Hacked - Not Good

LoneRanger

Dedicated Member
Jul 4, 2003
United Kingdom, South England
Well all I have to say is ; Some n00b has hacked most Mods or Admins accounts and have given out passwords ect. If we catch anyone who is not the real people on those accounts they will be

BANNED

We are sorting this problem out, so please go along and do your normal stuff as if this hasn't happend.. we will sort out ASAP

/LoneRanger

LeoCrasher

:)

Heya every1, sorry for any confusion this may have caused. I wiill try to explain what has happened recently.

Some time ago, LOMCN sustained a DDoS attack, or at the very least - a sustained amount of large bandwidth retrival. However we also encountered a Admin and Mod hacking. Where both Stonehelm and Gladiator posted about themselves. Some of you may haev noticed this - these posts have been moved to the rubbish bin.

During this time - being the only admin on, I completly messed up the ADMIN user to stop the hacked accounts making havoc inside the AdminCP. In doing so I created a backup Admin in a new group, where Atomicide was placed into its position and given the ability to restore the forum along with myself. When the owner finally did log on, we received instruction to remove all nessacery accounts, change passes, and track down anything we could - which we have done.

As a tempoary fix, we have removed all administrators and supermods from power, and have changed their passwords to prevent another access.

In order to keep this forum running as close to normal as possible, we have left single / double forum mods in tact so you can keep about your usual business.

Let me remind you, just cos I cant ban/edit you now doesn't mean I cant later lol ;) so dont be silly and try and keep about your usual business.

Discussion can be held here: http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8281

Thanks for your support
/LOMCN Team

<|~Stonehelm~|>

Ne way we sorted it now Me n Dataforce will continue to investigate and mod/admins wont be given back there role untill we have sorted this out.

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Gladiator was the other one besides StoneHelm to be hacked...btw, Wb Glad :)

-Neo
-Welcoming old people back to a new comunity

Gladiator

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2003
One question why me? Might be cause im the longest sm on ere :p