[King] FPS problem - Latest king files

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
I was playing around with the latest King files (20130713-46) and noticed it runs smoother when you disable your Graphics Card drivers or play it in safe mode.

Normally I would only be getting 5-30 FPS but when the driver is disabled I get 70-100. Tired it on my other older machine with XP and have the same problem.

How is the game even able to run in safe mode?

Also anything I can do to make it run smoother? I found this screenshot of a launcher on the web http://i.imgur.com/wxRwQzb.jpg in which contains the ability to Disable 3D Acceleration and D3d Correction which would make it run at a higher FPS?

I tried searching the web for ways to start a .exe with 3D acceleration disabled but couldn't find anything.

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
Just spoke with "the dougclassclub" on QQ and they said it's just a graphic design and not an actual function.

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
You've actually answered your own question in relation to why it runs better without graphic support and Safemode, the simple fact the game is 2D and doesn't require a 3D engine to run. However disabling 3D acceleration can have bad effects on your OS, especially when running windows 7 upwards as it requires 3D acceleration in some instances.

Though FPS in LOM, has normally been around 50/70 fps anyway.

Upvote 0

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
I just tried it with a R9 270X Graphics Card and it's staying at 100 FPS non stop. It's amazingly smooth.

What's the difference between that and a GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5 and a GeForce 9800 GT which had very low FPS?

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
I just tried it with a R9 270X Graphics Card and it's staying at 100 FPS non stop. It's amazingly smooth.

What's the difference between that and a GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5 and a GeForce 9800 GT which had very low FPS?
R9 is ATI and GTX is Nvidia, enough said really!

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
ATI has always been a better graphics card for gaming, as the hardware on them are designed specifically for gaming. Though Nvidia have been in the gaming market for a good few years, Nvidia cards are designed more for graphic designers or media artists and not gaming. The software support doesn't matter, as they both have to support the latest DX and previous versions in order to work correctly with DirectDraw and 3D acceleration, so that's irrelevant.

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Well the other two cards I listed don't support 11.2

http://www.hwcompare.com/15699/geforce-gtx-580-vs-radeon-r9-270x

The game worked much smoother without any cards installed vs having the gtx 580 enabled so it must have something the new King files don't like.

Has anyone else had FPS problems with the newest King files? I doubt it's just because its nVidia
But R9 isn't an end of line card unlike the GTX which is, so obviously the R9 is going to support the latest DirectX. But that was not the question that you asked, you got the answer to the question you asked and if you compared the R9 with a card in the same range from Nvidia you will find it does support DirectX 11.2

Not at all, all the files are the same in the way they are coded. The only difference between the different variations of King, is the person who's compiling them. MetalMax is one such person, if you buy his previous files they worked better than the next set that was released here on lomcn and far less buggy. It's all down to who is doing what with the files, as a lot of them the only difference is the .dll and nothing more.

Upvote 0