Global Warming?

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Anyone have any hardcore veiws on global warming? I think its a sack of crap and this planet is more than awesome enough to somehow heal itself anyway. Also I would like to state that I want NO SPAM whatsoever in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
"Global Warming" is the planets way of healing itself

every so often the planet goes through a cycle, warm to cold to warm to cold
Yes we as a race by taking from the planet have helped to speed this up
but the planet is just doing what it normally does

BH

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
global warming is cool it makes the summers hotter and the winters colder, that's good because extreme weather is kool

2pac

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2006
i personaly dont like extreme weather...:( im my town its over 40 C on day...thats very hot :((

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
It's all part of nature, as babyhack said, we are just helping to speed it up.

I'm not sure about the hole in the ozone layer though, i believe it's not meant to be there, and we may have caused it to >.<. Can it be fixed/repaired is the question.

/Ash

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
i believe its a load of BS tbh :)

*agrees with BH*

the holes in the ozone with probs repair in their own time if they aren't a load of BS aswell :)

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Holes in the Ozone layer are defiantely there, an unlike global warming their existance has been proven and recreated by scientific experiment and fact. The Ozone layer is comprised of O3 molecules (3 oxygen atoms) which ironically are more harmful to humans than regular CO2 (acrbon dioxide). What happens is CFC gases would interact with the O3, and the cemical reaction would pull the molecules apart and in the long run so much O3 was destroyed that this hole occured.

Since CFC's have been more or less banned from use now because of this, the holes themselves will begin to recover, and as an extra twist, things like cars and fuel burning machines do admit a small amount of O3.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
"Global Warming" is the planets way of healing itself

every so often the planet goes through a cycle, warm to cold to warm to cold
Yes we as a race by taking from the planet have helped to speed this up
but the planet is just doing what it normally does

BH

i 100% agree with this comment BUT not enough is know to say its a cycle or that we are messing up the planet its all guesstimating.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Global warming is a fact, you've all admited it - as to whether it can or will be repaired is another matter....it's a subject far bigger than me to predict or suggest the outcome.

Ice ages are also part of the normal cycle of the earth, does that mean we are heading slowly and unalteringly towards another one Babyhack?

:)

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
all i know is oil is running out so i want to get the fun of driving in and out of the way lol and if another ice age is on the way bring on the fun of trams on the front of ur car, or we cld be heading towards the situation of (although is a film) the day after tomoro.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Global warming is a fact, you've all admited it - as to whether it can or will be repaired is another matter....it's a subject far bigger than me to predict or suggest the outcome.

Ice ages are also part of the normal cycle of the earth, does that mean we are heading slowly and unalteringly towards another one Babyhack?

:)

Most people here haven't "admitted" to global warming being a fact. The majority beleive its a natural occurance and not a human activity induced chage.

There have been ice ages and hot periods in the past, and scientists had almost no information on possible causes. Recently its been revealed that "Sun Spot" activity is at a 1000 year high, ironically, temperatures are reaching record numbers as well. Studying the ice in Greenland also revealed that ice ages occured when sunspot acitivity was very very low.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Let me clarify, global warming is both a natural and and artificial occurance - hence everyone has admitted it exists. Even if you have not accepted it's true, it is still as much a fact of life as we need air, food and water to survive.

The real question is have we, the human race, made it artificially worse and if we have does the natural order of things have the ability to heal this unnatural part of global warming or do we have to help nature.

http://green.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/gw-overview.html?source=G2300&kwid=global%20warming|780841765

And yes the effects of global warming will occur in most peoples lifetimes, I've seen noticable changes in the last decade.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Almost all info on global warming is speculation. Sure its gotten a bit hotter since the industrial revolution, but nobody can work out how much. It could be proven in future years that our influence was negligible, and cosmic effects such as sunspots, and solar winds had most of the influence.

Still want extra proof? Dinosaurs were reptiles, cold blooded, and heavily relied on the sun and heat to survive, yet they managed to thrive around the entire globe, meaning it must have been pretty hot back then, and since creatures that size probably couldn't hibernate succesfully, Id be willing to bet the winters werent exactly cold.