Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
i can't remember where i see it before? software called vpn or vps or something???? if some one know's please say. thank you

p.s recommend something you think is good aswell.

:D

Dizon

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2006
Dont use vnc its really crap and not worth useing slow ect and i found it eventually slowed my pc up every windows OS machine comes with a progam called Remote Desktop Connection search google about info on it and how to set it up its prrtty basic and easy to use and bug free.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
www.realvnc.com is the one you are refferring to.

There is nothing wrong with VNC and no it doesn't slow down your computer as some dilbert stated before -.- . All those others, i have only tried PCAnywhere i think, and as far as i can remember, it blew.

Microsoft remote desktop i use when i have to access stuff on a LAN, VNC i use when i have to access stuff over the internat.

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
free and works well for me, www.logmein.com, get the logmeinfree product,, software needs to be installed and enabled on each pc that you want to access, but easy to use, and each pc has its own access password, after you have logged into the site.

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
VNC is free.. from the right places. - Does NOT slow your PC.
Both that and RDC are good choices.
However VNC does come with a java viewer, useful.

Zion-Servers

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Sheffield(S2)
Dont use vnc its really crap and not worth useing slow ect and i found it eventually slowed my pc up every windows OS machine comes with a progam called Remote Desktop Connection search google about info on it and how to set it up its prrtty basic and easy to use and bug free.
Are you joking or what.

Vnc is way fatser than RDP and it doesnt slow ur pc down as it doesnt use much resource once its running.

sean said:
VNC is free.. from the right places. - Does NOT slow your PC.
Both that and RDC are good choices.
However VNC does come with a java viewer, useful.
Vnc is free and always has been free.
http://www.realvnc.com

Dizon

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2006
Are you joking or what.

Vnc is way fatser than RDP and it doesnt slow ur pc down as it doesnt use much resource once its running.

Vnc is free and always has been free.
http://www.realvnc.comhttp://www.realvnc.com

i shud hope vnc is better than "RDP" no such thing lol... i found that vnc did slow my pc donw when it was installed for some reason. Anyway Remote Desktop Connection is the way.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
i shud hope vnc is better than "RDP" no such thing lol... i found that vnc did slow my pc donw when it was installed for some reason. Anyway Remote Desktop Connection is the way.
I'm pretty sure the problem isn't in the program, rather in the user(you).

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
i can't remember where i see it before? software called vpn or vps or something???? if some one know's please say. thank you

p.s recommend something you think is good aswell.
:D

VNC is the one your looking for, altho another one to add to the list that i use, is "RAdmin"

RDC Is really only usefl on servers, or XP Machines with the gay-ass welcome screen. (Altho in both cases it makes the user login as a separate account not the currently active one). If i remember correctly RDC doesn't allow you to view/interact with the current session, which makes it not practical in some cases.

i shud hope vnc is better than "RDP" no such thing lol....
RDP is the protocol for RDC.

shaunmarsh

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 12, 2013
VPN is a secured channel of accessing office network. However, it speed becomes slow or sometimes it does not work from various hotels, airports, railway stations etc. where VPN usage and internet traffic is high. It is always a better solution to use 3rd party remote support services such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC, on premise RHUB Turbo Support appliances etc. in order to allow remotely access computers over internet.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
^^ really shaunmarsh? your first post here is bringing up a useless 7 year old thread? I dislike you already.

shaunmarsh

LOMCN Leecher
Apr 12, 2013
VPN is a secured channel of accessing office network. However, it speed becomes slow or sometimes it does not work from various hotels, airports, railway stations etc. where VPN usage and internet traffic is high. It is always a better solution to use 3rd party remote support services such as logmeinrescue, gosupportnow, GoToMyPC, on premise RHUB Turbo Support appliances etc. in order to allow remotely access computers over internet.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Obviously a spam bot or something considering he posted the same thing twice.. -_-

Thread closed me thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.