FromHell 2.3 med rate.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Heaven and Hell

There has been an on going war between heaven and hell for centuries. The war has destroyed most of our world and what is left is practically ruins. There is no law anymore, there are no world leaders… Everyone is fighting for survival, everyone is out for them self… People from all over are having to prove their worth, prove that their lives be spared and that they are worthy warriors to fight for either heaven or hells cause… Each side offering their own advantages over the other and each side rewarding it’s fighters for proving their worth… Those who refuse to choose a side are slain and their bodies burnt to remind people that we are no longer in control… Both have their own motifs and both have different goals… There is rumour of an underground uprising… Rumour has it that this uprising ride, searching for anyone to kill, that they slay entire villages just to stop heaven and hell recruiting anyone else for their power struggle…

You awaken to find your village being attacked by a group of unknown horseback riders… You grab your sword and shield and venture outside. You see women and children being murdered… You let out a deathy scream. A horseback rider notices you and rides towards you. As he approaches you, you stab your sword in to the ground and grab your shield with with both hands and throw the heavy metal object towards the rider… The shield hits and knocks the rider of his horse… As the rider lays injured on the floor you grab your sword… You place your sword upon the downed riders throat… As you pull back your sword ready to end their life you feel a sharp pain in your chest… You look down and you see the top part of a sword sticking out through your chest… You can start to taste blood as you cough… You see blood dripping of the tip of the sword… You legs start to give out and you fall down to your knees… If you up and you see a sword coming towards your head…. Darkness…. For what feels like a lifetime…

You awaken to see a man standing above you. It feels like you are lying on a floor of hot coals… You hear screams in the distance… You sit up and look down to your chest, there is no blood no wound nothing… You stand to your feet…………….

Features

Super bosses
Once you have slain all the boss monsters of a dungeon and collected the parts of them you may venture forth and seek out the Dungeons Guardian. Once you have shown you have slayed all the bosses he will summon forth his Super Boss Pet to do battle, these super bosses contain riches and items beyond your imagination. Better than any items the normal bosses can drop.

Super Super Bosses
Once you have beaten all the Dungeon Guardians pets and collected the parts you shall seek out the Gate Keeper… Are you ready to face your ultimate challenge yet? Fame, riches and dungeons await those who can.

Spell Quest
You will be sent on a quest that only the greatest fighters can complete. Upon completion you will be rewarded with a choice… You will be given 1 spell from another class to learn… Not all spells are learnable. Are you a Tao who wondered what it would be like to wield the power of cross half moon? Are you a warrior who requires red poison? Are you a wizard that needs that little extra boost of AC?

Last man standing
For the start those who can prove their worth will be rewarded with guilds so they can recruit other warriors to follow them. Heaven or Hell, who will get rewarded? Which ever side wins last man standing the most in a weekly period will get a bonus for their side.

Gladiator PvP
This will be a GM run event and will be for at least 2 hours a week, depending how many people wish to participate. Players can register to become part of a Gladiatorial team. The teams will be 2v2, 3v3, 5v5. The team who is the top of each division each month will get points, with these points they can buy items, some of the best items in game that only the hardest bosses can drop.

Player housing
Monsters from all over the land can drop materials required to build a player house, your house can sit up to 10 players. Everyday house owners may spawn a random boss and will gain experience bonuses every day. There are other benefits but you will have to own a house to find out 

Para/Pro these will be very very rare.

Gems will be common, orbs will be rare.

No item name/stats the same as euro.

Unique start levelling kit.
Your starter kit will level as you level Every 5 levels your items will gain new stats. These will not be as good as the stats of items that drop from monsters but it will give unlucky players a chance to still compete.

Item levels and stats
Every 5 -10 levels you will have the chance for new items for example a level 30 normal item would be dc 1-7, a level 35 item dc 1-8, a level 40 item dc 1-9. However a rare item would be level 30 dc 1-9.

FF/Curse/TDB will be semi rare.

Daily exp bonus, every day players will gain a 30 min 20% exp increase.

Battle room
So your bored nothing much to do… Enter the battle room! Each room presents it’s challenge. Get to the end for the ultimate challenge and some very good items!

Custom maps
over 50% of the servers maps will be custom.

Bosses
There will be plenty of boss monsters in the game, no guilds will be able to have all the monsters on lock down so it will give every player/guild a chance to equip them selfs.

