Feedback Please

smoochy boys on tour

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
Aight peeps just a quick question and i hope peeps will answer honestly and not stupidly.

Im currently making a 2.3 server using TD files .
but after talking to a few ppl that has ran servers themselves they tell me its no point because the Mir2 community is about dead.

I have been doin a solo job on this server and taking me longer then expected to.
Is it worth still working on it and bringing it to a finish??

Working on a Medium Rate server where a little work is required to advance throughout the whole game.

Most Euro Caves are in as i like the normal caves
Class Houses with Class Quests and Teles
SabukWall Cave and Teles (dunno whether to keep) wanna make wall worth fighting for but seen this idea alrdy so might do different!
Pet NPC (pets cannot solo Bosses) << seen this on alot of servers thought it was stupid.
3 X BDD caves (1st normal euro, 2nd is a grp required, 3rd do not attempt solo) << wanna get grp hunting bck
MysteryCave (Euro Style, just for a bit of fun)
KR teleports (items needed) << gonna have this in but finding the items requires work so peeps wont use it literally every 5 mins.
KillCount Quest's <<< Working on em havent quite figured it out yet
Gem to Orb Trader
Mir items will be 1 of the best set items to get along with many others.
NO all 3 classes item's << don't like seeing a ring with sc,dc and mc on so each class will have their own

These is just a few ideas i started with a pen and paper lol, i write my ideas down first then put it to action

FEEDBACK apprieciated what ever your answer is.

Regards

Mason

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Question is Would you stick with it? Because the reason mir is dead is there isnt many servers around at the moment. If you were to stick with it and make a good server im sure mir would flare up again. Just need something to bring people back, but im not sure what you should do with a 2.3 as most highrates die quickly cause of the max stat on TD's files. And lowrates usually dont get a big enough user count cause of slow leveling etc. Unless what you did was made a 2.3 which was med-high fastish leveling but not high stats. Lots of room for improvement and updates. Lots of caves and items to not make every set similar and of course quests, everyone loves doing quests.
That good feedback mate? :)

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
Question is Would you stick with it? Because the reason mir is dead is there isnt many servers around at the moment. If you were to stick with it and make a good server im sure mir would flare up again. Just need something to bring people back, but im not sure what you should do with a 2.3 as most highrates die quickly cause of the max stat on TD's files. And lowrates usually dont get a big enough user count cause of slow leveling etc. Unless what you did was made a 2.3 which was med-high fastish leveling but not high stats. Lots of room for improvement and updates. Lots of caves and items to not make every set similar and of course quests, everyone loves doing quests.
That good feedback mate? :)

My server im working on is gonna be long term hence why its medium rate.
I played servers before thats been up for 3 months then gone down and hate it when this happens,
so i want to rectify this!

The more i think of it the more i dont care about the number of players i get, the server will still be up and online for peeps to just have a blast at (even if its the 4th choice of server to play)

Havin a few set bcks settin up killcount quests atm, running with the guide that preacher has released , Thanks preacher.
Had some help with a few other things so thanks to ICEMAN and threeheros for their replys on previous posts.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
just dont expect 30+ players daily

Yeah...I'd definitely say go ahead with it if it's something you want to do, but with the current small community don't expect to have THAT many players...

excluded

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 31, 2006
Yeah...I'd definitely say go ahead with it if it's something you want to do, but with the current small community don't expect to have THAT many players...

this is summot i've always wanted to do but never had the time, now i got loads of time spare and alot of knowledge on how to......
still working on it...

Watch in Upcumming Servers for Sphinx 2.3

Thnx For replys so far they have been helpful

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'd say go for it, if your passionate about it at least, and want to actually bring out a decent server - then you should.

If the main part of Mir, fighting, pvp, PK, is decent on here, you can easily claim 30 members or more, but it has to be right. People go where it's fun, new and fresh. If they've done X thing a million times before, then they're going to get bored fast.

Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll do well.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Just one thing aswell, keep regular backups, because if theres a problem loads of people dont tend to keep backups so the server goes down the drain and they cant be bothered no more.

chris987789

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2008
if your still having trouble with the killcount quest post what you've done so far on here so we can have a look for you and correct you if needed :)