Good Server Hosts

Join Discord

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
hi all,

I bought a server from krypt there support was ok but the server reboots every so often. so im looking for a new server specs are bellow, i will go upto about £80 a month no more.

Proc 3.0
1gb Ram
Allows sql
Windows 2003 standard edition.

if anyone knows a company they have been with before could you post feedback.

/mirlin6

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
dunno what your looking for whether it be in the US or UK
but if its the US, www.theplanet.com is the best to go with, they have 24/7 live support on chat/phone, and are the worlds largest datacenter. prices are good too.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
hi all,

I bought a server from krypt there support was ok but the server reboots every so often. so im looking for a new server specs are bellow, i will go upto about £80 a month no more.

Proc 3.0
1gb Ram
Allows sql
Windows 2003 standard edition.

if anyone knows a company they have been with before could you post feedback.

/mirlin6

Think you will have the same issue with any host with the server rebooting every so often, it auto reboots when there is an exe error, you can turn this off and should stop the reboots.

However if you still insist on a new host i have a server with alphafrag.

www.alphafrag.co.uk

Specification

Intel P4 3.0Ghz Hyperthreaded
2048 Megs DDR Ram
80 Gig 70rpm hard drive
Choice of Operating system (Win xp-pro or linux)
Either Remote Desktop or shell access
Connection: 10 Gig Dark Fibre interlink
For £80 per month

Specification

Intel P4 2.8Ghz
2048 Megs DDR2 Ram
80 Gig 70rpm hard drive
Choice of Operating system (Win XP-Pro or Server2003)
Direct Remote Desktop access
Connection: 10 Gigabit Dark Fibre interlink (100mbit dedicated port)

For £65 per month

They are a UK host, i get an average ping of < 20ms they are only a 2 man team but you can usually contact them via msn and have any issue sorted within a matter of minutes.

Hope these will help you.

Last edited:

Ingeronic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2004
I was looking for a host as well, gotta say Karl's looks good. No setup fees and 2 Gig webspace on top of what he said already. So thanks :).

BTW, his problem i think was it rebooting every day at a certain time. He works nights so could not be around to fix it every day.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Oh yes, forgot to mention the 2 gig space unlimited bandwith that comes with the server lol.

Oh, word of advice, if you order, take the £50 server, its been upgraded to 2gb ram this week at some point, just seen it on server forums.

PureKill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2007
United Kingdom
i was with kcript for 3 months and had no problems most site i looked at cost u an extra 25-40 a month for xp these did it for a one time fee of 25$

there surport is best around never had to w8 mor than an hour for help

most problem settings which os is it using 2003 ?? 2000 ?? or xp

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
1. Click Start and Open the Control Panel
2. Go to System and Maintenance, Click on System.
3. Select Advanced System Settings and choose Advance tab.
4. Under Startup and Recovery, click on Settings.
5. Under System failure uncheck Automatically restart

That should stop your server restarting when you get stop errors.

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
How do you stop servers from automatically logging you off? (Happens about 5 mins after you log off remote desktop) not for me but a freind.

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
How do you stop servers from automatically logging you off? (Happens about 5 mins after you log off remote desktop) not for me but a freind.

Right click a blank area of the Desktop | Properties | Screensaver. Uncheck
the box for on resume show the Welcome Screen.

This works on windows XP havent got a server with windows 2003 running so not sure if it will work on there but id assume its the same, this will however compromise security of your server.

PureKill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 27, 2007
United Kingdom
best to run servers from xp or 2000 as win 2003 sucks.

if chaging settings dont work ask them to format to 2000 and then try they did it for me any way

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
best to run servers from xp or 2000 as win 2003 sucks.

if chaging settings dont work ask them to format to 2000 and then try they did it for me any way

What makes you say windows 2k3 sucks? The majority of hosts nowadays dont allow anything other than windows 2003 purely because of its reliabilty and security. Ive never had a problem with windows 2003 although as a server base i still prefer windows 2000, im not sure why but its nothing to do with windows 2003 sucking.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
I was tryin to help someone on Win 2k3 the other night and i tried literally everything but i couldnt get it working, maybe it was the machine as people have said but i've use alot of OS's and win2k3 is only 1 i've ever had a problem on.