Bon.

Bit of a cheeky cheat i guess but I like the thought of it

Incorparate a low rate version into your already standing server.

e.g. when a user firsts logs in they have the option of LR/HR to which they are then teleported to different maps (that never connect to each other) so appears like 2 different servers but are infact 1 server with 2 different sides...

1: would bring all your players under one roof.
2: Would increase user count
3: Would reassure users that already play your server that you will still be around.

Sam

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
An idea for you Bon.

e.g. when a user firsts logs in they have the option of LR/HR to which they are then teleported to different maps (that never connect to each other) so appears like 2 different servers but are infact 1 server with 2 different sides...

3: Would reassure users that already play your server that you will still be around.

Sam

Wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
An idea for you Bon.

Sam

I don't think that would work... you would have to change the TM (code it different so it shows only on special npcs) so you won't mess up the LR with HR items... That really wouldn't work... there are much more reasons than this but this would be the main one.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
you won't make as much as gamepot did.

I already tried to do this, copied the item levels and stats from gamepot, also done the XP rates .. which i released somewhere. I dunno, i'm sure a few nabs would join.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Altho its a good idea Sam, i dont think combining the 2 is a good idea. high rate alrdy has a very huge database, with a lot of spawns etc etc... havin 2 servers in 1 could only be bad imo. Plus even if the usercount was liek 200, if 190 was high rate and 10 was low rate, would feel a bit decieved.

I also agree that the low rate 4heros was a lot better than a euro copy, but im not trying to appeal to private server community, but more to the USA/euro community

I want to give them want they want.

@dany yer i agree, was a fair few mistakes made on the low rate, but u have to make a mistake to learn from it, i could make the low rate far far better now

you won't make as much as gamepot did.

I already tried to do this, copied the item levels and stats from gamepot, also done the XP rates .. which i released somewhere. I dunno, i'm sure a few nabs would join.

As i said, its not about makin money, I would happily host it with no gameshop, i just dotn want to see players waste their time with lapta.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
4h Low Rate was your best server. And I, too, would rather see players playing your server than that moronic, money grabbing idiot called Lapta.

I may not like you that much at times, but I at least know you run good if not the best servers, in terms of reliability, you're second best to P69 last time I checked.

If you feel you can handle both servers, do it. Heck, if it's anything like 4h LR... I'd want to play it, really did love that server, still remember finding that level 55 warr wep in Bug Cave and reporting it. Good times.

Reactions: Jadelina

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
4h Low Rate was your best server. And I, too, would rather see players playing your server than that moronic, money grabbing idiot called Lapta.

I may not like you that much at times, but I at least know you run good if not the best servers, in terms of reliability, you're second best to P69 last time I checked.

If you feel you can handle both servers, do it. Heck, if it's anything like 4h LR... I'd want to play it, really did love that server, still remember finding that level 55 warr wep in Bug Cave and reporting it. Good times.

Indeed stuff like that would probably be changed, infact i think it was... it was 1 of my 1st times doing a low rate, they are much diff to high rates.. was a few mistakes i had to learn from.

thought reunited was a euro clone ?

It is, however ive no idea how updated it is.. and its run on old files which unfortuatnly means cheats are easy to pick up.

Ive got nothing against reunited, nor am i looking to kick them out... i think its ncie that they provide a euro style server... which is why i was thinkin more about doing my own 4heros low rate server - but the biggest question is, would it entice the euro/usa players enuff to play it?

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
You wont know until you run it, Players might be getting too pissed off that mir is up and down all the time and go to different games.

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
MirReunited and MirRevenge arent enough to cut it. Low rates need big usercounts.

(no offence to those admins)

Ben's server are always huge hits.