Hangs on CHR Select Screen

smoochy boys on tour

cheards

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 14, 2006
Hi,

I wander if you could help, I'm connecting from the local network to the server as a client, and can launch and this show's the server online - and then login without any issues, but when It loads the CHR screen I'm left with the message "Loading CHR" and this is where it hang's.

I've checked the "Holley EI DBserver Ver 20060108" and can see a message repeated - 想连接数据服务器,被服务器禁止! - Which I think from babwlfish means Wants to connect the data server, by server prohibition! Can anyone help me please.. I'm nearly there sooo close..

Many Thanks

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

cheards

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 14, 2006
Heres the Screenie when I've logged in and it goes the the CHR select Screen ..

Attachments

• help2.jpg
    help2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

cheards

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 14, 2006
I've also added the CruelDragon3g.ini File the section with the key in is this correct ?

Cheers

Attachments

• CruelDragon3g.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
look at your db server directory... !serverinfo.txt make sure the address is 192.168.0.8,netip:7200

but! you are supposed to use 127.0.0.1 in ALL places FIRST.

Upvote 0

cheards

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 14, 2006
Many Thanks for Helping :)

Netip = my wan addy

I've checked the !serverinfo.txt the contents are :

192.168.0.8,netip:7200

should it be

127.0.0.1,netip:7200 ?

Upvote 0

khnum

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2006
lo cheards, ls's mate here.. all i can think of is your ips should be in the serverinfo.txt and in all the proper places, your local ip = the 192 one.. if you need anymore help ask joe for seans msn, ill do it remote

Upvote 0

matow

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2006
ive helped him with the server, for some reason i can log through all the way into the game but when he tries is just kills at character screen so it cant be the ips

Upvote 0

dscottys

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2005
Liverpool
is he trying to log on with the same comp as the server is running?

i tried this myself and it wont work on the same machine...only for people connecting on other machines

not sure if there is a way though...maybe someone else could answer this for you.

Upvote 0

matow

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2006
we have tried same comp as server and another comp on his network

i found another post about doing telnet port on the server 7000 dont work but other ports do wot could be done to fix this. ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cheards

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 14, 2006
matow - I know if I use the wan ip in the listmake it's showing offline - but using the local ip - the server's shown as "normal" it then allow's me to log in but then still hang's at the chr select as above..... Would changing all the 192.168's to 127.0.'s make it work locally ?

Upvote 0

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
matow - I know if I use the wan ip in the listmake it's showing offline - but using the local ip - the server's shown as "normal" it then allow's me to log in but then still hang's at the chr select as above..... Would changing all the 192.168's to 127.0.'s make it work locally ?

The IPS you should be using for access outside are the following.
**www.whatismyip.com***

You should really only be using your net IP twice and the rest are best ive found to be 127.0.0.1, though you can use ur lan IP though you would need to configure your router for these to work correctly.

Though using ur WAN IP, don't bother. Don't use a wireless network to create a server on. Only leads to problems.

Upvote 0

cheards

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 14, 2006
Just Would like to Thank all here - I found out the problem it was my router does not suppot the loopback function, the workaround I found on here was to place the WAN ip on the mir server as a secondary ip, and then the wan ip+1 on the client did the trick.

Thanks all.

Note : Guess I'll buy another router in the longterm ;-)

Upvote 0