[FH] Four Heroes - The Conflict Within

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
just a thort, probably not the way you are doing the timer at all.

but are you doing 1 sides adds a point everytime they kill a mob, and the other side you take off a point when a mob is killed (this side starts at say 200 points) and when the values equal the way starts.

if so, couldnt 1 side just not kill anything, and save their potions etc till the other side has killed enough to match the same score?

like i said, this probably isnt the way you are doing the timer.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
just a thort, probably not the way you are doing the timer at all.

but are you doing 1 sides adds a point everytime they kill a mob, and the other side you take off a point when a mob is killed (this side starts at say 200 points) and when the values equal the way starts.

if so, couldnt 1 side just not kill anything, and save their potions etc till the other side has killed enough to match the same score?

like i said, this probably isnt the way you are doing the timer.

Thats exactly the way i'm doing it :P

(Drac)--------------(Mid)--------------(Hian)
(0000)<----500----(1000)----1500--->(2000)

If Drac kill a mob one is taken off the counter, if Hian kill a mob one is added. If the middle is reached, the cave is turnned into a War Zone, but the counter keeps on working. So you and your clan will have to get in the cave and kill as many mobs as you can within the hour, and also kill the other clan to stop them getting mobs. When the war end's which ever side of the mid point the counter is on, that clan wins, and the counter is reset to the 500 or 1500 mark respective of who won.

I don't quite understand what you mean by:

Could you elaborate, as if it is a problem that i've overlooked would defo be better to get it fixed at this stage rather than later down the line.

p

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
you said the war starts when the points are equal.

so if drac kill 500 mob, and hian kill 1500 mob. both sides will equal 500 points and thus your war starts.

if this is the case. couldnt drac will 1 mob, and wait till hian kills 1999 mob, which saves on their hp/mp to give them a better chance at winning the war?

edit: just read it again. do you mean if drac kill 1000 mob, their counter stops, and then has to wait till hian kills 1000 for the battle to start? if your doing it this way, this will work i think.

i might be getting the wrong end of the stick as to how the war starts.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
From wot linds told me... u have a counter that goes back and4th like he said.. when it reachs the middle... the counters stop.

then this triggers something off, which turns the map into a fight zone or w/e for like an hour or something.. and the 2 sides fight for control of the cave i think.

so takin over the cave isnt just getitn the counter in ur end.. u gotta win the war 2 i think?

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
I think its like this.

When the counter hits the mid point (1000), the war starts, for an hour? The primary objective is to kill the most mobs (to move the counter to your side) but obviously if you kill enemy players, that stops them from killing mobs until they get back into the cave.

At the end of the hour, watever side the counter is on, wins the war nd the cave.
So basically what you said ben but getting the counter in your end wins the war.

Idea:

During the war, killing enemy players could also effect the counter? just to spice things up a bit :P

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I think its like this.

When the counter hits the mid point (1000), the war starts, for an hour? The primary objective is to kill the most mobs (to move the counter to your side) but obviously if you kill enemy players, that stops them from killing mobs until they get back into the cave.

At the end of the hour, watever side the counter is on, wins the war nd the cave.
So basically what you said ben but getting the counter in your end wins the war.

Idea:

During the war, killing enemy players could also effect the counter? just to spice things up a bit :P

Also what I had gathered.

And I love your idea ^_^ :thumbup2:

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
you said the war starts when the points are equal.

so if drac kill 500 mob, and hian kill 1500 mob. both sides will equal 500 points and thus your war starts.

if this is the case. couldnt drac will 1 mob, and wait till hian kills 1999 mob, which saves on their hp/mp to give them a better chance at winning the war?

edit: just read it again. do you mean if drac kill 1000 mob, their counter stops, and then has to wait till hian kills 1000 for the battle to start? if your doing it this way, this will work i think.

i might be getting the wrong end of the stick as to how the war starts.

