Great Game ?????

smoochy boys on tour

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Im starting this thread becos increasing im wondering why i keep returning to Mir
There loads of other games online out there but none of them make me keep coming back

Most of the other games offer loads better graphics less bugs etc .BUTTTtttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its mir we all of us on lomcn come back to:)

I think it becos it is just a great game .....in order to be "Good Game" graphics bug free may not b important .....after all games like noughts & crosses, chess,draughts,cluedo.monopoly,tetrus.solitaire and space invaders dont survive becos of graphics...:D

Right whole point of this thread if uve had chance to read it..... is please post WHY!!!

WHY u think its great game, tell all those server makers not.... wot to do or how to make there servers. BUT instead tell them why u love the game so they can design servers that keep u coming back:ghug:

Last edited:

XXXXX

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jan 12, 2004
it can be summed up in 4 words

gameplay and user friendly.

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
How can it b availability????? i never met ne 1 irl whose even heard of MIR ........Knightonline with loads better graphics yes or even anarchy online got more than mir to offer in terms of technical :dunce:

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
XXXXX said:
it can be summed up in 4 words

gameplay and user friendly.

sorry but ur definition is to general. altho u r right ;) u gotta also consider loads people make servers but only few survive wot make the unsurviving servers crap :mooned: and wot is it about mir that keeps us trawling this forum for a new "MIR" server??

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
holly said:
How can it b availability????? i never met ne 1 irl whose even heard of MIR ........Knightonline with loads better graphics yes or even anarchy online got more than mir to offer in terms of technical :dunce:
First of all use the Edit Button -_- and secondly you asked us to post our opinions so we did I didn't expect having you immediately going against mine.

I meant Availability as in there's so much you can add/modify in Mir compared to other private server games. It's easy to run on a low-spec comp and easy to setup and get to grips with that's why it's so popular and there's so many servers being made fair enough half of them don't last aslong as they should do but that's not the point. Just like RO for instance there's loads of them servers around for exact same reason as there are Mir servers.

Merdok

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 27, 2003
mir is a great game because it is addictive and is disigned for all types of players...

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
unnique gameplay, i think the PVP system is the ebst iv ever seen and the game is very addictive.....long live rusinans and koreans who build it.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Actually just to point out lol, people will leave eventually as they grow older, the people who come back, i presume r still teenagers, like me lol, i quit when i was like 14 :P came back tho, but some people who i know quit r in there 20's and don't come back.

Main reason is, for people in there 20's or 30's can't come back cause of jobs, relationships, bills etc etc.

The teenagers on the other hand, don't have nowt to worry about lol, there parents pay the bills, u have ur lil PC with the games u want, school work takes like an hour to do, then the rest of the day u have to play games.

and tbh, even with a g/f, a 14Yr old teenager is very rarely comitted to his/her g/f lol, since it's like a hobby for them, and prob been playing since they were 10/11?? they wouldn't just drop their hobby they been doing for so long, for a girl they known for a few weeks.

Some do do that, but it's rare u have to admit :P adults on the other hand, would give up and comit to their relationship.

There aint really 1 reason y people come back or not, theres a whole range of em. Teenagers come back for the addiction, game play, boredom etc. Adults just don't, unless it's after maybe 2-3 yrs :P

Oh and i have quite btw :P and im only 16, except i don't plan on coming back lol, im 1 of those rare teenagers that r comitted to his g/f :D and im also trying to get through these 3 years of college lol

Last edited:

Pwnage1

LOMCN Leecher
Jan 13, 2006
;)
holly said:
Im starting this thread becos increasing im wondering why i keep returning to Mir
There loads of other games online out there but none of them make me keep coming back

Most of the other games offer loads better graphics less bugs etc .BUTTTtttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its mir we all of us on lomcn come back to:)

I think it becos it is just a great game .....in order to be "Good Game" graphics bug free may not b important .....after all games like noughts & crosses, chess,draughts,cluedo.monopoly,tetrus.solitaire and space invaders dont survive becos of graphics...:D

Right whole point of this thread if uve had chance to read it..... is please post WHY!!!

WHY u think its great game, tell all those server makers not.... wot to do or how to make there servers. BUT instead tell them why u love the game so they can design servers that keep u coming back:ghug:

aint that great, im bord stiff of it, well except for logging on now and again. join WOW much better ;)

chippy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2005
the deep south
i think maybe its because its not a massive game so people understand it quick but unlike most the new games its hard to understand them as quick as nowdays everything is 3-D theres alot more stuff in games

like mir has about 200-300 items otheres can have up to 1000 and it would be preety hard to know all of them

Merdok

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 27, 2003
sonic, there lots of old ppl who play p69 and have dun for some time like woot who is 40 years old...

btw sonic, nice siggy

Nero

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
it gives people something which scientists, and sociologists call "flow" which is where some 1 gets somuch into something they loose all track of time, it also raises "happy hormones" (can't remember real name) in your body

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
think people would play game, if everyone was same, except it would look more like WOW. like all same spells etc, just different type of view?

i think not, you dont get too many games like mir, maybe because most other games have all staff working alot of time, and actualy want to make something more real rather then a 2d game?

i dunno but, mirs just a type of game, that alot of people get addicted too. Easily get bored though i believe, i havnt played for a week or so now, having a little break, but ill go play it again sometime soon.

And yes, on the side note, alot of older people do play mir, alot i speak to who are like that, dont seem to work, their on mir for all hours. Dam longer than me when im addicted! its silly, but its soo true.

P.s WOW is a decent game yes, i just got bored fast on it. think i might start on it, and alternate from mir and wow, then i can just level a WOW char up, as it is alot easyer, i just feel less rewarding.

Last edited:

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Has ne 1 else considered its the big white in ur face chat box ???

All the other games have chat systems that sorta blend where as mir ....its great for chatters ..it where all the arguements and conflicts start .....and players do they just sit in sz all day char on..prolley watching tele as well...listening in on other people convos

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
mir3 doesnt have that, yet ppl constantly come back to that. so i wldnt have thought thats a major part in it.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
Ripman said:
unnique gameplay, i think the PVP system is the ebst iv ever seen and the game is very addictive.....long live rusinans and koreans who build it.

i just have to say no.. the PvP system for mir, is one of the worse one i seen, if you do want a good PvP system, try Dark Age OF Camelot, its a pure PvP style game, and the way they have it is brillent.

WoW is also good, but not the best, Eve also is very good to come down to PvP..

and mir is just 1 big chat programe with graphics tbh :P

holly

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2003
Toxick said:
i just have to say no.. the PvP system for mir, is one of the worse one i seen, if you do want a good PvP system, try Dark Age OF Camelot, its a pure PvP style game, and the way they have it is brillent.

WoW is also good, but not the best, Eve also is very good to come down to PvP..

and mir is just 1 big chat programe with graphics tbh :P

Im not much pvp its not important to me but i dont think it just chat program i think its "GREAT" chat progam with fairly decent game attached that always changing :D

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
try and find another mmorpg tbh :P alot better games out there, only reason why i hang around here, is i have 2 much time on my hands and i troll other boards as well.

Merdok

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 27, 2003
i think the PVP/Fighting system owns, without that id prob be gone along time ago...