Monthly guild vs guild knock out tournament.

Item re modelling
These items are very rare but each monster has a chance of dropping a remodel potion. Should you have a really good stat armour but dislike the skin but you have a rubbish looking armour with rubbish stats, you can merge the two.

Tao and Wizard pet quests.
The higher you get the better monsters you can tame, hard to complete quests result in rewards.

Lots of quests for both Heaven and Hell.

PK Map
This will only be accessible by player killers. There will be monsters there that yield half exp of normal monsters.

Caves/Bosses/Super Bosses/Super Super Bosses to suit all levels.

Daily quests
Every day there will be quests depending on Heaven or Hell is what you will have to do…

Unique maps just for heaven and hell.

Hidden caves
Every cave/leveling place/dungeon will have several hidden tiles, one tile may take you to a room with exp mobs, 1 may take you to a room with a boss. One may take you to the same map but with harder mobs that yield more exp.

A lot of the above will be GM driven; currently it is just me working on this. I have more features but I need to test these before I start saying that they will be in game.

I hope to have a quick beta up in 2 weeks time, which will just contain the first 20 or so levels of the game. This will be purely for feed back and to see what direction people want the server to go.
Now while there is a heaven and hell idea this will not effect game play in the way of if your heaven you can’t group or be in a guild with hell. Both sides will have a different story line and different quest rewards. They will both have different skins on quest rewards and different color wings on quest reward items. Both sides can wear any items that drop.

I would give no ETA on time the actual server will be up. If I don’t get a large enough user base at the beta then I will not continue. I tried using 2.6 files with the assassin but the files I had were too buggy. The server will be hosted on a PC with
50 MB connection, [email protected] , 6 gig of ram, SSD. This will just be for the beta, if it does get a good user base then I will get this hosted on a UK based dedicated server.

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Define large usercount...

Also 2 weeks to have things ready for first...20lvls????

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Cheers al3x

Define large usercount...

Also 2 weeks to have things ready for first...20lvls????

Well for all the features I listed only having 10 users would be a bit pointless. Some of the bosses I am going to put in game will need to have min of 10 people.

I don't want to open up more than the first 20 levels to be honest, I guess I could do the first 30. The beta would be a wipe but it would be good to give me an idea where to go from there. And I'm spending about 5 hours a day making maps at the moment. Ideally would like it to be 100% unique and the maps are taking up most of my time if I'm honest.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Is it just me, or does a warrior with red poison at hand sound insanely over powering?

I can just see it now - Red pois - TDB - dead, I do hope you've thought out some balance for your server.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Normally heaven & hell servers dont work, but this one looks promising hope u do well with it good luck :]

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Is it just me, or does a warrior with red poison at hand sound insanely over powering?

I can just see it now - Red pois - TDB - dead, I do hope you've thought out some balance for your server.

That was an example, the final list will be decided once I get feed back. As it's TDs files I believe there is a delay on TDB?

It's why things like the beta will help I guess find balance and what not. Things like this are quick changes and if people don't like them I have no issue re thinking about what spells there are. The quest to do it will be a very long quest and will be hard to do also (will require groups for sure!)

:( On another note kori I wonder what that wiz spent my 900 mil on lol.

azzi thanks - it's hard to choose what sides to do and I wanted to try and add something a little different in terms of choosing a side and what it means.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
That was an example, the final list will be decided once I get feed back. As it's TDs files I believe there is a delay on TDB?

It's why things like the beta will help I guess find balance and what not. Things like this are quick changes and if people don't like them I have no issue re thinking about what spells there are. The quest to do it will be a very long quest and will be hard to do also (will require groups for sure!)

:( On another note kori I wonder what that wiz spent my 900 mil on lol.

azzi thanks - it's hard to choose what sides to do and I wanted to try and add something a little different in terms of choosing a side and what it means.

Ahh hello bud lol, I'm sure he's bought himself a brand new kit - then went and lost it. (lets hope)

Just making sure your server's nice and balanced lol, It could be quite interesting, deciding what spell to pick - means not everybody is going to be the same.

I've always liked heaven and hell, sounds epic.

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Ahh hello bud lol, I'm sure he's bought himself a brand new kit - then went and lost it. (lets hope)

Just making sure your server's nice and balanced lol, It could be quite interesting, deciding what spell to pick - means not everybody is going to be the same.

I've always liked heaven and hell, sounds epic.

