Funky bug :/

Join Discord

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
For some reason all of a sudden ive started getting some funky results everytime i login. First off i logged in and i had a firebloodsword with insanely added stats +250 curse +134 luck +135 poison etc etc

And just now i logged on and i am now missing all of my skills.

No errors come up on the m2server of dbserver, any ideas? :S

[edit] My bad im getting these errors:

Dbserver is coming up with 'Error 8'

Server Started...
Gate connected
-- SQL KeepAlive
[UPDATE CHAR] total time: 29079
Gate disconnected
Gate connected

M2server:

[09/10/2007 22:17:52] [RunDB] Save DB Timed Out...
[09/10/2007 22:18:00] [RunDB] Save DB Timed Out...
[09/10/2007 22:18:08] [RunDB] Save DB Timed Out...
[09/10/2007 22:18:13] [RunDB] Save DB Timed Out...
[09/10/2007 22:18:15] [RunDB] Save DB Timed Out...
[09/10/2007 22:18:16] [RunDB] Save DB Timed Out...

Il do a search for them as before i didnt realise i was getting any errors :P

[another edit -.- ]
Okay so the save db timed out is down to resources, but i still cant find anything to do with gaining items and losing skills. Anyhelp would be appreciated :( Feels like im talking to myself.

Last edited:

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
Well restarted server and sorted out the [09/10/2007 22:17:52] [RunDB] Save DB Timed Out... problem. But logged into an empty bag (when it was full)

I have no idea why this is happening, Tried searching but its not coming up with anything *sighs* Could do with some help please :[

It's weird, when i go on the dbserver and and go on the data manager. It says i have all my skills and the items in my bag. Yet when i log in i have no items anymore and i only have fencing which i taught myself after all my skills dissapeared.

The only changes i made before all this **** started was a simple npc :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
just go into sql and clear all the char info, ie, user items,etc it looks like the savedb timeouts mean that data is not being saved in the sql database hence why your bag is empty,

otherwise, clear the char info in sql and delete the hum.db iddb, etc and start the char again

rundb time outs are caused by a lack of resources normally when your hosting and paying on the same machine, 2.3 files consume alot of ram and cpu usage, sql consumes a fair bit aswell and if you play on the same machine then all the cpu ram etc will be maxed out.

and in future can you edit your first post.

Upvote 0

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
just go into sql and clear all the char info, ie, user items,etc it looks like the savedb timeouts mean that data is not being saved in the sql database hence why your bag is empty,

otherwise, clear the char info in sql and delete the hum.db iddb, etc and start the char again

rundb time outs are caused by a lack of resources normally when your hosting and paying on the same machine, 2.3 files consume alot of ram and cpu usage, sql consumes a fair bit aswell and if you play on the same machine then all the cpu ram etc will be maxed out.

and in future can you edit your first post.

Yeah, sorry bout that :(

I worked out the rundb error, il try clearing the char db as you said, do you have any idea what could of caused this? So i can prevent it happening again :]

Upvote 0

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
not enough resources to save the data to the sql database, is there any errors showing in the dbserver ?

or any sql errors in the m2server ?

Upvote 0

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
Do you happen to do the @level -1 thing to make youl lvl 65535?
Noticed when I do that anything you do after isn't saved when you log back on.

Upvote 0

Me_F0h_Teh_Win

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
Do you happen to do the @level -1 thing to make youl lvl 65535?
Noticed when I do that anything you do after isn't saved when you log back on.

nope :)

Its okay now , i think it was mainly down to the dbserver not getting the resources it needed. I was also pretty tired when making my thread/posts so please ignore the retardness :(

Upvote 0