Gcse's are not what one expects?

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
I had 3 of my GCSE's last week and i can say they were easy, then i expected well music was the hardest but that was too be expected as im sure no one on this forum can say that they listen to Bach, Glass and other 17th century composers and can easily point out who the symphony was made by. Anyways for ICT i got a old paper from 2004 and it was foundation and i found the question extremly hard, and i revised like hell for ict the hardest things i could get my hand on (had a 200page booklet). Needless to say when i done my 1st actual tests i had questions like :

"Sarah wishes to uses the internet on finding information about her local cinema, how does she do this? [6marks] "

Or

[Why would people monitor a lake using computers instead of monitoring it manually? [6marks]

Although most of the questions were similar to this, i still thing i done wrong on some of them as i failed to answer the easiest questions, if that makes sence. "Whats a folder" i know what it is, just didnt know how to explain it that its a directory etc, it was 1 mark but there you go lol.

Is it just me that thinks that when you are at school teachers give high marks if you're work is uber?. E.g for stuff such as english where you dont require much basic language and dont require to tick a list, max id get in english is a C and for my mock test i received a E yet when i re-done the real one i got a B. Point im trying to make are gcse's getting easier as year pass? You revise and look at papers from old years and when you actually do you're gcse's it seem much easier.