Other Files...Confused.lomcn

Join Discord

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
So i am just wondering, has LOMCN (Mir) actually stopped producing decent server files?? cause ive been reading and there is Topics of people saying there going to release Certain files and TBF these files look MINT!!!, but yet theres been no release, wont this go under false advertising method ??

Also, if MOD'S / Admins on this form put a rule in that states u are not allowed to false advertise, then wont this help alot of people instead of causing so much confusion..... because atm LOMCN has become a PARADOX for a few and i have a feeling that it will continue untill something is put in place

P.S i know people are going to most prob slate me for bashing LOMCN (But keep in mind i aint) im simply stating truth, in no way am i slating lomcn.

P.S A CONFIDANT RELEASE WOULD BE ACE ALSO!!!

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
The old days are over m8, now u have teams , and each team makes his own files and they keep them for themselfs!!! If u want to have nice files either u pay a coder or code them urself... Sad but true! The mir comunity got greedy!!!

Upvote 0

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
LOMCN is only as good as the community. Nothing is stopping you doing the research & digging around for a new set of files. Then working on them for months and releasing them for everyone like people like yourself seem to expect.

The old days are over m8, now u have teams , and each team makes his own files and they keep them for themselfs!!! If u want to have nice files either u pay a coder or code them urself... Sad but true! The mir comunity got greedy!!!

You have to do something yourself? Wow, shocker!

Starting to think files should have never been released in the past at all - it has basically made the Mir community need to be spoon fed everything in order to survive.

Upvote 0

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
LOMCN is only as good as the community. Nothing is stopping you doing the research & digging around for a new set of files. Then working on them for months and releasing them for everyone like people like yourself seem to expect.

You have to do something yourself? Wow, shocker!

Starting to think files should have never been released in the past at all - it has basically made the Mir community need to be spoon fed everything in order to survive.

+1 I dunno why on this forum everyone expects to be given someones hard work for FREE.

Upvote 0

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I think these posts about ace need deleting.
It's getting quite ridiculous the amount of people who are crying about files now.

Lock, Delete, Throw away the key.

I agree with this, but disagree at the same time.
Personally, I only heard about LOM because of this forum, I'm still here 8 years later xD

LOMCN Team are doing a great job!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
Yea the LOMCN team do a wicked job no disrespect there, but i aint crying about files, if there was a whole in 1 guild that learnt me to code etc etc i think i would pick it up quite easy and then be able to code my own set of files, but i still aint learnt how to and i get confused with all the guides of coding (Dont know where to start)

If someone is willing to be able to do a whole in 1 guild teaching how to code properly then please do as im sure this would help alot of people Including me :P

Upvote 0

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Yea the LOMCN team do a wicked job no disrespect there, but i aint crying about files, if there was a whole in 1 guild that learnt me to code etc etc i think i would pick it up quite easy and then be able to code my own set of files, but i still aint learnt how to and i get confused with all the guides of coding (Dont know where to start)

If someone is willing to be able to do a whole in 1 guild teaching how to code properly then please do as im sure this would help alot of people Including me :P

lol someone cant brief you on coding in a few hours , most of the devs here have spent YEARS developing mir files.

Upvote 0

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
lol someone cant brief you on coding in a few hours , most of the devs here have spent YEARS developing mir files.

Actually, they could. Assuming you are able to wrap your head around it, have the patience and the interest - coding isn't hard to learn... the fundamentals at least.

Upvote 0

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Actually, they could. Assuming you are able to wrap your head around it, have the patience and the interest - coding isn't hard to learn... the fundamentals at least.

he isn't gonna be able to code his own set of files by someone giving him a quick briefing ( unless he spent years doing the files ) which is basicaly self teaching anyway,

Upvote 0

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
he isn't gonna be able to code his own set of files by someone giving him a quick briefing ( unless he spent years doing the files ) which is basicaly self teaching anyway,

Im sure i could pick it up easy, but need a proper guide explaining whats what etc etc or even a video guide, its still giving us the push to start learning how to code and who knows maybe once new people get the hang of coding then im sure a wicked set of files could be released with a whole new feel to mir.

I Have loads of ideas for a set of files, with new systems etc etc that i think would make mir come back into big popularity again, but atm its just the same thing on all servers......teaching people to code would open up a whole new world / stage in mir tbh

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Just start from the basics, loads of tutorials out there, you won't be coding for Mir anytime soon though which is why people on here decide to give up, dedication is key, if your not willing to spend at least a year or 2 learning then just don't bother.
Someone did try to start lessons on here though, just search them out.

Upvote 0

phoenixdancer

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 3, 2011
Playboy;9002sure i could pick it up easy said:
Go learn c# starting with C.
Will take years to master it and months to get to a stage u can do the level of programming required for mir.

Upvote 0

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
One thing I would say from my experience when it comes to programming.

Getting something to work how you want is easy, getting something to work the way you want efficiently isn't.

I spend 90% of my time refining code rather then implementing new code.

Upvote 0

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
One thing I would say from my experience when it comes to programming.

Getting something to work how you want is easy, getting something to work the way you want efficiently isn't.

I spend 90% of my time refining code rather then implementing new code.

I couldn't agree with this more... Even once you have implemented a new piece of functionality (exactly how YOU want it to work), you will quickly discover that the working path is golden and there are a million other paths that also need covering/debuging.

As for learning to code Mir... It is in a completely different ball game to learning to code... (I speak on behalf of the delphi sources here as Jamie's C# sources I suspect are far cleaner) They are incredibly messy... Passed from programmer to programmer each looking to get their own functionality in, each coding in a golden path fashion (as long as it works for them it works). Writing a guide on how to code the delphi sources would be more difficult than coding them.

Sam

Upvote 0