Free .co.uk domains

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
29mn9ck.png

First, click here or visit https://www.ovh.co.uk/products/dotcodotuk.xml to start.
2vx0xh3.png

Then type in the domain name you want, if it is taken it will tell you, click "Registration"
abt1m8.gif

If it is available then click "Continue".
2mqj31v.png

Then select the first choice which is the "Gold offer" and then click "Continue"
2akh5d0.png

And then select "No Hosting" and then click "Continue"
mtrw20.png

It will then show a preview of your order, if you are happy with it click "Continue"
29wmgwy.gif

You will now need to register a new account, click "New contact"
2eob3w0.gif

Then type in your real or made up first and last name.
You will need to enter your REAL mobile number, don't worry it is free and there are no texts after this.
iyilo9.png

2z8q6ma.png

You can now review the contact information, when you are done reading it then click "Continue"
fl8z0p.png

You will now be on the DNS Server page, here you can select a custom name server (From a hosting you are registered with) or select Ovh's default name servers. You can change these at any time anyway.
When you have made your choice, click "Continue"
f0db87.png

You must now scroll to the bottom (or read through) and tick "I have read and accept the contracts".
Then click "Continue"
xp3n9x.png

You will now come to a billing page, the total will be £0.00 so don't worry.
Now to the bottom left of your screen you should see a box saying "Free Validation", click "Next" in that box and enter the code.
2ur45t0.png

You will now recieve a few emails about the registration, read them all and make sure you find the two emails with the validation link in it.
The subjects of the email begin with "[INVOICE PP_*******]" and "[ORDER *******]"

There is no limit on the amount you can make but you can only make 2 on the day you registered and 1 every other day.

This offer has no expiry date and has been going for over a year so it should work all the time!

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Guessing this is no longer free?

It's showing as £5 + VAT so £5.75 all in all :(

edit: Nvm I assume it's becase I'm outside of the UK atm.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Guessing this is no longer free?

It's showing as £5 + VAT so £5.75 all in all :(

edit: Nvm I assume it's becase I'm outside of the UK atm.

Same here and im in the UK!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
anyone got this working? i dont like the fact i have to give my number on it. but wldnt mind a free .co.uk address!

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Kinda wierd tbh. Made this thread on the day his account was created and showing as like £12 and having to give you your money, looks like a way to pay via your mobile.

Not really advised.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
+ his name is 'hustler' seems very fishy lol.

unless it actually says your paying £0.00, id advise not to try this.

unpinned till someone can confirm its actually not a scam.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
I don't own the website. It did work when you got past 'No Hosting' it should say £0.00 but for some reason they not giving out free .co.uk domains anymore. It worked for me on saturday, i have a couple of domains so i was lucky i got them in time. I had a look into this and looked on there official website forum and theres a thread saying they dont do it anymore.

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2070