Everybody hates a router...

Join Discord

WiseWarrior

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 16, 2003
14 NeverNeverLand
well i do when its forced on me. Ive tried using the Guide by atom, [Router is a Belkin 54g ADSL], But the m2Server repeats port 6000 open over and over, when you try to use the client it cant make a connection to the client. Any help please

Did i mention i hate wireless?

*EDIT* sorry forgot to post screenie, 2 moments ill upload one ^^

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Make sure you have allowed DBServer on whatever firewall you are using (especially the windows firewall).

Forward ports
3000 (if you wan't leocrashers usercount to work).

Set up your files with the IP 192.168.1.xxx (whatever your router assigns to you).

The problem you are having though is probably a firewall problem, if not then an IP problem.

Connect to the server using your global IP.

Upvote 0

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I love routers, i host my lan server on wan behind.

1 router / switch -> second router | WIFI

and it all works fine, its just people are dumb.

Upvote 0

WiseWarrior

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 16, 2003
14 NeverNeverLand
your post is off-topic, helps me not so ever, and tbh is a lame attempt to be sacastic and yea i probably spelt something wrong in that sentence

MentaL, if you cant help or are not willing to please do not clutter my threads, i hope you will take note of this and post with more helpful comments in the future

Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
WiseWarrior said:
how do u forward ports with ZoneAlarm pro security suite ^^, and my DMZ firewall is disabled
You don't forward ports on a software firewall :p. If you followed the guide by "SHADOW" on blocking port 6000, then ignore it, it just ****s it up and gives the error you specified earlyer. If you are behind a router, and won't forward port 6000 then you are safe and no need to block anything with software.

Upvote 0

WiseWarrior

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 16, 2003
14 NeverNeverLand
I'll explain what I did, hopefully you can help [as I am very grateful, never had a router b4]

I followed the guide here :http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28249

But found if i dont use "Assign my IP Automatically" i cant access about 30% of all websites, so i turned "Assign my IP Automatically" back on [b4 that i continued with the guide and tested the server but no luck, error mentioned in first post of this thread]

With "Assign My IP Automatically" on i reused the guide using my assigned IP of 198.168.2.2. It ended in the same result.

I have tried renaming all ips to my network IP, 198.168.2.2, but the LoginSrv and DBSvr get access violation errors.

I also tried 127.0.0.1 as the ips, I could get up to the Select Character screen but no characters appeared or could be created

I am using Belkin 54g Wireless router with WIFI support

Any ideas on what I have done wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Disable the zonealarm security suite and post back.

Upvote 0

WiseWarrior

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 16, 2003
14 NeverNeverLand
nope still no characters at selection screen

Disabled ZA, windows default firewall came online, disabled it, replaced ini and text files related to .exes with default ones from Offline files [Yours ^^] changed all ips to my network IP 192.168.2.2 [i mistakingly posted 198.168.2.2] then ran server

Upvote 0

Salad

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2006
Woodley, Reading
If we are still on the ports on firewall thing.

I have a belkin router and they are very very hard to get to work (i had been trying for ages).

Ok your doing the 192.xxx.x.x IP (Prob diff since you dont live near me) in your net browser.

Login (should be a blank password if you havent put one in)

Virtual Servers put all 3 of the gates in here (not application gates it does not work that way.)

Enable them all, Get rid of Zone Alarm a Belkin router has a firewall,POD and other blocking options so you dont even need Zone alarm its just slowing down your comp.

Upvote 0

WiseWarrior

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 16, 2003
14 NeverNeverLand
ah the guide said nothing about Virtual Servers

Can you explain this step a little better, with an example of the first input, sorry if its simply but ive never had a router and want to get it right first time ^^

Thank you

Upvote 0

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
You said everybody, am i not involved in everybody? am i that low of the low that everybody is not including myself, afterall, everybody if it does include me means i hate routers, to which i dont, so that was actually on topic.

Nice try tho.

Upvote 0

WiseWarrior

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 16, 2003
14 NeverNeverLand
WiseWarrior said:
well i do when its forced on me.