Still not 100% sure, what you mean by that problem, i've got a feeling we're looking at this system in two different ways lol. :P

The counters arn't visible to the players, so they have no idea when a War is going to start, or how many they need to kill to win the war once it has started. The only thing they know is that a cave is either A) Drac owned, B) Heian owned, C) In a state of teritorial war.

I think its like this.

Yea thats exactly how it works.

Idea:

I like, i'll try to do this, if i can, through QFunc, i'll add it and test it once i'm finished with my uni work. :)

p

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Ive always loved the split good and evil scene. when i make servers i always build it into that but kinda differcult where you cant code,

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
what im still confused is how the war starts though.

do both sides have to kill 1000 mob for the war to start? or does it start when the first side hits 1000?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ρяєα¢нєя;732522 said:
I like, i'll try to do this, if i can, through QFunc, i'll add it and test it once i'm finished with my uni work. :)

p
yer u can to an extent, but could also be exploitable.

you could do onmurder.. check faction and add points to them

and ondeath check faction and add points to the other team.

so either way u could do it..

onmurder it doesn check who uve pked, so same ppl could kill each other

ondeath tho.. it doesnt matter what killed u, u let ur side down, u died.. u lose points :001_tt2:

pretty sure matt adde a pk death aswell so u can do it with mobs killin u and w/o mobs killin u

i got all the stuff on that battle zone thing i did so check it out

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010

do both sides have to kill 1000 mob for the war to start? or does it start when the first side hits 1000?
it starts whenever both sides have killed an equal number of mobs.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008

War starts as soon as the counter hits the middle point. Here's the scenario:

Bug Cave:

• When the server first starts the caves are divided equally between the two clans, so lets say Heian owns BC when the server goes live.
  • BC has a Clan Counter Range of 0-4000 (Middle point being 2000)
  • As Heian own the cave, the couter is set to 3000 at the start of the live server (Quarterly point of the Heian side of the Counter Range)
  • Drac members start hunting there and start to take -1 off the Counter every mob they kill.
  • While Heian members add to the counter every mob they kill.
  • So Drac members would have to get into BC and kill mobs until they manage to get the counter down to the mid point (2000), while Heian members will want to try and increase they're hold over the cave and get the counter up to their end (4000).
  • If Drac manage to get the counter to the middle point (2000) a war is started for one hour.
  • During this hour the objective is to kill as may mobs as you can and prevent the other side from killing mobs.
  • The counter still works the same as before, so +1 for Heian, -1 for Drac.
  • At the end of the war, which ever side of the Middle point the counter is on (0-1999 for Drac, 2001-4000 for Heian) wins the war, and the counter is set the the quaterly point for whichever side won (1000 for Drac, 3000 for Heian).
  • The cycle starts over again...
Hope that makes it a bit easier to understand :P The players don't really need to know the workings behind it tbh, all they need to know is the more mobs they kill, the more change they have of taking the cave, or if they already own it the more chance they have of keeping it.

ondeath tho.. it doesnt matter what killed u, u let ur side down, u died.. u lose points :001_tt2:

pretty sure matt adde a pk death aswell so u can do it with mobs killin u and w/o mobs killin u

Yea thinking about it it'll be far to exploitable, as people could have characters in both clans, log on your noob thats in opposing clan and just let your main chars clan kill you over and over.

Might have to rethink, i'll take a look at the Battle Zone scripts :)

p

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Sounds good but if everything is reset to the quarterly point is there any point in the Min / max value?

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Sounds good but if everything is reset to the quarterly point is there any point in the Min / max value?

Oh yea forgot to mention if your within 100 points or so of the min/max value your clan gets an extended EXP boost in that cave for having complete control over it.

p

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i see now :) yeah that sounds a good idea. aslong as the servers popular and not just 20 chars. otherwise will take ages to start a war.

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
i see now :) yeah that sounds a good idea. aslong as the servers popular and not just 20 chars. otherwise will take ages to start a war.

I've made it so all cave ranges are adjustable via a GMNPC, so rates can be adjusted based on user count.

p

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

I could just code it, would be more efficient than running scripts on every death.

Status
Not open for further replies.