Fake User counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keevo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 5, 2011
Just wondering if Faked user counts is allowed?

Seems unfair on servers who actually show how many players they have,

when a potential new players sees the honest servers modest volume, then sees the inflated user count on another server, it really makes it tough for the honest server to compete......

naturally the new player would be pulled towards the " higher" populated server?

DeadSouls

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2008
Just wondering if Faked user counts is allowed?

Seems unfair on servers who actually show how many players they have,

when a potential new players sees the honest servers modest volume, then sees the inflated user count on another server, it really makes it tough for the honest server to compete......

naturally the new player would be pulled towards the " higher" populated server?

How can they fake it. I know on some mir2 servers the user count isn't clear due to multiple miner afkers.

In relation to a server we both played recently, i'm always surprised by the user count when factoring in how many players i see about but, its possible in many ways. I understand what your saying and why, but right now your only on the war path and i dont want that because i want the GM to reinstate you. They wont though if you carry on.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
How can they fake it. I know on some mir2 servers the user count isn't clear due to multiple miner afkers.

In relation to a server we both played recently, i'm always surprised by the user count when factoring in how many players i see about but, its possible in many ways. I understand what your saying and why, but right now your only on the war path and i dont want that because i want the GM to reinstate you. They wont though if you carry on.

they are salty and people are giving them the attention they want.. they will soon crawl back under there rock and die.

Keevo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 5, 2011
Seriously? You need to get a life..

Mod can you deal with this please?

---------- Post Merged at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:40 AM ----------

i dont know deadsouls

but i mention no servers in this question.....

i have had recent experiences where the user count is clearly not correct and wondered if this was possible and if so why it is allowed?

its unfair on new servers who run there server honestly adhering to rules ect.

im currently exploring other server options and feel its unfair on new server that might struggle to complete due to possible foul play.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Mod can you deal with this please?

---------- Post Merged at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:40 AM ----------

i dont know deadsouls

but i mention no servers in this question.....

i have had recent experiences where the user count is clearly not correct and wondered if this was possible and if so why it is allowed?

its unfair on new servers who run there server honestly adhering to rules ect.

im currently exploring other server options and feel its unfair on new server that might struggle to complete due to possible foul play.

Can you prove the user count wasn't correct?

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
You can check quite easy by telnet my IP on port 3000, I've told Tai how to get the usercount.

CMD -> Telnet -> o mir3euro.com 3000

Users.png

This guy and his friends are posting everywhere trying to slate my server because I banned them and no moderator is doing anything. :bord:

Last edited:

Keevo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 5, 2011
Can you prove the user count wasn't correct?

i wouldn't know how to Far, this is why im asking the experts if its possible and if its allowed,

i find on small servers after playing for a while you speak to pretty much every player on there,

and i know for a fact the highs his stats gave of 75-80 players was ridiculous, first few days easy 30-35 players seen playing 12 hours a day.
yesterday stats show 40 user at around 11pm, i think i saw 10 players max, this is not definitive proof but its blatant for anyone who been on server is total rubbish.

funny how his stats page has dropped to 13 the lowest ever since i posted this thread........ lowest i ever saw before that was 32...

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:17 PM ----------

i wouldn't know how to Far, this is why im asking the experts if its possible and if its allowed,

i find on small servers after playing for a while you speak to pretty much every player on there,

and i know for a fact the highs his stats gave of 75-80 players was ridiculous, first few days easy 30-35 players seen playing 12 hours a day.
yesterday stats show 40 user at around 11pm, i think i saw 10 players max, this is not definitive proof but its blatant for anyone who been on server is total rubbish.

funny how his stats page has dropped to 13 the lowest ever since i posted this thread........ lowest i ever saw before that was 32...

i would also like to point it out i made no reference towards Azuras server in my question, he decided to dive bomb my thread

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:17 PM ----------

i would also like to point it out i made no reference towards Azuras server in my question, he decided to dive bomb my thread

No reference to my server, are you kidding me??!!

Name another Mir3 GSP server with a usercount enabled inside and outside the game...

Your character was banned before 11pm so you was standing in a town with a noob? Not seeing people leveling?

No reference to my server? You and your friends need to move along and stop with this... I seriously hope staff sort this out with you lot.

It hasn't been 32 today the max it has been this morning is around 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.