The dots in my statement [...] means its part of a larger sentence meaning

[Everybody hates a router, well i do when its forced on me.]

And the reason your off-topic:
WiseWarrior said:
Ive tried using the Guide by atom, [Router is a Belkin 54g ADSL], But the m2Server repeats port 6000 open over and over, when you try to use the client it cant make a connection to the client. Any help please

And the reason I asked you nicely to not post in my thread unless your can help and are choosing to :

MentaL said:
its just people are dumb.

and so I find myself asking you again. MentaL, please do not post in my threads unless what you are posting can help me in some way

Thank you

Upvote 0

WiseWarrior

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 16, 2003
14 NeverNeverLand
im bumping this thread as i really need help, i think it is due to my IP settings in my text files, if possible, could some one send me there inis and text files that relate to the server exes

Thank you

Upvote 0

spacemonstar

Yours Truly
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2004
England
Hi mate you can add me on msn if you're still having problems. I used to have the same router (cable version).

As a quick try;

Zone Alarm - Go to where your allowed programs are listed and look for DBServer.exe change all the ticks to question marks then right click and Remove.
Fire up DBServer.exe again and Deny the firist popup (It will say Port: 6000 in it) then allow it when it comes up again. (This will secure your server too)

Change all the IP's in the Server files to 127.0.0.1 then try to connect using the same machine (obviously change your client to connect to 127.0.0.1).

If that works and you can get all the way into game then it's not a problem with you server setup.

Leave all IP's at 127.0.0.1 except
LoginSrv\!addrtable.txt = ServerName Line1-7 127.0.0.1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7100 where xxx equals your GLOBAL(WAN IP) (Line1-7 may also be ServerName depending on Mir Version)
DBServer\!serverinfo.txt =127.0.0.1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 7200 - where xxx equals your GLOBAL(WAN IP)
mir200\!addrtable.txt = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - where xxx equals your GLOBAL(WAN IP)

That will put your server online and allow others to connect. Try getting a friend to test externally for you.

For playing over a LAN i.e; Server is one computer, yours is another on the same network, requires adding extra IP's in and using a set of gates. You can find the tutorial for that on LOMCN somewhere.
For Playing over a LAN II - You can follow the guide for setting up 1.9 files over a network (personally didn't work for me).

Hope it helps. My msn addy is in between the ICQ and Yahoo ones. Click once to reveal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
spacemonstar said:
Hi mate you can add me on msn if you're still having problems. I used to have the same router (cable version).

As a quick try;

Zone Alarm - Go to where your allowed programs are listed and look for DBServer.exe change all the ticks to question marks then right click and Remove.
Fire up DBServer.exe again and Deny the firist popup (It will say Port: 6000 in it) then allow it when it comes up again. (This will secure your server too)

Change all the IP's in the Server files to 127.0.0.1 then try to connect using the same machine (obviously change your client to connect to 127.0.0.1).

If that works and you can get all the way into game then it's not a problem with you server setup.

Leave all IP's at 127.0.0.1 except
LoginSrv\!addrtable.txt = ServerName Line1-7 127.0.0.1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7100 where xxx equals your GLOBAL(WAN IP) (Line1-7 may also be ServerName depending on Mir Version)
DBServer\!serverinfo.txt =127.0.0.1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 7200 - where xxx equals your GLOBAL(WAN IP)
mir200\!addrtable.txt = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - where xxx equals your GLOBAL(WAN IP)

That will put your server online and allow others to connect. Try getting a friend to test externally for you.

For playing over a LAN i.e; Server is one computer, yours is another on the same network, requires adding extra IP's in and using a set of gates. You can find the tutorial for that on LOMCN somewhere.
For Playing over a LAN II - You can follow the guide for setting up 1.9 files over a network (personally didn't work for me).

Hope it helps. My msn addy is in between the ICQ and Yahoo ones. Click once to reveal.
just out of curiosity, where did you get stuck?

Upvote 0