Good ol' days

smoochy boys on tour

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
Ive made a recent return to mir and i have noticed that servers are abit thin on ground (yes b4 u flame i no this has been mentioned) so i have downloaded most of the servers out atm and play them and none of them seem too match the oldtime greats like Extigy and Death (just two in long line of greats) some of u might think those servers sucked but all of this imo. None of the servers up atm have the feel that mir used to have (if u been playing from start ull understand that) so any way i was just wondering does ne 1 else feel this way?

(forgive me if sound like a tw@ and u think this thread is pontless)

Last edited:

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
It isn't new the feel and excitement of the game has gone and wont return, face it mir is dead on it's arse lol.

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
Yeh ur probably right :*( wish it was just as good as it used to be

liam05

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2005
>DMX< said:
It isn't new the feel and excitement of the game has gone and wont return, face it mir is dead on it's arse lol.
cudnt of sed it better

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
How can you say its dead when new things come out all the time? I think you guys just need to find a new game if this doesn't excite you.:agree:

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
NickAKAVexus said:
How can you say its dead when new things come out all the time? I think you guys just need to find a new game if this doesn't excite you.:agree:

Thats the problem with mir no matter how much i dont like it no other game can compete with it in my eye's im just to use to mir as its the 1st online game i played and will be the last.

Yea update's get added but it's still the same old thing's once the update's have been seen then the hype has gone.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Mir did use to have a better feel, and i know the loss of it has been down to lack of excitment and entertainment in the game recently. But i do feel that private servers have never been the correct feel of Mir.

I find that euro mir has always felt more right to the legend of mir game than any other private server ever has.

I do however feel that new things added or being added in the future of mir euro and private servers have become too cartoony, some new armours and items in the korean mirs just look really silly oh and some of the mobs just dont fit right in the legend of mir scenario. Dont know if anyone feels the same as me, but thats how i feel.

Dont think i will start playing mir again, but i still enjoy talking and hearing about new things coming out for it for some reason :S

/Tofas

P.s i do feel that some people started playing Mir befor they started playing other MMO's, this leading to having a knowlegde of legend of mir then going to different games feel wrong, u just dont know whats going off, and thats why people go back or stay at legend of mir rather than move on. Its such a easy game to play.

Last edited:

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
hey i kno this is a late post but mir isnt dead its just now u get high stats and low life mobs and can kill every think at lvl 35. no server offers a challenge atm which means we get bored v easy an then we want to do something about it but we kno we cnt. the lvling experiance in mir now is all messed up so ppl r usin exp like 1k per mob so its easy to lvl up as on every server there is a exp mob. no good boss's in no more like WT used to b hard to kill on every server now on servers WT and even ZT cnt even hit u so the only thing that can hit u is a MK. wot we need is a few more servers like RM stats for a challenge and to keep us interested.

my opinion

/Neptune God Of The Sea...

-Raz0rfang-

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 30, 2006
Banned
That's what my new server is looking to do, A challenge to level, challenge to kill mobs etc etc. But yeah, not very many good servers out atm.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Back in 2002 (something like that) PC were not as powerfull and a game such as Mir while not ground breaking Fitted in - esp as people probably played Diablo etc. How many times can you chuck together a set of files, shove it online and get the same crowd (which it is essentially) playing it over and over again?? The 2D Enviroment (which is essentially Sprite based) does not lend itself to extending the game too far. People eventually get sick to death of the game (as with any game) and move on - Anyone here still playing Wolfenstien day in, day out??
thumb-wolf3d-01.jpg
(This one btw not RTCW kk)

Slowly but surely people will move on, servers will get lower numbers and the game will eventually die as each generation expects More out of there MMORPG such as 3D for example - wooo

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
yer but like ppl of said they alrdy feel that mir is alrdy dieing off for them if they have a challenge then that might keep them occupied if u kno wot i mean? like u said bout the 2d gammin i still play old games like sonic and mystic quest an zelda there all still good

hitndrun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 11, 2006
The Netherlands
stephenking said:
w8 2 weeks till my server is up youll get the improved euromir feeling back :P:P

Init bro our server gonna rock and be so diffrent from other casual Private servers as IMO most r a bit all off the same except for Projects 69 That server Rocks and got its own Theme "GD JOB SCORP:agree: "

Still we bring a new breeze thru mir :P open for "Public" Test soon

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
hitndrun said:
Init bro our server gonna rock and be so diffrent from other casual Private servers as IMO most r a bit all off the same except for Projects 69 That server Rocks and got its own Theme "GD JOB SCORP:agree: "

Still we bring a new breeze thru mir :P open for "Public" Test soon

i iz gunna get my posse to play it. coz it is sounding BO.

I do know what you saying though. I remember running around oma caves on euro hearing rumours of the dreaded 'bone elite' some big red monster.

My first trip to wooma temple with my guild even getting my dad in to come see it.

Those days are gone.

but i still enjoy mir.