glbal ip

smoochy boys on tour

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
i was just reading one of rangars guides but got confused

what is thee difference between ur globlal ip and norm ip?, and how i find out my global ip?

/dano

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Generally, when people are talking about your global IP, they are referring to the IP provided to you by your ISP (internet IP). Example is 81.13.7.44.211 - You can find yours by going to places like http://whatsmyip.org/. This lets people identify your machine/router over the internet.

The other types of IP address are local, and network. Your local IP, is that which is used to address your machine, from your machine (its also called a loopback address) - typically 127.0.0.1

The network IP, is an IP which identifies you on the local network and NO WHERE else. You get network IPs where you have things like a router with a wireless laptop and wired computer. Example of a network address is 192.168.0.1. To get yours, you go to Start -> Run and type CMD (and press enter). Inside the command box, type IPCONFIG.

Good luck
/Leo

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
cheers leo so basicly a global ip is the same ip as you would have with a normal modem.. awsoem help. problem definatly solved :D

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
if your not connected to anything at all (no ethernet / wireless) your ip will be 169.***.***.***

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
if your not connected to anything at all (no ethernet / wireless) your ip will be 169.***.***.***

WRONG!. If you have a network connection that doesn't have a DHCP server (normally on routers) or staticly (sp?) configured by the network administrator, then it automatically assigns 169.254.***.***