Gate opening problems

cristi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2005
hmmmmm Dublin
Hello I've been trying to make a sever on my comp using the defualt ip
everything works fine expect i cant get gates 1 and 2 to open
only gate 0 will open and if i change the ports for login gate and slechar gate they will open for .5 seconds then close then open then close but they stay closed for about 2 misn then open for .5 second. any idea what ports i might have to use or if something isnt setup right becuase with their reguar ports they dont open.. version 1.4 mir 2

Last edited:

Dizon

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2006
A screen shot would help us here im a little rust with 1.4 but a screenshot would perhaps help us awnser your question

Thanks

Suggestions:Wipe the char and id data bases , check all your ips and server name

Thats all i can think of without a screenshot and this time of the morning >.<

cristi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2005
hmmmmm Dublin
I fixed the problem took about 3 hours but i have anothe problem. When ever i try to edit a mob or item i get this error saying it cant write to the file and file is un writeable to..
error.JPG

if you know were i can get an editable one or w/e that would help much ty. Note this onyl happens when i try to save any edits no problems reading the file..

Onuris

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 23, 2006
Romania, Timisoara
ye u need to set up BDE administrator. U need to install Borland Database Edition. After u did that, go to Control Panel -> BDE Administration, then create a new STANDARD database called HeroDB and edit Path to the folder in which ur Monster, Item and Magic db are into. Let's say C:\mirsrv\Mir200\DB ...after that click Apply and ur all done.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
erm Onuris... if BDE wasn't setup, Cristi wouldn't be able to see the databases - which the screenshot clearly shows their visibility.

@Cristi
See the post by Blaminator here;
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=103607&postcount=5
Or night here;
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=373208&postcount=4

Or in nicer instructions here;
u need to open the std items in DB_Commander... then do the following
- Utilities
- Index Info
- Left Table
- Double click Idx
- Tick Unique box (dunno if this is needed tho)
- Press add
- the the green OK, button then it should save without hassle

Search is a wonderful thing ;)
/Leo

cristi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2005
hmmmmm Dublin
Next question... How do I set up my server live that other people can join. The only thing i've been able to do it host it so that people on my router can join. But what about through the internet? I've put in my local ip, not sure what global ip is... unless that is the ip you get from whatismyip.com then im not sure. Even when i did that people could not join it even from my router. My router ip is for this is 192.168.254.2 but my internet ip was 74.133.43.152 yet it was not acceable, I have unpnp opened and dmz on my router. So i believe all ports are opened considering people can get on through halo. If you know how to set up a siemens 5200 speedstream for it I would appreciate it. and i have already read http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31517

this did not help But as well not sure what global ip is..

Dizon

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2006
www.whatismyip.com is your global ip adress also search for "hosting over the lan" posted by senture its a sticky too it fully explains how to setup your server for online use.