Euro copy - your thoughts

Join Discord

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
People are looking to recreate old memories, is that so hard to believe?

We dont care about actual content quality. :D

Bon already has a highrate server, why would he make another ?

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
its up to ben really he has 2 options :

1. make a euro/usa clone, which will attract USA users but people like me wont even bother trying it.

2. remake 4h lr which will be good for all lomcn users and some of the USA players will enjoy it.

Aidon_Lee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
Someone mentioned it earlier i think,
but having a server which consists on two different styles, like... you have to get X level before you can enter the new content.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
its up to ben really he has 2 options :

1. make a euro/usa clone, which will attract USA users but people like me wont even bother trying it.

2. remake 4h lr which will be good for all lomcn users and some of the USA players will enjoy it.

Either way is a risk. Bigger risk is making a euro server and probably even ben knows that lol.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Either way is a risk. Bigger risk is making a euro server and probably even ben knows that lol.

Pretty sure if the USA players just tried it and it had a big community, the content wouldn't matter so long as it was low rate, a grind and a lot of stuff to do. They just need to give it a go and stop wanting to do the same old Euro stuff. At end of the day Ben always incorporates all Euro content such as ZT WT BDD BC and the provinces etc. Then adds his own stuff which makes it better.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
It will probably be 4hero LR as a base, but with all euro stuff ingame. So its basically euro with some stuff from LR

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
1 question im confused about tho, if ppl want a euro copy that bad why dont they just play reuinited?

that had liek 100 odd users at start, now has liek 40.. is it cause ppl got bored after the excitement had passed? or is it because they use 2.3 files which have bugs and cheats on them?

my only concern with doin a euro copy, is that the same will happen.. it might get alot of users at the start, but once the excitement has died down and levelin becomes slow etc - ppl will get bored and quit

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
my only concern with doin a euro copy, is that the same will happen.. it might get alot of users at the start, but once the excitement has died down and levelin becomes slow etc - ppl will get bored and quit

this is where you need to make it a private server. Euro style to get the user count, when it gets to the "slow" levels you need to add content, challanges etc. something other then leveling or boss hunting.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
1 question im confused about tho, if ppl want a euro copy that bad why dont they just play reuinited?

that had liek 100 odd users at start, now has liek 40.. is it cause ppl got bored after the excitement had passed? or is it because they use 2.3 files which have bugs and cheats on them?

Well before i sold my warrior i was one of the highest ingame (level 45), i got bored because it was nothing like euro really, lots of missing maps (vipers etc), GM's were pretty crap, none of them can update properly, very poor drops (worse than euro) camped boss's for weeks on end and got junk everytime lol

I think the highest level is still only 46? could be wrong

Aidon_Lee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
Yep, it had the very basics... no BG, no Vipers, no Lords, no EM... the main stuff had all been taken out..
+ they promised updates over and over and never came..

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
You mean the only missing maps where Vipers and BG....o

Drops weren't "poor", we just tailored them to ensure the server lasted. And GM's where pretty crap....nothing like a personal vendetta now is there?

Pretty much as i said to you Ben, for the first few weeks...months...most will be happy with just having Euro content. But then people do get bored, and want the new content. I'm sure you'll manage to nail it.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Yep, it had the very basics... no BG, no Vipers, no Lords, no EM... the main stuff had all been taken out..
+ they promised updates over and over and never came..

Lords weren't even in Euro for the last few years. We said they'd make sporadic appearances, and have.

We explained about EM, it's bugged to hell on 2.3, hence why we didn't add it. BG we didn't say we'd definitely be adding, said it'd be a possibility. Vipers, yeah hasn't been added yet, when it should be.

Updates such as the 2.6 one, have taken time due to me waiting to hear back from someone.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
You mean the only missing maps where Vipers and BG....o

Drops weren't "poor", we just tailored them to ensure the server lasted. And GM's where pretty crap....nothing like a personal vendetta now is there?

Pretty much as i said to you Ben, for the first few weeks...months...most will be happy with just having Euro content. But then people do get bored, and want the new content. I'm sure you'll manage to nail it.

Wasnt just that, OKS being on a 24hour respawn, and even then dropping fairly poor, the fact you used another player to do dropfiles for you which were somewhat flawed (PB item droprate at start?), Lots of little niggles, having a player have a GM char too was another major gripe of mine.

Not to mention the obvious favouritsm towards a certain guild because you played euro with them.

You mean SOMEONE ELSE hasnt converted your db's yet, do you actually do anything yourself chris?

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
Wasnt just that, OKS being on a 24hour respawn, and even then dropping fairly poor, the fact you used another player to do dropfiles for you which were somewhat flawed (PB item droprate at start?), Lots of little niggles, having a player have a GM char too was another major gripe of mine.

OKS was easy to get too, and had the best drops ingame (even if you don't believe it), as we explained the reasoning behind the 24 hour.

We didn't get another player to do our drop files, he decided to do some, offered us a look at them, we used some and even still edited most of those. Yeah, i messed up the PB drop rate.

Blank having a normal character, well that was up to him.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
OKS was easy to get too, and had the best drops ingame (even if you don't believe it), as we explained the reasoning behind the 24 hour.

We didn't get another player to do our drop files, he decided to do some, offered us a look at them, we used some and even still edited most of those. Yeah, i messed up the PB drop rate.

Blank having a normal character, well that was up to him.

And my warrior getting banned!

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
And my warrior getting banned!

I'm fairly sure this is why you still hold a grudge towards me.

As you've said yourself though, from your own server, why should we put up with abuse?

Aidon_Lee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
I like the fact that the server is up without donations... But...
the GMs are ****... pretty clueless on keeping people happy..

Don't want to go into it, but Missy got banned without any proof just assumption. You even said yourself that MY IP wasn't linked to the hacking on missy.... just that i had hacked items on that char.

But i do agree with Jesus, servers drops were ****...gets boring quick.. killing bosses over and over and getting **** all.. only way u could get a good kit is to GEM pretty **** items up.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
I'm fairly sure this is why you still hold a grudge towards me.

As you've said yourself though, from your own server, why should we put up with abuse?

Because the reason why you banned it was was stupid. Ofcourse i'll hold a grudge

Also not to mention the romanian chars popping up with numerous silly added rares (Rumours of a dupe bug)

Y2Chris

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2003
I like the fact that the server is up without donations... But...
the GMs are ****... pretty clueless on keeping people happy..

Don't want to go into it, but Missy got banned without any proof just assumption. You even said yourself that MY IP wasn't linked to the hacking on missy.... just that i had hacked items on that char.

But i do agree with Jesus, servers drops were ****...gets boring quick.. killing bosses over and over and getting **** all.. only way u could get a good kit is to GEM pretty **** items up.

Let's face it, you all sit and have Skype conversations with each other (You, Missy, Dean, Terry + others), so the notion that you had no idea, is utter crap.

We adjusted Weapon drops on bosses, had no complaints over boss drops recently, apart from Dangello, who even the other Romanians tell to stfu.

And in reply to Jesus, the Romanians involved in that where banned.