Graphic Questions

Garu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2006
Question 1;
I have a problem which I'm sure will take one of you lot half a second to answer. how is it that you align a spell image so the animation doesnt fly all over the screen, without just randomly guessing the placement and having a very long process of trial and error?

Question 2;
What colour settings or dpi does mir use? i have a friend that wants to make some custom images but everytime she does, they look really cool but then end up really pixalated and crappy looking when you put them on to Mir.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Mir is 8bit or 16bit colour. Not sure which now :err:

Not overly sure about the placement thing though. Using a wil editor I guess you can do it.

Upvote 0

Garu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2006
Why does Kaori Mir Image manager change the colours of the web safe colours and the 256 colour palette even though mir is apparantly 8bit and should support them?

Also is there a palette for colours that wont get screwed up? or
maybe im doing something wrong.

Upvote 0

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
Ill upload a pallete for you tommorow. Make a ps macro to change pallete, save, close with it. If your making custom spells create them centre screen as its easier make the grapics move around the frame then adding xy tranforms

Upvote 0

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
here you go:

set dither to 100%. It will get more pixelated but this is the cleanest way to do it as if you dont it may swap colours for weird values.

Attachments

• mirpallete.zip
    702 bytes · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
when i have made custom items etc. before i save i just put the mode to indexed colour, then save 8bit. I have never used any specific pallete and have all looked fine.
i actually have the items bigger, when it comes to resizing, i just use the Image Size on Bicubic Sharper setting, for less loss and pixelation.

Upvote 0