Got myself a new laptop @ a silly price!

smoochy boys on tour

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Dell had a misprint on their website. Got this mfker for £320 plus i got 10% cashback coming too!

Laptop: Vostro 3550 BTS Dell-Vostro-3550.jpg

Base
Vostro 3550 BTS : Config FCG42UK
Memory
4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
Keyboard
... Internal Backlit Keyboard
Video Card
AMD Radeon™ HD 6630M 1GB Graphic
Hard Drive
500GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
Operating System
Genuine Windows® 7 Professional (64 BIT) with Recovery DVD
CD ROM/DVD ROM
8X DVD+/-RW Drive including software
Wireless
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 (1x2 b/g/n+ Bluetooth Combo Card)
Bundle
N05S5511
Standard Warranty
1 Year Collect and Return
Enhanced Service Packs
1Yr ProSupport and Next Business Day On-Site Service
Primary Battery
Primary 6-cell 48 WHr Lithium Ion battery
Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-2410M 2.3GHz
Camera
Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera
Color Choice
LCD Back Cover : Silver
LCD
15.6 inch High Definition LED Display (1366 x 768) with anti-glare
Microsoft Application Software
Microsoft® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook
CompleteCare
Declined Accidental Damage offer
Protect your new PC
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services, 15-month
Power Supply
90W AC Adaptor
Biometric Identification
Palmrest : Fingerprint Reader Biometric

Dell corrected the error but honored the sale but now have now put it on special offer price reduction of £150 off so you can now pick it up for £640 for a few days then it goes back up to £800.

Crysis 2 on this spec but resolution is higher in the video than what i can support so I should get increased fps slightly.
[video=youtube;BYcCb2AdkBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYcCb2AdkBk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Yeah man, i'm beaming tbh. I bought an Amilo PA 3553 around 2 years ago and after a few months it started overheating and wouldn't turn back on. Fixed it last week but it happened again so I thought I'll wait patiently and buy a new laptop. I wanted one for the past 4 weeks. I kept checking around and decided to get an I3 which had no dedicated gfx card and crap ram for 350, this came up... I was shocked. :)

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Very nice spec laptop for the money. Those newer generation core i series are mighty performers. You might be able to squeeze a bit more from the GPU through overclocking but not the CPU. I wish my laptop was that sort of spec but I need the full number pad that's on mine and I love my SSD :P

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
i could switch up the HD to SSD but really I dont see no reason too. What would you recommend clocking the gpu with? does ati come with any tools? I'm an nvidia fan boy.

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Depends on what you value really. I don't have a lot that I keep on my laptop, but I love having very fast boot up and loading times. Not entirely sure about the GPU overclocking. You may have the option to enable "Overdrive" (overclocking) in the advanced section of Catalyst Control Centre