Free Ipods - Sweet or Scam?

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
(Consulted forum rules before posting, didn't see anything against this. If it's not allowed then soz.)

These free Ipod sites seem to be getting a pretty big following. Anyone know if they're legit?

I looked at a few and (assuming they're not a scam) this one seems to offer the best deal - you only need to refer 5 people and that's it, but each person has to do two offers.

Most of them involve spending money. But there are two that you do for free... One is easy, just make a new ebay account and make a bid for something that will never win. - You just have to make one bid, not win an auction.

The second is sign up for DVD rentals. You can cancel within a week and not be charged at all. So basically at least one free DVD rental. (You have to add 10 DVDs to your wish list or something, that's all.)

Anyway -- I'm gonna give it a try. If anyone needs an email addy to use that can then be closed off to block the spam, pm me. (If there is spam... I'll let you know soon if there is or not.)

http://www.freeipoduk.co.uk/index.php?REFID=182068
- If you're gonna give it a try, use this link.

If I get 5 referrals I'll let you know if it's a scam or not. I can't help but feel sceptical.

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
The US version is legit, my friend got his that way. Not sure about the UK one, but it seems like the exact same site as the US version.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
V. HOLD

1. Common Reasons for Being Placed on Hold

(a) Multiple accounts.

(b) Fraudulent referrals.

(c) Negative feedback from one of our affiliates or offers being completed and immediately canceled.

(d) More than one account at a user's shipping address.

(e) Posting information on a website, forum, or auction that has to do with "canceling the offers" included, but not limited to, cancellation phone numbers, cancellation time frames, and any encouragement or direction to cancel the offers after signing up with them.

(f) Any other reason or a combination of reasons at the sole discretion of FreeiPodUK.

--

Food for thought. Whoring yourself out for an item that can be cancelled for ANY REASON THEY CHOOSE.

Whatever happened to the old idea of working towards a goal?

-=[Demonio]=-

Filled all info out got to the last bit put 5 ppl's email addys in n got page cannot be displyed LMAO!! just my luck =/

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
Hmm. Completed the 2 offers-- you can't do it for free though.

The eBay one is simple... Just make sure you're signed out of eBay then click the offer link and make a fake account, then bid a stupidly low amount on something.

But the next one needs some money I think. I put a tenner onto that GameAccounts thing -- was quite fun losing it, lol. (Actually, waiting to see what my winnings are, I'll take them and run, whatever they may be.) - Quite an addictive feeling, head to head games for real cash.

But I think you can do the DVD rentals thing and cancel within the 7 day trial. Not get charged for offer.

It takes several days apparantly for them to acknowledge your offers as done too it seems... But if anyone is gonna give it a shot- you could just end up with a free Ipod - make sure you use MY link, lol. (I think I might actually manage it tbh.)

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
Updatage:

Well-- I've got 7 people now (and I've done the offers).

It takes ages to get credited once you've done them, so I have no idea how many (if any) of those 7 ppl have done the offers. (Well, I know my GF did, bcoz I made her, lol.)

Also -- woot- I spent £10 on the GameAccount offer, and they boosted it to £20, but wouldn't let me withdraw deposits, only winnings-- and I won £17.50 back - so I'm £7.50 up on doing the offers. :D (The eBay one costs nothing.)

- So whether I get enough for the i-pod or not, I can't really complain. :ppunk:

PS: Anyone who signed up through my link here do any offers?