Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
Just downloaded and when i run i just get a small black window, is this because the server is down or have a got an issue?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Now I am getting message 'Wrong version, please update your game. The game will now close."

@Kamikaze, yes, right now, there is an issue :bi_polo:

But they are working on it, server is now online :applause:

Last edited:

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
Now I am getting message 'Wrong version, please update your game. The game will now close."

@Kamikaze, yes, right now, there is an issue :bi_polo:

But they are working on it, server is now online :applause:

Surely i should get to a login screen where it says server is down? not just a black window with no sound

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Not sure that helps but in the patcher window you see when you start the game, there is in the upper corner a cog wheel which opens options, among other you can select 1366 resolution (not sure how or if it works when it comes to full screen view). You can play mir in window on desktop, myself prefer that, just uncheck the 'Fullscreen' radio button. You can always try that if you get black screen issues.

btw server crashed

Last edited:

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
i prefer full screen but its looks ****, and windowed mode the window is too small, cba to keep messing my desktop res up

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Then consider playing on some other monitor if you could swing it. I prefer playing mir in window because I can have two or more char windows open at the same time and switch btw them, so that when hunting I can still follow on town goings on, sell shouts etc.

I still keep around the house old 15" & 17" CRT monitors if I wanted to go retro, some laptops still have DB9 classic video connector for video out and you would use the laptops keyboard and mouse only (when connected to external monitor, normally the laptop's screen goes black). Or I could just fire my not so old PC tower that would be more than sufficient to play mir on and which could use those small CRT monitors no problems.

Mind you my monitor is 27" 2560x1440 res. 16:9 and it used to bother me that mir was so small but you get used to it, same as you get used to enlarged blocky mir when you play in full screen mode :subdued:

Last edited:

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
I prefer playing mir in window because I can have two or more char windows open at the same time and switch btw them, so that when hunting I can still follow on town goings on, sell shouts etc.
:

Thanks for that Tip, I never thought about doing that!

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Yeah, crashed again. The team are working hard to fix the crashes. We've had many new clients over the last 2 days, which is an extremely positive thing to see.

Bare with them.

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Aye, my 30 minute window of game time for the day has gone =(

---------- Post Merged at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Cheers Kyler

---------- Post Merged at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:19 PM ----------

anyway to improve resolution when in full screen and font size?

Could try the mir config ini and play with the Res there>?
some ave it at 1024 others 1366, sure there are other variants out there. may be worth checking if it doesn't feel right?

[Graphics]
FullScreen=False
AlwaysOnTop=True
FPSCap=True
Resolution=1366
DebugMode=False

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
So whats this server like??.......Im abit weary playing this due to the fact 3 heroes 4 heroes, oldskool went down......so how long will this be online for before closing ?? as i aint sure i wanna waste my time for the 4th time lol

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
Mind you my monitor is 27" 2560x1440 res. 16:9 and it used to bother me that mir was so small but you get used to it, same as you get used to enlarged blocky mir when you play in full screen mode :subdued:

Im using a 4k Monitor so you can imagine the stretch, writing etc is out of sync

---------- Post Merged at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Untitled.jpg

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
thats due to your font scaling, not your resolution. The client uses windows native fonts and font options, so will match whatever settings you've changed on your computer.

Turn your font scaling back to 100% and it should look correct

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
So whats this server like??.......Im abit weary playing this due to the fact 3 heroes 4 heroes, oldskool went down......so how long will this be online for before closing ?? as i aint sure i wanna waste my time for the 4th time lol

Lol but each one had life span of over 2 or 3 years?

How long you expect servers to last

Status
Not open for further replies.