every hour 3-4 sec's srv laggs

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
as title say from a while ago my srv keep lagging every hour (in the same min i started the server) the ei goes from 2% CPU usage to 25% CPU and stayis like that for 3-4 sec , then goes back to 2% and everything works normal for another 60 mins . i tryed changeing the sql from 2000 to 2005 though that will help , but still same thing happens .
any1 have any clue why this can happen or how can i fix it ?
the server doesnt laggs if CPU is way to high , as long as the ei stays to a decent usage , when i updated my antivirus the CPU was at 60% (ei = 2% and firewall 58%) the server didnt lagged at all , so im quessing that its because the ei usage to much .
i think its something to do with the .txt logs that ei makes every hour but duno how to make it not to freez the game .
this started (i think im not 100% sure) when duno from what reason my !setup.txt got totaly massed up ( all my seting were removed from a simple reboot ) .
would apreciat if any1 could gime some ideeas in what to change to make it work normal again

this thing happen when i used 3.55 as well (then it started first time)
but there were 3 months of srv time when pc worked perfect

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
duno if this help some1 to maybe have a better ideea of what can cause this but , this is the cpu usage while the srv's laggs , if any1 has any ideea pls let me know tryed everything i could think at and its still the same .

when the 3rd cpu graphic was at hieghes ei was at 25% CPU usage , ei works on all 4th cpu's , duno why only 1 goes high ....
tryed set it only on 1,2,3 cpu but still does the same

Attachments

• cpu.JPG
    cpu.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
do you have anything which may activate every hour from boot up like an npc script?

Upvote 0

mapadale

First thing:

The mir files are only single core designed and so that spike you see is the one core being used, they don't use all 4 cores and in all honesty is no great advantage of using a 4 core system to a standard single core.

As pointed out by Farphit, which is most likely the cause.

You have a script running that updates and when it updates from server to SQL it cause a slight increase in CPU usage, this is more likely a script writing to SQL.

It could also be a mob/s respawning, so check your mob spawn times, especially you boss's

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
ok ty il look for that , for a script that works every 1 hour i searched and didnt found any , but i have a lot of scripts working with sql , cant say i think is there any that work every 1 hour but il look .
didnt knew what other pc to buy in the cash i had :) didnt found any single cores that sounded good enought as the one i have did :P . but if i put the ei work only on cpu 1 , 2 , 4 then all 3 have the high graphic ( kinda confusing for my knolege about pc's ) .
il search for scripts now , hope il find something .
ty 4 reply's

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
damn took me a while to figure this out , problem was i had way to many items in shop's comeing every hour , so ppl never add to many items on goods list or ul end up with a srv lag when shops update the goods ppl bought .
mod can close topic

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
sounds like the problem i have kyeron so i'll check my server and see if it is lol
**edit

Yeah I had this problem too so would advise anyone makin a server to either limit the amount and frequency of restocks in shops, or spread them out so don't have too many restocking at one :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0