[CD3.55] GM permissions but not in adminlist.txt?

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
An ex GM has managed to get admin permissions on my server without being in adminlist.txt, does anyone know how this is possible please? there msut be another field for it or somehting?

dagras

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
maybes check all databases and remove GM from name if he had GM<name> failing that and if reloadadmin dont work could try making new admin.txt and restore that

Upvote 0

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
its quite easy done tbh i know first hand that rich aka lyncus yes a main admin on lomcn had @addnamelist set on a npc to add and remove gm powers. and its so easy to hide could be on any npc in game ass it could be hidden sp that he/she only has to click pot npc to do it

heres what u do geo wipe that charr from DB, IP ban the retard, then run a scan on all npc files for that char's name as well as @addnamelist.

just a little hint check mobs drop files for any hidden items that should not be there

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
iv scanned the full envir etc and there was no trace, as you said though it could be done with variables which would nearly be untraceable,
I had a feeling a while back that he may be able to access my server though even though iv changed pass etc, so i blocked the RDCP port but now i have another GM so iv had to unblock it, does anyone know if theres a way to hack rdcp or something?

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
addnamelist sounds like a plausible way of doing it. just search inside the npcs for all addnamelist commands, you can't have too many.

Upvote 0