Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Not sure why people still ask why it crashed.. it crashed cause there was an error that forced the server to close.

We're looking into it

As frustrating as it is.. this is the first crash in 6 days, stability is hugely improved and will only continue to get better

hunter46

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2016
tbh ben think its about time you tried to fix store tm bug its pissing every1 off ingame , it can take upto 10 minutes some days to get it working ,and I think that this should be high on the fix list due to its importance to play game? cheers

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Is the TM bug when you want to 'View Market' it closes your client? Lately it was ok for me.

On another note, not crashing the server but your client - I noticed when char window is not jammed against the top of game view and you mouse over to display item stats, it closes the client. I think its because the item stats on items like armour are a huge list (with all the awakenings too) and when you have the char window positioned lower, the stats would go beyond view at the bottom and so they don't display... and sometimes mousing over items leads to crashing your client.

Or perhaps it is the matter of stats just wanting to be displayed and them being such a huge list it leads to closing the client (because I think it happened even with char win in its default position at top right). Mousing over seems to close your client when you also have at the same time opened TM window, like you want to compare stats of item on sale in TM with the stats of item you have equipped... But that's no big issue, just saying.

Last edited:

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
Update that's been posted by Ben on main forum just thought would put on here aswell so people can see what's coming up

Upcoming Patch 1.1
Crafting

• New craftable weapon and armours added (Expire items)

Items

• 1x new armour per class
  • 1x new sword per class
  • 1x new accessory per class.. not part of a set. between Mir and Heroes stat equivalent
  • some new stones
  • A PvP Item Set

Caves

• OldSkool Temple - 27 floor dungeon with lots of different bosses and mobs
  • Evil Mir - single boss with a fairly long run. Requires RedScale to enter
  • HeroKing - a PvP style boss that drops some PvP items.

Quests

• Quests for the 3 new temples
  • 1x story based quest with a unique expire item at the end

Experience

• New Players receive a 2 hour 200% EXP boost
  • Level 70 - 90 EXP reduced

Monster drops

• All boss's have had their drop rates reduced by 50%.. e.g. if an item was 1/4000 it is now 1/2000

Challenge Rooms

• Mixture of mass mobs and bosses, fight your way through the levels to receive an award at the end.
  • Rift now goes up to level 70

GameShop Changes

• Forsaken / Ancestor / Mir Random Item box (Open to gain a random item from that set). Items will be grey quality.
  • All Drop potions have been removed, and will refund gamegold on use

Currently no ETA, but the goal is the upcoming weekend (4th June)​

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for letting us know patch info aRKY

"All boss's have had their drop rates reduced by 50%.. e.g. if an item was 1/4000 it is now 1/2000"

Isn't it rather that drop rates would be increased?

BTW the patch works for me.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Thanks for letting us know patch info aRKY

"All boss's have had their drop rates reduced by 50%.. e.g. if an item was 1/4000 it is now 1/2000"

Isn't it rather that drop rates would be increased?

BTW the patch works for me.
Depends how you look at it, this is why I gave the example...

Either way, things should drop a little bit more now and be a bit more balanced

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Depends how you look at it, this is why I gave the example...

Either way, things should drop a little bit more now and be a bit more balanced

Is this for -every- single boss ingame, ye? Even the crap ones like khazard etc.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
Hi Bon, Would it be possible to maybe look at reducing the cool down timer on Profield and Rage, i think the cool down timer is to long (personally) but im not at end game yet so i cant comment brilliantly.

However, im enjoying the server, the only thing i would say is maybe reduce the pit drop from the caves being as often as they are as atm it floods the floor and its hard to see some items as they overlap a lot.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
All bosses and subs have had there drop files updated bud

I meant it felt like they got stronger, that is more hitting too but maybe that's just my impression, I went perhaps a bit too much for dc...

Agree with neptuneshaun, but would also include counter attack besides rage and pro. Actually worse than the long cooldown time is the way they are all hard to activate. You can't just click the three F keys when you start fighting sub or boss, you need to press and hold a bit in succession, otherwise skill won't activate. By the time I switch all three on, I could be half dead, depending on the boss. And at start of fight you don't want to activate those skills up ahead because they last quite short time as it is, besides some subs teleport you in (like depraved cave) not giving you chance to pre activate them prior to fight.

But I don't complain, just saying.

Cooldown just means you only get one use of these skills on a sub or boss - because even if the timer expires during the fight, you're likely to get killed trying to activate those skills again because as I said they 'don't take' on easy click... It is similar to how the sunpots don't get used if you click quick slot buttons too fast but I think that's how it is with all pots (can click them in bag fast enough though)

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
my view is that if its a spell that can be active 24/7 then what's the point of the spell being castable? may as well just be a passive AC and DC buff.

they are the way they are for a reason.. ye it may be a bit silly casting all 3 buffs every x seconds but if you dont think its worth that 3 key click hassle then dont do it.. but we both know you will cause it is a big advantage

if I made the game super easy and u didnt have to press any keys ud get bored

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
That's true, that about making it too easy, pple get bored. Also apart from cooldown time, it is the way the crystal files work (that about the button action).

Just to mention, talking about skills, I never use LionRoar and BladeAvalanche skills, both are quite useless on this server, at least given the way I play, the caves I go to. Also Trap which I didn't even bother to get. Of those three only LR was useful on other servers, the others are/were useless always.

Last edited:

hunter46

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2016
today I started having an issue with the teleporter when I click box comes up but pb and mudwall and hlp info links are not in box so can not click on them anything I can do to sort this ? cheers can not tele to pb at mo because of this><

Status
Not open for further replies.