Guild causing lag

smoochy boys on tour

kimboslice

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2007
I was wondering if anyone knew how to help me with this.

When a member of a guild edits their guild page or adds a new member to their guild it seems to lag the whole server for about 10 secs.

It has been suggested that it is an error in the M2Server file but everything looks ok to me.

I did a search before posting this thread and found a thread suggesting it might be the guildemblem in !setup set to TRUE, however after checking it mine was already set to FALSE.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is?

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
what i suggest you do is look threw the guild pages and titles and remove all the funny symbols.
They lagg the server and the guild page terrably.
Once you have deleted all the funny symbols you should be ok

Upvote 0

kimboslice

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion Paul however, when I tried this I still had the same problem.

Anyone got anymore suggestions?

Upvote 0

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
for anyone who is having the same problem....

i looked @ kimbos guildmemberlist DB table. and it seems there was a mass amount of conflicting data in there, my ingame level is 18, yet on the memberlist it was sayin i was 99.

you might want to make sure that the levels on the guildmember list tie up with the accual levels, as some have seemed to have put the rank level down as player level aswell.

Upvote 0

kimboslice

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2007
Unfortunately this has not solved the problem =(

After closing the server, putting the correct levels in the db and then re-opening the server the lag was still there.

I do believe this is connected to the memberlist though because as soon as we tested the page all the levels in the memberlist for the members of the guild reverted back to what their guild rank is.

For example:
Anyone at rank 99, on the memberlist their level went to 99
Anyone at rank 1, on the memberlist their level went to 1

This has happened to everyone in this guild, and this guild only.

I will keep everyone informed if we manage to come up with a solution but any ideas anyone may have is much appreciated.

Upvote 0

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
for t he guild problem i think its cus the SQL guild databases have missing tables

heres whats in the update doc with the TD files

forgot to mention last update log: you need to add a new table to the ms sql 'char' db info:
name: TBL_GuildWarLog
fields:
Fld_GuildName1, varchar, length 20, allow null = false
Fld_GuildName2 (same as above)
Fld_Time, int, length 4, allow null = false, default value = 0
Fld_Duration (same as above
the server uses this table to keep track of the guildwars that take place on the new system
guildname1 = name of winner, guildname2 = loser, time = the time representation of when the war took place, duration = amount of miliseconds the war lasted (so you can see if ppl are 'farming' if they have alot of verry short wars or consantly same winner/loser ect
reworked the dbserver; info below(afraid it can only run mssql now not mysql)
deleted following data from tbl_charinfo:(all pointless really)
Fld_AC,Fld_mac,Fld_DC,Fld_MC,Fld_SC,Fld_MaxHP,Fld_MaxMP,Fld_MaxExp, Fld_Weight,Fld_MaxWeight,
Fld_WearWeight,Fld_MaxWearWeight,Fld_HandWeight, Fld_MaxHandWeight
changes to tbl_CharList:(allow null is always false :p)
Fld_Index(int, length4, increment = yes, identity increment = 1)
Fld_Account(varchar,16)
Fld_CharName(varchar,20)
Fld_CreateDate(bigint,8,default 0)
Fld_Modifydate(bigint,8, default 0)
Fld_SelectID(int,4,default 0)
Fld_Deleted(bit,1,default 0)
Fld_Selected(bit, 1, default value 0)
added a program called dbconvertor that converts the old hum.db file to the ms sql tbl_charlist (make the tbl_charlist empty first)

some of it might not be relevent but hopefully it will help

Upvote 0