Final Fantasy VII - PC

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
[video=youtube;qr4TgU4SKLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4TgU4SKLc[/video]

http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en

This isn't some sort of remake, it's just being released on PC with Online features.

This stuff

Achievements -- 36 brand new achievements, only available as digital download on PC!
Cloud Saves -- Continue and save your progress wherever you are. (Requires internet connection)
Character Booster -- Stuck? Boost your stats for that extra advantage.
Optimized for PC -- Play FINAL FANTASY VII on the latest hardware.

Last edited:

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Was datamined a few weeks back, glad they've finally announced it though i'll probably grab it as it was one of my favourites. However I am disappointed with them doing the Character Booster part, optional or not it's still such a stupid feature :/

And the voiceover for that trailer was terrible. Seriously lol I thought it was fanmade at first.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Kinda. I'll get it regardless due to being a diehard FF7 fan but it won't be anywhere near the same as the classic PS1 epicness.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
NO NO AND NO.

People need to stop buying this reskined bullshit. what i wanted to see from this was a full on remake FF13 GFX with 7's core story and gameplay with a bit of new stuff say a new weapon or 2 at end game not much to ask for them to put a little effort in. i mean come on they made advent children, am no game designer or anything but am sure it wouldnt have been hard to rip those skins and slap them on the FF13 engine.

Game boost really SE really. u can already beat every boss with about 5 pushes of a button, have kids these days really got that bad at gaming that we need this kidda crap

before u say i dont like FF7. i have beat it 4 or 5 times i love that game clocked well over 500+ hours

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
i been playing ff7 on pc for ages :/ all thats new is it saves as a cloudstorage ...

just download the psx torrent :P

but me being a Hard Fan For ff7 i suppose ill download this too...

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Kinda. I'll get it regardless due to being a diehard FF7 fan but it won't be anywhere near the same as the classic PS1 epicness.

Agreed

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
NO NO AND NO.

People need to stop buying this reskined bullshit. what i wanted to see from this was a full on remake FF13 GFX with 7's core story and gameplay with a bit of new stuff say a new weapon or 2 at end game not much to ask for them to put a little effort in. i mean come on they made advent children, am no game designer or anything but am sure it wouldnt have been hard to rip those skins and slap them on the FF13 engine.

Doesn't even need to have any new content, just transfer everything from the original over to the 13 engine. Who wouldn't buy it? Anyone who played the original loved it and would surely love to relive it with up to date graphics, and for those who didnt play the original, it'd just be the same as a brand new game - win win?! What have they got to lose

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
What have they got to lose

A question that all FF7 lovers have wondered for a long, long time.

In fact the only possible thing I could think of was this:

Making it worse.

Somehow, they could **** up, and make the game just a complete tragedy. Which would ruin FF7's currently insane popularity and perhaps dent the FF franchise itself.

But the likelihood of them screwing up something that big is, what? 1 in a billion.

I really wish they'd ****ing re-make it already for the PS3 or whatever. It isn't a simple job but it wouldn't take them long at all. I'd literally buy a PS3 JUST to play a FF7 remake, should it be exclusive to PS3.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Next remaster is FF-10, hopefully it'll come out towards the end of this year. However those asking about the ff7 remake mainly got the thoughts from the tech demo that was released for the ps3. The reason why it isn't just thrown about is it's the trump card, if they ever get into any bad situations that'll always be the go to card because so many of us want it. However I can also admit that I loved ff7 for the factor of it's graphics back then aswell, even if it was just a port over it wouldn't feel the exact same. The technology isn't available at all because it requires the game being >rebuilt<. Before people use the tech demo against this statement it's not even that long, it shows the opening scene from ff7 that's all. Now imagine the entire game being remade that WILL take time and much more time than square enix are willing to invest currently.

Hope that made sense.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
That or it's already been made in some super secret underwater laboratory... in space.

And as you say, they're simply waiting for the right moment to bring out their trump card.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
They already said they will not remake FF7 until another FF has overcome it, it was in a press release this year, can't remember were i saw it but il post it if i find it.

I think it's stupid to remake FF7, it was great and up to date graphics wouldn't be the same, maybe graphics and systems from FF10 but never after that, i just think the series went down hill after it.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Agreed that anything after FF10 just became meh.

FF7/8/9/10 were the ****. Literally. Can have fancy amazing graphics all you want but I don't care if the story doesn't interest me.

FF10-2, FF12, FF13 were all disappointing for me really >.<

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Agreed that anything after FF10 just became meh.

FF7/8/9/10 were the ****. Literally. Can have fancy amazing graphics all you want but I don't care if the story doesn't interest me.

FF10-2, FF12, FF13 were all disappointing for me really >.<
Hopefully Versus 13 will pick up the slack.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Amirite in saying Versus is only on PS3? I've really heard nothing about it, only what I've researched after hearing about it a year or 2 ago.

p.s. I enjoyed X-2 !!!

I never actually completed 7 or 8, I was a late bloomer and only bought them in high school and then social life just took over so never found the time to finish them and now I can't find them :(

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Amirite in saying Versus is only on PS3? I've really heard nothing about it, only what I've researched after hearing about it a year or 2 ago.

As far as i know it will be a PS3 exclusive.