Gefore128MB FX5200 Help.

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
I've bought a new Geforce FX5200 128MB Nvidia card, i remove my old one from my Mobo, add the new one to the brown slot, re-start my PC and it say's 'found new hardware' so i install the drivers Via the CD-ROM all is good up untill then, i re-boot my pc then i click on My account 'Stan' and the screen just crashes , the mouse stops moving; the second time trying to installing my New card after drivers installed and a re-boot i clicked my Account 'Stan' and i saw lots of rectangle shaped box's all accross my screen like something had crashed (im sure blam posted something like this about a game he was playing).

1. Ive tried installing the drivers from both the CD and ive downloaded them off the NVIDIA site.
2. I remove the nvidia drivers after each install attempt.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help, thanks.

Stan

Last edited:

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
Ive downloaded that program cleaned the nvidia drivers, restarted my pc, then turned it off, put the new card in, then booted up, installed the drivers, then re-booted, i click my account 'Stan' and it crashes still.

I have it on 'run from AGP' in Bio's and my card's a AGP card so thats ok, my old card was a PCI one, does this matter, and am i doing the above properlly ?

Stan

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
Ill try it with the same card in.

Screen :

When i have a choice on which account to boot up e.g

My account - Stan
My brothers account - Paul

I choose mine and it crashes.

Stan

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
Ive tried with the new card in, still crashes after wiping drivers, cleaning with that proggy and re-booting then installing drivers.

Its brand new i bought it off ebay it was packaged and everything.

Pauls account also crashes.

Stan

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
try changing the setting to true color 16 bit sounds like ur trying to run it under 265k color's.

try that im sure that should work.

use ur old card to do so then once uv applyed the setting replace the old card with ur new 1 then restart ur comp.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Ive tried with the new card in, still crashes after wiping drivers, cleaning with that proggy and re-booting then installing drivers.

Its brand new i bought it off ebay it was packaged and everything.

Pauls account also crashes.

Stan

So, it DOESN'T CRASH when the drivers ARE NOT installed? i.e. windows default vga. Define crashing too.

DayWalker™

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2004
Middlesbrough ! Smoggy!
Yeah urban it doesnt crash with default VGA compatible driver's but then when i install the new drivers i reboot then it crashes, I mean crash as in, mouse stop's working, screen freeze's and lots of funny colour appear on the screen.

Stan

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
Yeah urban it doesnt crash with default VGA compatible driver's but then when i install the new drivers i reboot then it crashes, I mean crash as in, mouse stop's working, screen freeze's and lots of funny colour appear on the screen.

Stan

try doing wot i posted above bud see if that works or not

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire
i had this problem yearrssss ago with a GeForce 4 MX440 128mb was incompatible with PC Chips **** mobo

i just asumed it would work as the mobo had a AGP x4 slot

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Well stan, you have the same g card as me, and i now have the same problem as you.

Mine worked before, then it started playing up when i down-graded my drivers to the older drivers (had to do this because my updated drivers wouldnt display any movies properly via windows media player). So i formated my PC, the graphics card worked fine until i installed the correct drivers from disc. The screen started flashing on and off (black screen), and then there were blacked out box's (programs which were opening but wouldnt display properly), then eventually the start button would just go completly green without the word "start" on it, and i had to turn my PC off by the power button -_-

At the moment i am using my old graphics card, but i am going to try that program which urban has posted above and see what happens. As soon as i find a fix, well if i can ill let you know m8 :)

P.S. Sorry for the long paragraphs, and sorry if that dont make sense, i am rushing to type this because i am trying to solve my problem asap :P

EDIT: I forgot to say, its nothing to do with the graphics card itself, it is definatly a problem with the drivers because earlier i had one of thoughs "send error report" box's pop up saying that my nividia drivers are causing my systems instability, well it said something like that :P

Last edited:

Onuris

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 23, 2006
Romania, Timisoara
I've bought a new Geforce FX5200 128MB Nvidia card, i remove my old one from my Mobo, add the new one to the brown slot, re-start my PC and it say's 'found new hardware' so i install the drivers Via the CD-ROM all is good up untill then, i re-boot my pc then i click on My account 'Stan' and the screen just crashes , the mouse stops moving; the second time trying to installing my New card after drivers installed and a re-boot i clicked my Account 'Stan' and i saw lots of rectangle shaped box's all accross my screen like something had crashed (im sure blam posted something like this about a game he was playing).

1. Ive tried installing the drivers from both the CD and ive downloaded them off the NVIDIA site.
2. I remove the nvidia drivers after each install attempt.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help, thanks.

Stan
not sure but try to reinstall the o.s