Hell yea!

Yea, it's hard thinking about what spells to have to be honest, I like the idea of everyone being different, I don't want everyone to have the same spells so they got to be good spells you know, and you can only have one. Got loads of options, for example fbang for a warrior(hell) or icestorm(heaven) (just examples) very pvp orientated spells etc. But nothing too ground breaking.

Feedback welcome :D

Last edited:

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Hell yea!

Yea, it's hard thinking about what spells to have to be honest, I like the idea of everyone being different, I don't want everyone to have the same spells so they got to be good spells you know, and you can only have one. Got loads of options, for example fbang for a warrior(hell) or icestorm(heaven) (just examples) very pvp orientated spells etc. But nothing too ground breaking.

Feedback welcome :D

dunno but the spell combination beetwen classes would be abit unbalacing/stupid , thats why here are 3 classes for each to have a different purpose , warr-tank wizz-dmger tao-support if ull give warr mass attack spell or suport spells will totaly mess up things

u could do a spell upgrading for Heaven/Hell
Heaven - a more porwerfull ProtectionFiel
Hell - a more powerfull Rage
etc

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
It COULD work, and it COULD be pretty awesome. But you'd need to find a perfect balance, go through all the spells and pick out 3 from each class that seem suitable to be placed into another class - then think of ways how other class's would benefit and make sure it's not "overpowered" or, ruining the concept of mir lol.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2010
RaGEZONE
this idea is on alot of Lineage2 servers, they are well good, but im not sure if you can make it work. are you going to let people decide what sid ethey want to be on? and what else can they do except fight each side?

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
this idea is on alot of Lineage2 servers, they are well good, but im not sure if you can make it work. are you going to let people decide what sid ethey want to be on? and what else can they do except fight each side?

Never played Lineage2, really wish I had.

I will give it a damned good try!

Basically there will be several quests as a low level, once you reach level 10 you will have a choice of which side you want to go. You will have to complete a quest and then you will be welcomed to the ranks of which ever side you choose. Both races will share the same home zone (much like BW)

See it's hard, what is there to do in mir?

Both sides will have a unique story line for each one, both races will have access to unique boss monsters, so for arguments sake heaven boss will drop helm and brace and hells boss will drop necklace and ring. Different quest rewards. Different pet skins for wizards, also toying with the idea of like what al3x said... But will need to see how the numbers pan out. Different super bosses etc.

So say a Heaven Warrior might get pro wall, a Hell warrior will get rage (Please don't take this as gospel as I am aware that this will be hugely unbalanced)

Just trying to make a few different things.

The balance side of thing will be hard in that a whole guild might go hell etc. I will think about this but my way to combat this would be for argument sake Hell out number heaven 7/3. All heaven people would get a bonus, weather its exp, attack speed etc to make new players wish to go that way.

Like I said, there is a lot of work I wish to do and a lot of things I need to test.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2010
RaGEZONE
imo, make 2 diffrent worlds. (provinces) and the only way they can get into other teams province is to find a random NPC in there province, and if they kill a member of oposite team, give them gamegold. To buy items to improve themself (Bit like Aion)

If i had the time to help or even make a server like this on my own it wud be good if you do it right.

make there a meaning to the 2 sides

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
imo, make 2 diffrent worlds. (provinces) and the only way they can get into other teams province is to find a random NPC in there province, and if they kill a member of oposite team, give them gamegold. To buy items to improve themself (Bit like Aion)

If i had the time to help or even make a server like this on my own it wud be good if you do it right.

make there a meaning to the 2 sides

Yea I like that idea of what you said much like rifting in Aion. The only problem is it would only work with a high user count. With 10 people it wont really work but I like your ideas.

Shame you don't have time mate, you are right though it would be very good if done right.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Yea I like that idea of what you said much like rifting in Aion. The only problem is it would only work with a high user count. With 10 people it wont really work but I like your ideas.

Shame you don't have time mate, you are right though it would be very good if done right.

Tbh with idea's like that it could be very successful, I mean ur at least looking of minimum 30-40 users - and if it's successful well beyond that if it attracts pvpers and PK'ers.

hegewes123

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jun 25, 2009

warr with red pois +tdb + fs =dead ? tell already is warr ..low sc .. did the red pois will hold long ? relax m8

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
i think he wanna say that if the tao has low sc the war doesn't dies from red poison + tdb + fs ...