Garden State

Join Discord

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
It’s a film for movie lovers and Zach Braff fans alike, although not mutually exclusive(!)

The direction is superb , lots of wide angle pans and some really interesting cinematography , especially the arc scene. I cannot understand those that do not find it humorous, some of the gags and one liners are subtle but really well executed.

The soundtrack is fantastic but there’s a lot more to than a few decent tunes , the choice of track is subtle.

Natalie Portman was a wonderful choice and plays a difficult role to perfection as she pulls off the' girl next door' stereotype. She holds restraint in the final scenes where lesser actors would have buckled under the growing sentimentality.

Writing ,directing and starring a motion picture is a mammoth task. I believe Braff has managed to hit two out of three. The direction has the touch of an experienced hand and script is almost bulletproof. However , Braff will struggle to distance himself from JD or Scrubs. WE expect Dr.Cox to appear at any moment to berate 'newbie'.

The screenplay is unobtrusive and flows well throughout. The ending lacks abit, without spoiling it, it lacks the originality so prominent earlier in the movie. It seems forced and the chemistry between the two fades somewhat.

Overall ,an excellent film. Due to its delayed release it’s now available on DVD while still at cinema. Well worth a look 5/5

BH

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
illumin8 said:
dling it now i love scrubs and i cant wait to see this.

it is NOTHING like scrubs it is as faw away from it as you can get

its abit like enternal sunshine of a spotless mind its that type of love story

if you like Lost in Translation and Enternal Sunshine then you will like Garden State